Masters Running

The Wednesday, 8-12 daily (Read 36 times)

Mariposai

Good morning friends. How is your Wednesday treating you?

For me, Wednesday started out with a nice run with my running partner. A short run, but a nice run!

Now it is time to hear how your day is going.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Happy Hump Day and Good Morning, Posie and all who follow ~

Once again I set my alarm to get up , but didn't.  The sound of the garbage truck is what got us out of bed this morning.  Never know when it's going to show up - 6:00 a.m. or 3:00 p.m.  I'm guessing it depends on the driver.

But I brought my running clothes, and plan on putting in a few miles after work.

Enjoy the gift of life ~~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

King of PhotoShop

Well, the so-called "cold front" really did come through.  Started at 7 a.m. and it was 77 degrees, which is very comfortable, and got in ten easy miles.  Right now it's just after 11 and temps are only at 90, so that is very pleasant here.  I did a bit of work this morning and this afternoon I just have some correspondence, so a light work day for me.

Today is Stumpy's birthday.  Happy birthday kevin.  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Birthday Kevin!

Another beautiful day here, but I am cooped up indoors at work.  Blech.  I hear the sunshine calling me.  Ah well.

5.75 fartleky miles for me this morning in 62 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Buenos días, posie and all.

Happy Birthday Stumps.

.Actual headline in the Singapore Straits Times: “Brrr, it's cold: temps drop to 79.9."

I’d been there long enough that it actually was chilly enough to warrant going over to the Chinese Emporium to get one of the cashmere sweaters after all I’d been wondering why they even bothered to stock from the Mainland.  
            Survived Taper-for-Tom day no. 2 with a little swim and cycling the same 4.5 miles along the bike path I’d normally be relentlessly running every day for training if I trained except I don’t so I wouldn’t.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

tetsujin209 that's the ticket!  Tapper for tomwhite!  That is why I decided to bag running today!

stumpy77 Happy birthday!

Last night  I made a bacon wrapped beef loin with a peppercorn cream sauce.  It is a Guy Fieri recipe and I have tried to make it several times.  Each time I tried the bacon unwrapped when I tried to cook it.   Then I decided to watch the episode again this time paying close attention to what he did to wrap the tenderloin.  The difference from what I tried to do on my own was subtle but what a difference it made! This time the bacon stayed on!  Man, I should have gone back to watch that episode long ago!    If you want the recipe you can find it at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/bacon-wrapped-beef-tenderloin-recipe.html.

In terms of running, as noted above I decided to give my body another day off from aerobics.  I did a few upper body exercises in the gym and that was it.   This morning when I woke up I felt pretty good and was tempted to go out.  But, figured that seeing as I felt pretty good it would not hurt to give the old repair systems another day to solidify the gains.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Bacon...

I don't know if it was the heat and humidity yesterday but I was wiped out last evening, went to bed early, and slept in.  So the 3 mile run I had planned this morning never happened.  I also put 3 of those 6 pounds back on somehow.  Sad

Dinner with Blue Eyes and his daughter tonight.  First time meeting her and hope I pass the test, whatever the test is.  They are very close.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Good morning all, glad to catch up with everyone's escapades. I sure hope TomWhite is recovering uneventfully. I wanted to say HI to dg! Tell us how you’ve been doing, girl. Hi to Cranium too! Roch, the ride sounds fun! We will have to do that sometime, maybe TRAM. Leslie, how did the Dr. appointment for dad go yesterday? What an ordeal for all of you. Hope you are getting some answers. TomSelbs, I don't think I could have that done to my eye, but glad it worked  Tet, I googled the Nugget Falls and was disappointed to see that they are in Juneau.  We are leaving for Anchorage in ten days! I can hardly wait. I have been scrambling to make arrangements and get organized. We don’t have a tour or anything so it’s all up to us. Erica, we should be in or near Fairbanks on 8/30 – 8/31. MrStarr wants to go to the University of Alaska Museum of the North. Maybe we will run into each other somewhere. We have a 22' motorhome for 2 weeks. We are booking a flightseeing tour at Denali, that looks so cool! (no pun intended)

We went on a lovely 10 mile ride in IRC yesterday afternoon. Walked in the door and got a call that the truck was repaired, at no charge even, woo hoo! So, more vehicle shuffling, then went to the farmer’s market where they had “Cruisin’ Downtown” . It was a blast to see all the restored cars on display. The food smelled delicious but I had an eggplant bake in the oven (from a previous farmer’s market) so didn’t splurge on a burger. After supper was a church softball game and had a great time with friends. After that I mended blue jeans for DS. Good thing I got up at 4:30 and paid bills before work!  Today we are headed to Sioux Falls to get some stuff for the trip, so no running. Does anyone have a great camera bag recommendation?  I am looking at a Mountainsmith sling bag for my camera with the interchangeable lenses. I wonder whatever happened to Troy in Alaska, can't remember his handle. He had great pictures and I purchased the same camera that he used.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Sayhey! MM#130

Image result for Happy Birthday runnersHAPPY BIRTHDAY STUMPS!  Tag helped me with this one.  Hope you have a runtastic birthday.

Just a flyby as I'm getting ready to see my old chums in SD, yay!  Speedsters was fun last night, 200s-slow/fast alternating for 3 miles, and with the warmup, cooldown, and my pokey 4 this am, have reached the 2000 mile mark for 2015.

Good luck enke, best to tw, toms and you all...safe trip Ribs.

Leslie, if the garbage collectors went on strike, you might be awakened by the smell, eeeuuuwww.......

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

evanflein

Starr! I'll send you a message with some info. The UA Museum is right across the street from my office so if you're there on a week day, I'll be there! We definitely will need to meet up! It's not often I get an RA member in my backyard if I didn't have to bring them here myself!

{{Leslie}} you've been through the wringer, girl, don't regret the extra sleep. There's always tomorrow (right, Twocat??).

And Tet is talking like Tet still, all is right with the world.

Good luck with BE's DD, Enke! (gonna start needing a decoder ring to understand what's going on in here)

Happy Birthday, Kevin!

And this... "and temps are only at 90" [said no Alaskan, ever] Enjoy the break in the heat, Ribs! Nice run for you!

My left knee was complaining a bit last night. That body part has never complained about anything before that I can recall, so not sure what's up with that. Hoping the hill repeats on the trails weren't a cause, because I'm going out for more tonight! (trails, not hill repeats, all though there will be hills!)

mrrun

ketchup time - I haven't been running , but I have been lurking.  As henrun mentioned, biking and running over the w/e in the Hamptons, but tomorrow starts another GD visit, so different kind of activity.  Today was digging at the Industrial School for Girls, where girls 6 - 15 attended approx 1850 - 1890.  we've found lots of pins, beads, doll parts and other good stuff.  below is porcelain doll found today.  what's cool is there's about 5-8 teen-age boys who are doing this as part of their summer work.

happy birthday stumpy, hope TW is recovering fine  ((to anyone with hurts or family hurts)), congrats to hudson, speaking of BE DD - have fun and another RA meet-up - exciting!  and of course happy runs/walks to all!  marj

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

How old is Mr. (oh big deal, so he has) Blue Eyes (and is really tall)'s daughter?  I remember when I first brought Debbie home to meet my kids, Larva almost chased her away.

tet--I think I read on the July Miles thread that you ran your first barefoot marathon after one barefoot training run...is that right?  That is just crazy...you're crazy...but pretty "hard core", as the kids would say.

Speaking of "hard core"...I've been thinking about tomwhite, too.  I sure do hope everything turns out for that guy.  Has the word "quit" ever entered into his head?  Well...it probably has...but he never will.

I went 11 miles, tonight.  Eric rode along on a bike and kept me company.  We had a good time.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

HermosaBoy

I went 11 miles, tonight.  Eric rode along on a bike and kept me company.  We had a good time.

Excellent!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

evanflein

Marj, that's pretty cool about the dig and the neat finds you're unearthing!

I ran 11 miles too! My run was on the first 7 miles of the Equinox trail, then back to campus on the multi use path and roadside. Great run, felt like my pacing is finally getting the hang of the hills and trails. Felt great to run up those hills at a good steady pace and not feel totally gassed at the top (or before I get to the top!). And I got back just before the rain moved in.

Marathon Maniac #957

Survived Taper-for-Tom day no. 2 with a little swim and cycling the same 4.5 miles along the bike path I’d normally be relentlessly running every day for training if I trained except I don’t so I wouldn’t.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."