Letters & Opinions

Biden In The Post Orange White Nationalist World (Read 326 times)

katarama

Tribal Elder

Missiles and drones from Iran headed to Israel...

I guess Hamas wasn't getting the job done by proxy.

"Keep doing things." - Jim Martin, 93 year-old paratrooper and badass.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nope. but they are doing a great job with the international war of propaganda.

katarama

Tribal Elder

Donald seemingly dozed off in court yesterday afternoon. This may be the one relatable thing he's ever done. I have no love for The Donald, but as an old, I can appreciate the need for a post-lunch snoozle sometimes.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Donald seemingly dozed off in court yesterday afternoon. This may be the one relatable thing he's ever done. I have no love for The Donald, but as an old, I can appreciate the need for a post-lunch snoozle sometimes.

Same.

But if he plans to continue to call Biden "Sleepy Joe..."

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

RunJasonRun

Justice Dept. to hit concert promoter Live Nation with antitrust lawsuit

If they go back to 1989, then I should be getting roughly three million dollars.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Ugh, I've got a bad feeling SCOTUS is going to strike down the "Obstruction of Official Proceeding" charges for the Jan. 6 rioters.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

katarama

Tribal Elder

Ugh, I've got a bad feeling SCOTUS is going to strike down the "Obstruction of Official Proceeding" charges for the Jan. 6 rioters.

I listened to the oral arguments yesterday. Alito and Thomas will do what Alito and Thomas do. Gorsuch and Kavs will probably join them or at least concur. The sole wild card is Roberts, who seemed a bit skeptical of Fischer's attorney's argument. Solicitor General Elizabeth Prelogar is a stunningly gifted advocate. She's always super-prepared and poised. She doesn't take or fall for any bullshit and lets the condescending snark from Alito and Gorsuch roll off her back. 

katarama

Tribal Elder

Non-Donald-related:  The Heritage Foundation is suing the Department of Homeland Security because it denied HF's FOIA request for Prince Harry's immigration records. The argument seems to be that because Harry disclosed his drug use in his book, he shouldn't have been allowed into the US and the HF is concerned about "special treatment." I'm not a royal watcher or fan, but the idea of the Heritage Foundation, the national headquarters of unearned privilege and special treatment, complaining about someone else's purported special treatment is a laugh. Also, the HF has enough Ivy-educated lawyers on staff to know that immigration records are not releasable under FOIA, at a minimum on privacy grounds, and in the case of a royal, possibly on national security grounds.

katarama

Tribal Elder

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Mitt Romney: “so far as I know you don’t pay someone $130,000 not to have sex with you.”

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

RunJasonRun

I agree with Jon Stewart and others that the constant media coverage of every little thing about the Trump case is deconstructive.  People are so burned out and bored by seeing constant Trump news that when something genuinely revelatory and serious comes down the pipes, nobody pays attention.

Besides, as a wise man once said, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."    All of the publicity is just going to help Trump in the election.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

Unless I see that orange bloated shitbag wearing a jumpsuit and handcuffs, I’m not interested in any of this trial bullshit, because I know it will go absolutely nowhere.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Unless I see that orange bloated shitbag wearing a jumpsuit and handcuffs, I’m not interested in any of this trial bullshit, because I know it will go absolutely nowhere.

It's kind of fun seeing how uncomfortable he is with the process.  Complaining about the gag order, complaining about the temperature in the courtroom, etc..  For once, he has no say about his environment, and how the process works.

I think it's possible he'll be found guilty of this one, but I don't think he'll do jail time.  Besides whatever talisman or relic he owns that seems to protect him from consequences, there's the absolute logistical nightmare housing him would be.  There's apparently been a bill introduced that would take away SS protection from convicted felons, but it'll never pass.  I'd say the best we can hope for is house arrest in Trump Tower, after Lord knows how many appeals. From which he could still run for president.

DavePNW

Any ounce of energy being used toward Trump's trials should be redirected to get out the Democrat votes in November. That's all that matters.

Dave

Prince of Fatness

Any ounce of energy being used toward Trump's trials should be redirected to get out the Democrat votes in November. That's all that matters.

Exactly.

Not at it at all.