Masters Running

Monday, May 9 Runs and Assorted Workout-Type Activities..... (Read 584 times)

The English Beat played at this venue a few months ago - I would have loved to have had seen them.  Gad, guess I have never really left the 80's.

Red Rocks near Denver, '83.  I found myself downloading a couple of songs yesterday by The Young Fresh Fellows of Seattle '80s fame and Jimbo Sangster the bass player was my college roommate.

Awesome savasana at lunch yoga, like electricity was running through my body.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

I'll be careful, Holly. 

Good luck with the upcoming interviews.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo

I did 10 miles on Saturday and it didn't go well. I'm not real optimistic about the Cellcom next weekend. But, when you don't train properly, you can't complain about not running well.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week.

Jlynne,

Trained well or not you never know what race day has in store for you. Just run to have fun and you might be shocked ! I'm trying to keep my over confident self in-check or I could find myself being sorely dissapointed.  And speaking of being sorely dissappointed; I just found out thru the Face Book page that Cell Com is limiting you to two free "Beverages" after the race. One per rip off tag on you bib. I can already see myself...."Scuse me Ma'am, will you be using those tags?" Big grin

Marathon Maniac #957

Slo - after the Seattle R&R, we had tickets for free beers, but you had to have a driver's license.  Who of us was carrying a wallet?  Even our race numbers, showing our age groups, wasn't enough.  Luckily we had a support crew with a cooler waiting at the finish...Wink

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Slo - after the Seattle R&R, we had tickets for free beers, but you had to have a driver's license.  Who of us was carrying a wallet?  Even our race numbers, showing our age groups, wasn't enough.  Luckily we had a support crew with a cooler waiting at the finish...Wink

I'll readily admit to being a lush. I can stop at one beer but after two the stopping gets much harder !

The driver license thing is about as dumb as I've heard too. RD's want people to stick around for the awards ceremony. Give people a reason to stick around. Last year they had a great band and free beer...I stayed. This year I'll likely head back to the hotel where I'll have beer waiting.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Speaking of beer.... one of the new rules for Ragnar this year is no alcohol before the finish. They find you, your team gets disqualified, end of story. I think it's a bit much, if you ask me, but I'm not one to make waves.

3 EZ miles this morning in 32 minutes. I'll be going to yoga this evening, as usual. Appointment this afternoon went fine, and I was so grateful my friend (a BC survivor herself who had a bilateral mastectomy w/reconstruction) was there to know what questions to ask. She'll be coming with me to tomorrow's appointment as well.

Jlynne

Last year they had a great band and free beer...I stayed. This year I'll likely head back to the hotel where I'll have beer waiting.

No way! I'll be using my tickets, but my sister and some friends don't drink. Don't worry, you'll get plenty of beer Wink They are having a band again this year. The extended forecast calls for clear skies and temps around 44° at the start. Thanks for the encouragement. As bad off as I feel, my DS is running with his wife and he hasn't trained - or even run - since January. The little brat will probably beat me too. I'm stuffing packets tomorrow afternoon and doing chip check on Friday night. When are you getting into town? 

Glad your appointment went well, OM. How great to have a friend who can offer support as well as advice.

Holly, I hope your boss realizes what she's losing....

Mike E

MM #5615

And speaking of being sorely dissappointed; I just found out thru the Face Book page that Cell Com is limiting you to two free "Beverages" after the race. One per rip off tag on you bib. I can already see myself...."Scuse me Ma'am, will you be using those tags?" Big grin

That's hilarious!  But, as much as I love beer, I don't see how anybody can drink one after a marathon.  I can't even drink water!

TammyinGP

Newport had the same type of set-up on getting beer. I think it was one per person? you got a beer ticket with your finisher's shirt/medal I think? it's all such a blur now. and I'm not ashamed to admit that I bummed a few tickets off people that weren't going to use theirs. one guy just offered his up for me (his ticket). he must have thought I needed it.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but it just really hits the spot after a marathon. even if it's like 10:30 in the morning!

After Seattle, where it was blasted hot by the time I finished, having Peter hand me a nice cold beer was like manna from heaven!

Tammy

HermosaBoy

Speaking of beer.... one of the new rules for Ragnar this year is no alcohol before the finish. They find you, your team gets disqualified, end of story. I think it's a bit much, if you ask me, but I'm not one to make waves.

They had that rule at Great River last year.  Didn't stop some people...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Slo

That's hilarious!  But, as much as I love beer, I don't see how anybody can drink one after a marathon.  I can't even drink water!

Nothing beats and endorphin high with a beer chaser !

Looks like Tammy gets it!  She says it's like "manna from heaven" !!!

Dove

The Dovenator

Nothing like a good beer immediately after a race to speed recovery. Tamster, if I remember right, didn't we down a beer, then head back out on the course to find the oyster-slurping Tet? Ah, good times.... Wish I could go again this year.

Leslie, you do some of the Coastal Trail Runs, don't you? Have you ever run Canyon Meadow at the Redwood Regional Park in Oakland? I'm going to be in Concord that weekend and may run this one. Any opinions or advice?

"it's just like having fun, but different"

Mike E

MM #5615

Ahhh...I think I understand, now...do not drink water--drink beer--after a marathon.  It's amazing what I've already learned from you people.

.....  It's amazing what I've already learned from you people.

Big grin

...if you have to start Attending Meetings,

you may wanna cut back a bit.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Either way, it's old news.