Drinkers with a Running Problem

My first Bells (Read 550 times)

Prince of Fatness

OK.   So I'm hearing about Bells being good stuff.  $11.99 for a six pack at Wegmans.  Ouch.  Last night I figure, WTF, it's the holidays, let's try this stuff out.  I picked up a six pack of the winter white ale.

Tonight I had one.  It's good, but do the people at Bells know what time of year it is?  This is a witbier.  It's very good, but it is not a winter beer.

So they get high marks for the beer and low marks for not knowing that it is winter.  Do they have seasons in Michigan?

Now, they had Kalamazoo Stout too.  How's that stuff?  I'm willing to give them another shot.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Is the Wit seasonal out of season?  I don't see it on their website, weird.  I do spot a cherry stout there, which is cool.  I gotta find me that one!

The Kalamazoo Stout is a fine choice.

$11.99 for a Bell's 6 is a bit high.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

$11.99 for a Bell's 6 is a bit high.

Yeah...ow!  Personally, I don't really care for the Winter White.  Can't put my finger on what I don't like about it...it just doesn't find itself jumping in my cart.  If I go somewhere and it's that or MGD or some other crap...well, then I'll gladly order it, but not if there are other Bells' options.  The Best Brown is really good.

But, OMG...Heather and I need to do a little roadtrip just for this: Uberon

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Yeah the price is what kept me from trying Bells.  It's not common around here and Wegmans is the only place where I've seen it.

Trent, here is the beer  on their website ====> Click

Like I said, it's not bad but I'm looking for these types of beers in the spring, not winter.  I might try the Kalamazoo Stout.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude. It is a refreshing winter alternative created from the subtle fusion of two classic flavors.

Try the stout.

Find me the cherry stout.

Prince of Fatness

Heh.  I'll try the stout.  The weather is turning cold around here, perfect for a stout.

Sorry, I don't think I can help with the cherry stout.  I think I am on the fringes of Bell's distribution area.  Wegmans did have others though.  Next time I am there I'll have to write them down and report back.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

No stout there.  They had Amber Ale, Porter, and Christmas Ale.  I decided against the Christmas Ale since it was $2 more than the others.  I went with the Porter.  I will report back tomorrow.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Which of their Porters?

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

I'm enjoying one now.  The reviews on BA are pretty accurate.  It's not a heavy porter, but it's got some good flavor to it.  I definitely do not regret picking this one up.  Very tasty.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I might try the Kalamazoo Stout.

I will try the Kalamazoo Stout.  I just picked some up this evening and am chilling some for the weekend.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A damn fine choice.

Prince of Fatness

The stout did not disappoint.

Not at it at all. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sitting here with a Two Hearted...damn, but I always love this beer.  I feel pretty lucky to live as close to Bell's as I do.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay