Land of 10,000 Lakes

Races (Read 554 times)

HermosaBoy

My son and I will be there. He is racing, I am just participating...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

my two girls are doing the 2k, I'm racing the 5k, my sis, her bf and my parents are all walking the 5k. My wonderful fiance' will be cheering me on at the finish line. Goal is to complete it under 30 minutes. My last 5k I finished in 30:08...I gotta be able to trim those 8 seconds right??? Oh...that last 5k was a turkey trot last November. Maybe see ya there!
        Alright! I finished my 5k at 28:59. I wanted to get under 30 minutes and I did. Woohoo!!! Cold, crappy day but once we got going it was fine out there. Placed 113 out of 849, and I am very happy with that one.

RFTL

Bjorklund Half Marathon in jun. Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon in October.
          These are the same 2 that I have planned. Hoping to also do some 5k and 10k races later this summer, but starting low HR training now so my "coach" said no races yet!
          HermosaBoy

Alright! I finished my 5k at 28:59. I wanted to get under 30 minutes and I did. Woohoo!!! Cold, crappy day but once we got going it was fine out there. Placed 113 out of 849, and I am very happy with that one.
            WOW!!! Shocked Way to kick some but!

Rob

Alright Rob now how'd you do??? Probably kicked my butt. Big grin
              HermosaBoy

Alright Rob now how'd you do??? Probably kicked my butt. Big grin
                I didn't run the 5k... My son ran it in 22:31. I ran the 10k and was very happy with my time considering I didn't really start pushing until after I crowned the hill leading to St Thomas. I did surprise myself though by running a bit faster (OK, alot faster) than I expected.... ETA -- looking at your picture, you gotta be pretty darn close to your goal weight!!!!

Rob

I didn't run the 5k... My son ran it in 22:31. I ran the 10k and was very happy with my time considering I didn't really start pushing until after I crowned the hill leading to St Thomas. I did surprise myself though by running a bit faster (OK, alot faster) than I expected.... ETA -- looking at your picture, you gotta be pretty darn close to your goal weight!!!!
                  Rob, a sick time after Boston. Congrats. Congrats to your son. A busy and cold race. Melaniemae- sub 30 in the snow and wind. What could be better?. Congratulations!!!
                  And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                  HermosaBoy

Thanks Jeff! Looks like you ran the race I wanted to at Boston. Congrats!!! I think we may have been running by each other for a bit during that. I started in the same corral as you and hit 6:47 for the first mile...

Rob

Thanks Jeff! Looks like you ran the race I wanted to at Boston. Congrats!!! I think we may have been running by each other for a bit during that. I started in the same corral as you and hit 6:47 for the first mile...
                      thank you. Not an easy race to get onto pace in the first 5-10k. I think it was all Lance gawkers Smile
                      And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                        I am still about 10 pounds away from it but getting down there. I've lost 20 since the beginning of Jan and want to lose the next 10 before my wedding in June. 5k in 22?? Your son did great!
                        HermosaBoy

20 since January? That is awesome!!! From what I hear, my soe was swerving around people who lined up too far forward for the first mile (including jumping curbs and running on the grass). Imagine if he would have actually warmed up and lined up by the front where he should have been...

Rob

I also registered for the TC One Mile on the 8th. I don't think I've raced a mile in over 15 years.
                              Registration opens in the lottery for the TC 10 Mile today, and stays open until the 16th. Results of the lottery are available on the July 18. Is $64 steep for a ten mile? I don’t see a way around the processing fee. http://www.mtcmarathon.org/TenMile/Registration.cfm