Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Place Overall Place Gender Place Division Name BIB HALF Prj. Finish Finish Net Finish Gun 17810 10716 865 ยป Clay, Ronald (USA) 15966 02:17:39 - 05:01:19 05:20:43

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

BeeRunB

Place Overall Place Gender Place Division Name BIB HALF Prj. Finish Finish Net Finish Gun 17810 10716 865 » Clay, Ronald (USA) 15966 02:17:39 - 05:01:19 05:20:43

WTG, ROn. Just writing about you over in the race thread. 865, nice finish. WTG.

--Jimmy

I haven't been running in the first half of april, because I was tired, extremely tired.  My RHR was 10 beats above normal and I just felt not well.  I did do a couple of short, light hikes however, and always felt rather refreshed afterwards.  So when my RHR was back to normal last weekend, I decided to restart running on monday.  I feared that my pace would be even slower than before, after two weeks of not-running, but yesterday I ran my fastest 'slow kilometer' ever (which is still very slow, but my pace keeps going faster at least...)

Running in Belgium
        Ann

I have been wise not to run for two weeks while I felt so bad... Although I feared that period of rest would have a bad influence on my pace, my run yesterday (one hour) was at the fasted pace I ever ran since I started this Maffetone thing... (Fast means: just a tiny little bit faster than walking pace.... but I keep making progress, so eventually it will be a decent pace someday I hope.)

Running in Belgium
          Ann

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I have been wise not to run for two weeks while I felt so bad... Although I feared that period of rest would have a bad influence on my pace, my run yesterday (one hour) was at the fasted pace I ever ran since I started this Maffetone thing... (Fast means: just a tiny little bit faster than walking pace.... but I keep making progress, so eventually it will be a decent pace someday I hope.)

Smart move to recover.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4.5 miles 1:09: x x Have not upload run to get HR. Fellowship with some new runners / walkers.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG, ROn. Just writing about you over in the race thread. 865, nice finish. WTG.

--Jimmy

865 was in AG. May only have been 866 Smile

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10 miles HR 117 /132

52F Windy

Marathon weather.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

I have not posted in a while.

I ran a 1/2 maraton at the end of March. My neighbor hurt herself and gave me her bib and number the night before.  I ran at a pace above MAF of 125.  My final 2-3 miles my heart rate averaged 152 and I hit 160.  My time was about the same as last year.  However, last year when I finished the medical staff kept asking me if I needed help.  This year after I finished I was strong, looked good and enjoyed the festivities!  No questions from the medical staff.  To me that is progress!

The week after that I ran 4 days in the mountains outside of Denver and Washington Park near Denver University.  Great to run and end up in the snow trails at the top of the peaks.  Beautiful weather and nice change of pace from Dallas/Ft. Worth.

I cut back on milage the last couple of weeks.  My runs were 4 to 4 1/2 miles each adn not as frequent.

Yesterday I ran eight and this morning 7 1/2.  My pace was good and I felt strong again.

Over my kids' spring break (home from college) and while I was in Denver my eating habits were bad.  Too much sugar, fries, etc.  I gained about 4-5 pounds.  About a week and half ago I cleaned that up and started eating better and running again first thing in the morning.  Weight has dropped.  I now believe that diet has as much, if not more, to do with how I feel and run than anything else.  Eat healthy with almost any type of exercise and I will be healthy.

I also ran a couple of time without my watch.  Very liberating!  Try it. 

Final note.  Since January I have been running in Sketchers Go Run shoes.  Best investment I have made.  Lightweight, low heel to toe drop and great durability.  I highly recommend the shoes.  I now realize that more expensive is not better.  It is all marketing!

Wishing a great week to all!

Chris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I also ran a couple of time without my watch.  Very liberating!  Try it. 

Congrats

I  feel lost without my watch and heart monitor.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4 miles HR 117 /126

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

labhiker

Skipped a run yesterday morning and ran tonight after work.  Felt odd to not run in the morning.

TM 1%  20m WU/ CD  5miles 118bpm ave.

Its a down week and it feels good to get caught up on some needed rest and recovery. 

labhiker

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 miles 111 /134

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

86° F

tm 1%

2.56 mile walk

51:00

19:55 overall pace

22:42.... 89

18:10....103

10:06...103

Getting back to some walking. The last 9 days involved a lot of heavy yardwork. THe kind that

leaves you groaning the rest of the night. Despite time off,  and the 86°, my pace at MAF-25 wasn't too bad.

--Jimmy

labhiker

Saturday - 6.2 miles, modified MPR.

mile 1 = WU @116bpm,   11:37mm

2   @ 135, 9:48  (mixed terrain, ups/downs equal)

3 @ 142, 9:48  (slight elevation climb)

4@  145, 9:50 (hills, climb)

5 @  150, 10:20  (hills, +100ft)

6 @ 154 , 9:34 (mixed terrain),

brief cd.

overall average 10:10 @ 140

Sunday - 10.2 miles, 120bpm ave, rolling terrain (2 2mile hills @ +140-180', followed by a 2mile down hill section)

Ran the first 45 minutes at or below 114, slowly built towards 118 and then finished last 3miles around MAF (128-130).  Fun progression run as slowly builds with sub-MAF and then finished with long down hill section at MAF. 

Lesson learned - its not wise to rush through a Sunday long run and immediately speed off to the golf course and play your first round of 18 holes for the year.  I rushed out of the house, found my golf bag in the back of the garage and speeded off to the golf course.   Made the scheduled tee time and then had difficulty hitting the ball.  Maybe a little post run stretching might of helped?  No matter, it was certainly an exciting and fun day. 

labhiker