Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

It all started in my dark, dark childhood on the rough streets of Central Falls...

But seriously, because I was in a walking phase, and I haven't wanted to run more than that. I get a good enough idea from the first mile whether or not aerobic speed is improving.

I think the improvement is partly from the walking,  and partly from the rest from running. Whatever the reason, I'm on the right track.

(gained some weight in Italy, but that's to be expected)

ok well I see. 

labhiker

pleased to report two days of back-to-back running and no knee issues.

5:50am, hot & humid, 4.25miles @ 120 bmp (ave).  RHR elevated   Had to walk a few hills to keep HR below 130.  (Have not been forced to walk for over a year)

Feels like I have lost some fitness however it could be the HH that is causing the slowdown?  Either way its OK and Im pleased to be getting out again.

labhiker

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5:50am, hot & humid, 4.25miles @ 120 bmp (ave).  RHR elevated   Had to walk a few hills to keep HR below 130.  (Have not been forced to walk for over a year)

Feels like I have lost some fitness however it could be the HH that is causing the slowdown?  Either way its OK and Im pleased to be getting out again.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

20.5 miles.Pit Bull decided to come out of his yard and on to the medium to follow us at mile 12.

Good thing it was a 4 lane road. Flagged down a lady to call 911. She gave us a ride pass his house.Going round the block was 3-4 miles on roads with no side walks.Flagged down the police at mile 13.5. He went to check on the dog.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Busy week at the office but glad for the long weekend.

Did 9 on the TM on Tuesday with 2 X 2 miles @ HMP (adjusted for TM pace), 6 on Wednesday with hubby (at sub MAF), 6 solo on Thursday on the TM (HR 140), and 10 yesterday alternating between TM and outside since it is stupidly humid and super hot (HR 151).  Overall, not a bad week.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

20.5 miles.Pit Bull decided to come out of his yard and on to the medium to follow us at mile 12.

Good thing it was a 4 lane road. Flagged down a lady to call 911. She gave us a ride pass his house.Going round the block was 3-4 miles on roads with no side walks.Flagged down the police at mile 13.5. He went to check on the dog.

Hope the dog is OK.  Nice of you to worry and nice job on the 20.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay for the no knee issues.

Damaris

BeeRunB

Glad the pit bull didn't want to chomp on your leg, Ron. You're a good samaritan.

Good week for you, Damaris.

TODAY:

1:20:00 run

30:00 walk

6.56 miles

Was a good first week back.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

8.4 miles HR 117/ 138

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

1:05 run

5.54 miles

Week 2 begins

labhiker

45 minutes, 118-122 bmp average  Glad I got out early before the humidity and temperature rise.

labhiker

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Missed 3 straight days  not running due to working.

30 miles. HR monitor reads 190 in a 16 minute mile.

15 miles-3:20

15 mlies-4:21

walked most the last 6 miles.

GA Perimeter Decatur to Lindbergh @ Peachtree

Hills and more hills.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

1:10:00 run

I lowered my MAF to 122 bpm  for at least the rest of the Atlanta summer, to take off some of the stress I was feeling in my runs at 130 bpm. I found I couldn't get more than three days in a row in without needing some rest. Also, after my first two weeks, I suddenly started getting slower, so I decided to do what's worked for me in the past in the summer---lower the ceiling. Today's run felt the best of all of them since returning. I'm as slow as a sloth on quaaludes, but I'll be fast as a drug-free one before I know it.

Looking for a run-days in a row this week.

1:10:00 run

I lowered my MAF to 122 bpm  for at least the rest of the Atlanta summer, to take off some of the stress I was feeling in my runs at 130 bpm. I found I couldn't get more than three days in a row in without needing some rest. Also, after my first two weeks, I suddenly started getting slower, so I decided to do what's worked for me in the past in the summer---lower the ceiling. Today's run felt the best of all of them since returning. I'm as slow as a sloth on quaaludes, but I'll be fast as a drug-free one before I know it.

Looking for a run-days in a row this week.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in..and it's really just my opinion/input here - when running at MAF HR it's normal to be able to only run 3 days in a row before wanting a rest day and so if one wants to run more than that in a row then I guess a sub-MAF HR works for the easy recovery days.

I didn't check your log too far back but I saw slower times after "off" days. slowing down after that many "off" days would be a pretty normal response. no idea why you had the "off" days of course.

in any case...happy running! 

npaden

Got my current mini-streak up to 18 days with some interval work yesterday.  Working on a training plan for a fall 10K.  12 X 400m intervals with a mile warmup and cool down.  Felt really good.

I need to buy a battery for my HRM and do a MAF test sometime soon.  I've been doing plenty of easy running but probably slightly over my MAF number.

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)