Letters & Opinions

Biden In The Post Orange White Nationalist World (Read 326 times)

RunJasonRun

The Republican Study Committee in the House has called for the 2025 budget proposal. (PDF link)

- proposing to raise the Social Security retirement age

- proposing to cut back on school lunch programs

- proposing to cut back on EPA regulations for heavy duty vehicle emissions, etc.

- proposing cuts to health programs for young mothers and children

- proposing cuts to consumer protection programs

- hints at a national abortion ban and a ban on abortion pills

This will likely not get off the ground, but it's insane...sort of like if Saturday Night Live were to present a spoof budget as an over-the-top caricature of Republicans...except that it is a real actual budget proposal.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

The Republican Study Committee in the House has called for the 2025 budget proposal. (PDF link)

- proposing to raise the Social Security retirement age

- proposing to cut back on school lunch programs

- proposing to cut back on EPA regulations for heavy duty vehicle emissions, etc.

- proposing cuts to health programs for young mothers and children

- proposing cuts to consumer protection programs

- hints at a national abortion ban and a ban on abortion pills

This will likely not get off the ground, but it's insane...sort of like if Saturday Night Live were to present a spoof budget as an over-the-top caricature of Republicans...except that it is a real actual budget proposal.

That’s exactly how I think of the GOP in general now…an SNL-style parody of themselves. Except, you know, not funny.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

katarama

Tribal Elder

The GOP cribbed that mess from the Heritage Foundation.

Meanwhile, another non-feral Republican, Mike Gallagher of WI has decided to quit as of April 19, leaving the Rs with a 4 vote majority and the lovely and talented Marjorie Taylor Greene has filed a motion to vacate Moses.

"Keep doing things." - Jim Martin, 93 year-old paratrooper and badass.

RunJasonRun

Interesting anecdote from today...

When I was about to walk to my vehicle in the pouring rain after buying some groceries this evening, I was approached by a semi-unkempt-looking black man who asked me if he could have a ride to a nearby church, because he was anemic and because he had not planned on the rain.  I do not normally make a habit out of giving rides to strangers, but this guy seemed decent enough and the church in question happened to be along my route home.

During the two-mile trip, the guy confided that he was homeless at the moment, but that he had not yet told his girlfriend that he was homeless.  I replied sympathetically, telling him that most of us are just one medical problem or unexpected disaster away from being homeless.  He replied, "Yeah, Trump said that most Americans are just $500 away from being homeless.  Man...I sure do hope that he wins this time.  He tells the truth.  He doesn't lie."  

I sort of wanted to talk to this man for longer, just to see how he arrived at his headspace, but I was also eager to get his cigarette breath odor out of my vehicle.  When we were almost at the church and approaching a convenience store/vape shop building, he asked if I could let him off there, saying that he could just walk over to the church after buying a couple of things.  He pulled a wad of cash out of his coat and asked me how much money I wanted for payment for the ride.  I told him that I did not need any money, and just told him to pay it forward by doing something nice for somebody else someday.

DavePNW

He pulled a wad of cash out of his coat and asked me how much money I wanted for payment for the ride.  I told him that I did not need any money, and just told him to pay it forward by doing something nice for somebody else someday voting for Joe Biden.

This is what you should have told him. Though I guess as a Black homeless man in Georgia, there’s a good chance he won’t be allowed to vote anyway.

Dave

RunJasonRun

This is what you should have told him. Though I guess as a Black homeless man in Georgia, there’s a good chance he won’t be allowed to vote anyway.

When he mentioned that he really wants Trump to win, I simply told him that I do not feel the same way, but that I am looking forward to the election.  I wanted to maintain a pleasant vibe while also stating my disagreement.

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

I can’t help but wonder if he really felt that way or if he said that because he assumed that you like Trump. Nice of you to give him a ride. NFW I would have done it.

RunJasonRun

I can’t help but wonder if he really felt that way or if he said that because he assumed that you like Trump. Nice of you to give him a ride. NFW I would have done it.

That thought crossed my mind as well.  I am a well-fed 50-something white man who drives a battered paint-peeled 2007 Toyota Tacoma.  To unfamiliar eyes, I probably look like the epitome of a Trumper.

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

That thought crossed my mind as well.  I am a well-fed 50-something white man who drives a battered paint-peeled 2007 Toyota Tacoma.  To unfamiliar eyes, I probably look like the epitome of a Trumper.

I inherited my dad’s giant white RAM truck, and I use it on the weekends. A lot of the Trumpstains out here use their trucks to display a flag or something “patriotic”. All my truck needs is a pair of truck nuts and a MAGA flag, and I’ll fit right in with the truck community.

Prince of Fatness

I inherited my dad’s giant white RAM truck, and I use it on the weekends. A lot of the Trumpstains out here use their trucks to display a flag or something “patriotic”. All my truck needs is a pair of truck nuts and a MAGA flag, and I’ll fit right in with the truck community.

Put a rainbow flag and a Black Lives Matter bumper sticker on it. It will blow their red neck minds.

Not at it at all. 

DavePNW

Dave

RunJasonRun

I was thinking about Lord of the Flies the other day.

If I get promoted to manager at my office, then I am going to bring a conch shell to all of our work meetings.  Whenever someone is speaking, he or she will hold the conch shell.

Anybody who interrupts the holder of the conch shell and cuts him or her off mid-sentence will be fired on the spot.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

How is this asshole’s life so charmed? https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-bond-reduced-fraud-appeal_n_660198c0e4b059750143d44c

Gooood question.

Though by this point, I didn’t really expect to see footage of any of his properties being seized today. Unless he deliberately let it happen to curry yet more political sympathy from his followers…which wouldn’t be a bad idea from his standpoint, really.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people