Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I did 10 miles @ 144HR and 10:48mm last night (faster at that low HR ever).  Today, I did 5 recovery miles at 140HR.

Damaris

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

Went back to my "home" trail for the first time in almost a year today. Last April's tornadoes have made a mess of the first 4 miles of it, so much so that at some times I had a tough time finding the trail at all. Lots of climbing over downed trees and through the tangled branches.

7 miles @139 avg hr for a 13:11 pace. 770' of "climbing."

Chasing the bus

Six treadmill miles last night (-35F windchill here...still wimping out). 12:08mm, avg. HR 118.

I was STILL 10 bpm under MAF at 5.5 miles tonight, running at 12mm pace for 5 miles straight and feeling great (first 1/2 mi. warmup). Kicked it up to 11mm for the last 1/2 and finished at MAF. After a day off I ran a faster pace at a lower HR than saturday, which was my third day running in a row...big suprise (not). The knee is a bit rough this morning, though. Thinking about some cross-training and only running 3x/week?

Have a great week, happy running!

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
        Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

4 cold miles last night- windchill in the single digits. 10:41 pace @ 141 avg hr. Back at it later today for 12.

Chasing the bus

4 treadmill miles. 11:09, avg HR 121.

My MAF pace seems to fall quickly after 3-3 1/2 miles...settling in around 12mm at 6...time to run some longer d's again. Headed south today, hoping for some outside running!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I misbehaved all week, running 10 @ 148 HR, to which I paid with today's 3 miles at 142HR and feeling tired.  That'll teach me.

Damaris

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

12 miles tonight @ 138 hr. 10:56 pace. Feeling a bit sluggish all of a sudden, although I do think I might be coming down with a cold. I guess we'll see...

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I misbehaved all week, running 10 @ 148 HR, to which I paid with today's 3 miles at 142HR and feeling tired.  That'll teach me.

Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

3 miles on grass. 1st run since Disney. Pain free. Did not run by HR. 12:30 av pace.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

4 miles last night at 10:08. HR monitor was acting crazy, so I dropped it at the truck after a warm up mile. I've been feeling a bit of a head cold lately, and that combined with the cold had me cut it 2 miles short of my planned outing. Live to fight another day, I guess.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

runnerclay made fun of me but I did it again!

I ran 10 miles with 3 @ MP and came up to HR of 152 instead of 148.  I assume that since I did MP miles at 155-160HR the HR was OK overall.

I did 5 miles yesterday at 140HR and 11:56mm or thereabouts.  Today, I ran with my HRM (blasphemy) to do my shakeout run before the marathon tomorrow and it came to 12:06mm so I assume it was 135-140HR.  See?  I can follow instructions sometimes.

I am not following Maffetone right now because I'm doing some Pfitz workouts but I'm comparing Maffetone with Pfitz and doing most of the runs on pace pursuant to Pfitz' HR guides but at the same time comparing how I feel vs. when I did a similar workout with MAFF.  And actually most of the time the run comes at my Maffetone limit for my age + 5 bpms (148), so not bad.  My recovery runs are pure Maffetone and those are the ones I love the most. Big grin

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Damaris good luck tomorrow at  the  marathon.

6 miles HR 125 /146. Stay in the street on the way back. The concrete sidewalk was painful.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Chasing the bus

Good luck tomorrow, Demaris!

Finally, an injury free long run. 8 miles, avg. HR 124, 11:49 pace, which is fast, unless you consider the rest I had...anyway, the kind of run that helps me remember why I love to run, in spite of temp -6F.

Tried running yesterday, and my right knee lit up at 1.5 miles...I don't know. Had a chiropractor appt. for my neck, and had massage tech work on the knee, and it was fine today?

Have a great week, all!

John

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5.72 miles on the Olympic horse park trail. Nice  clean trail. I did fall once. Trip on something. Not hurt. No pain from the PF is the important part. Did not get started until 9 AM. I will need to be there next week when the sun comes up(7:30).

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Chasing the bus

Winter is back, -15F today. 4 miles recovery/junk, 11:18, avg hr 127. That wraps up my week at almost 24 miles, which is good considering the injury friday. Onward and upward?