Masters Running

TimBo's Craigslist profile - help him find a date! (Read 961 times)

King of PhotoShop

Probably the best thing that can happen for Tim right now is that Kelly is on her way. Given how nervous he is this week, having someone who is a veteran runner and a pretty calm person will be a big help to him, not just in the sense of having someone to talk with, but in last minute advice. I just spoke with her before she caught her plane to Indy and I know she is looking forward to meeting him. Darned nice of him to pick her up at the airport too. He is a really good guy and I want him to have a great race experience, but I am worried sick over this last injury. I hope he doesn't get in trouble during the race and try to gut it out; that's my biggest concern. He is otherwise in terrific shape. Spareribs
    wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, coach Spareribs, you've helped Tim a lot with his training, and I know he's grateful. And hooking him up with Kelly was a wonderful idea, too. But now it's all up to him - you've done your work and need to sit back and let him go. Kind of like a mama bird pushing the baby out of the nest and hoping it will fly! That said, I share your concern with his injury and hope he does well and doesn't injure it worse. I suppose a certain amount of pain tolerance is necessary to be a distance runner, but some around here may be overly stubborn... (you know who you are). Good luck, TIM!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Timbo, I can't wait to hear AAAALLL the story about your weekend. Please allow me to say that I am proud of you for knowing when to push and when not. It must have been hard to DNF at mile 16, but you did the right thing. You rock timbo. My admiration for you just went up 50 notches Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I am with you Maraposai.....Admiration for Tim and much empathy. It's never easy to face a DNF after all the training. Timbo, you did the right thing and likely set yourself up for a great race in the not too distant future. Karin

King of PhotoShop

He showed courage to try it out, and great judgment to stop. That is admirable in a runner and I am very proud of him. He just needs rest, and when the foot heals, he is poised to try another one this fall. Kelly coasted in with a 3:48. She is doing a half marathon in Dallas tomorrow and didn't want to push. I know they had a good time and now each of them has a terrific new friend, and that is a great way to look at this entire adventure. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ok guys, This portion of the thread is what made me tear up...big time!! And men are NOT suppose to cry... Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

SteveP

Tim, in order to help you out, I'm offering a picture of me you can post to your profile. Babes will take notice. You're welcome

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ummmm, Thanks....I think, lol....where are the "babes" at??? Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

wow - I guess Steve really knows how to shut a thread down eh? Tongue

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Big grin

SteveP

I was affraid of that...Sorry ladies....These goods is off the market.

SteveP

TammyinGP

I was affraid of that...Sorry ladies....These goods is off the market.
                          boy, you sure know how to disappoint dontcha Steve. Cry I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a Batman shirt or shorts quite the same again . . .

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey focus people, focus I tell ya. After allll of this, I still don't have a date....sigh. But I do have allll the HAWT ladies at RA on my side...which one is dump'n their DH first, lol...ok, that's not really funny...but my phone number is 765-RA-Girls. Only fans of running shirtless needs to apply...me, not you silly... TimBo

evanflein

OMG, I had to go dig this up and what do I see? Gee, thanks, Steve. Off my lunch now... Wink Hey Tim, don't despair! My DH was feeling very sorry for your plight, especially after that meet up with the marathon runner didn't pan out. He found this for you. Ejoy! http://www.meet-an-inmate.com/

Marathon Maniac #3309

OMG, I had to go dig this up and what do I see? Gee, thanks, Steve. Off my lunch now... Wink Hey Tim, don't despair! My DH was feeling very sorry for your plight, especially after that meet up with the marathon runner didn't pan out. He found this for you. Ejoy! http://www.meet-an-inmate.com/
                                Wow, thanks Erika....I think Big grin Hey, how bout this one.... http://www.meet-an-inmate.com/ladies/regina-10400.htm Looks more like a glamor shot, than mug shot Smile I changed my mind, I like this one better....we're meet'n 2-20-09 , her release Date Big grin http://www.meet-an-inmate.com/ladies/paula-10420.htm TimBo