Masters Running

A bit about yourself (Read 2408 times)

(I guess Dark Horse finds my avatar too disturbing. I will try to find something else.)
    I think I speak for all men here -- please don't. Big grin

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I'm here to testify that all of you are truly seeing Ilene's butt. I see it disappear very quickly every time we run in a group. No I am not male. Nice to see familiar names. Hi Henrun! How have you and Marj been since Dallas?
      mrrun

Hi all, Good to see so many friends. Henrun's out running as we speak and doing well. where are you finding the cool avatars? we need help - the non-technies Confused
          Hi Masters, I've been using RA for a few months and just now learning about the groups. I'd like to be a part of the Masters since I fit ..... being almost 56 years old. I've been running since '94 with a few brief stints of absence and one long one from 10/00 - 06/02. My log is public so I won't go into a lot of race history. There's only a couple months worth there but I update it with each workout. It was the log that first brought me to RA and the wonderful folks that are keeping me here. Ray

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Tramps

In case you're curious--I was--here's our membership as of 12/26/07 around lunch time. Hi, everybody. Smile (Hey, lurkers c'mon out and say "hello"!) Aamos Aija anachrotech Anachrotech1 annied arlahile atmparis2008 aurrunner backstretch bap barefoot jon Barefoot Rick Beerrun BFrank Bonkin breger1 btb1490 BTY caddisfli Cashmason CassadAAmius charleygross CNYrunner coastwalker Craneium Dark Horse Dave59 Deputy detroittrader dg3 DianaH DickyG divechief Doctor Wu dougev16 dromedary Econo ejcarm eliz4015 enkephalin evanflein evillee evryday fatozzig fbgrrl flkjr Flying Finn fperissi Fred Puhan halllar hally hellnotholy henrun Holly S. Homer hopeful4ever hup huskydon Ileneforward jemmama Jim J Jim24315 jimmyb JJJessee joe811 john7m johnmaas jpnairn jules2 JVol44 kimber45 knitrun ksrunr La Tortuga Labduck lakerunr LaVitaDolce lyndenrunner m1ke marathon derrick mariposai markguy mcsolar99 miketest123 millbot MKChan mrpat mrrun Mtnchk1 mum2girls Mustang Sally Neil Gunn Nickel428 ny2ut oldguy OrangeMat PapaBanucci pegruns perchcreek PerfesserR Peter NC pfriese PJH pRED predawnrunner r2farm rgreen45 rochrunner Roy C Runaround Runner67 runnerzelle runner_girl_63 runningindc runquiltOT RunsTheBiteroot Runwun rvelich Sans Souci Sarge ScriptCal seemomgo sierra SimonR SirWalksalot smc3720 Sockoni Soundrunner Spareribs StarrRuns SteveP stumpy77 tagrunner Tallrunner TammyinGP TanyaS Teresadfp TheProFromDover TheSaint tomwhite trails2run Tramps tselbs Twocat ultrastevep va vista vkay wa5yom wick51 wildchild WillRunForBeer willybill Wingz YoginiDiver A quick tour of the user groups turns up these as the largest: 1000 Mile (204) Jiggly Joggers Weight Loss (192) Masters (155) Low HR Training (127) 2000 Mile (120) CR Refugges (112) Marthon Training (112) 1500 Mile (100) Half Marathon Training (94) Virtual Racers (91) Ladies Locker Room (87) 1000 Km (78) Running Readers (56) Trail Runners (55)

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Tramps, thanks for the list-very impressive. Dromedary, we have been doing very well since Dallas. We're getting ready for another half shortly (TBA).
                Hello! I am a 43 year-old female and live in Western, MA with my husband, 11 year-old son and 13 year-old beagle. Even though I have lived in New England for 13 years (4 years of college in the 80s) and then for the past 9 years----I go by the handle CNYrunner (Central New York runner) as a way to honor my Syracuse, NY roots. I fell in love with running there and stay in touch with the running scene in CNY to this day. My husband is from Rochester, NY so we make the trip across I-90 a whole lot. I was a half-miler in high school and moved up to the mile, 3000 and 5000 in college (as well as always running x-country). I have completed 27 marathons since 1987. I am working with my college coach again (via Internet since she lives in the Midwest) and it's been fun to see my times come down again as I see how far I can push it. I was born in Switzerland and lived there until I was 5 years-old. I am hoping to make marathon number 30 the Jungfrau marathon. I have been fortunate and honored to meet TheProFromDover (briefly) SkipAZ, Dark Horse and Holly. I hope I'll meet more of you soon!! CNYrunner/Karin
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Welcome, Karin! You're on the opposite end of the spectrum of running from me, so it will be fun to follow your progress. (I'm 45 and can run 4 or 5 miles, and have signed up for a half marathon next September.) I HAVE been to the Jungfrau - I think Wengen is one of my favorite places in the world. At the Jingle Bell 5k in Freeport, Maine a few weeks ago, I saw a Maine license plate with WENGEN on it. Where exactly is the marathon?? Is it ALL mountains? I got sore just hiking there. Teresa
                  Fred.Just Fred

The Internut

I'm a 56 year-old "kid" from Northern Virginia. I'm not a former Cool Runner, but I -am- a "refugee" from a site called planetrun.com, where I've logged my runs for the past 5+ years. The site is falling into disrepair and the administrator has been absent for so long that I worry for the site's future. I guess I'm moving here -- Come January 1, 2008, this will be my "primary" site. It has all the features I want except one: the ability to set monthly goals and measure the progress against them. I've emailed Eric already my idea... Evil grin When I turned 40 I did the mid-life crisis thing and did an about-face on my life. I gave up smoking and carousing, and started to get serious about my health. I ran my first 5K about three years later, but it took me a long time to work up to running a marathon. At this writing, I have now run 5 marathons (3 Marine Corps, 1 Sarasota, 1 Frederick), multiple half-marathons, 20K, 10 milers, 10K, 8K and 5Ks. I'm an "ordinary" runner. I usually place somewhere in the 50-60% bracket. My only competition is myself... I managed to hit 1,000 miles this year, but that was less than the 1,180 I did last year. I'd like to try for 2008 km in the coming year (1247 miles). I've been hampered with Morton's Neuroma for nearly the past three years, but I'm finally getting treatment and can now run distances without feeling like someone is nailing a hot poker into my foot! Shocked My wife and I married in 2003. It's the second for both of us. Between us, we have four kids, and the oldest, my daughter (25) has taken up running, too! She ran the Army Ten-Miler last October. The longest distance for her to date. She has signed up for the Marine Corp HM, but alas, I find registration is closed, so she'll have to do it without us. I'm a firm believer in John BIngham's line: "The miracle isn't that I finished, the miracle is that I had the courage to start!"

I'll have days when I don't think I can run a marathon. I'll have a lifetime to know that I did.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hello all ! Here's one more runner to add to the membership list!! I'm a 48 year old Italian mother of 3 living in WA. I got hooked on running about 5 years ago and so far completed one marathon (Vancouver BC) , a few HM and a number of 5 and 10K. I wish I had more time to devote to running and posting but work often gets in the way! I'm going to start off the New Year with the Resolution Run 5K in Seattle . I'm sure that joining this group will be fun and a good way to stay motivated and try to train for at least one marathon in 2008 . Thank you for reading my introduction! Francesca

Me

Hello, I am a CR refugee. I am 46 year old that started running last October after deciding I was going to get into shape and run the Va Beach Rock n Roll half marathon. I ran that this past September in 2:26. I am from Toledo, OH and work for the state of Ohio. I am currently running ~23 miles/week and not currently signed up for any races.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I'm Steve, I live in Durham, NC. I've been running since I was 49 and I'm now 54. Been posting in B&B for a couple years. I was a couch potato in 2002 when I got Tory, my black shepherd/husky/lab mix. He MADE me run. I lost 45 lbs in the process and went from 7 mile longest run in April 2004 to first marathon (Marine Corp) in October 2004. Caught the "bug" and now running is my passion. BQ'd in Myrtle (5th Marathon) in February with a 3:35:49 developed PF while training for Boston and had to miss it. Now off the DL and just BQ'd again at Richmond and now training for my first Boston (woo hooo!). I would not have possibly BQ'd without the support and vast knowledge gained from CR B&B. Best thing I ever did was hanging out with yuz guys!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Steve! I'm from Raleigh. We have a very small and not too active (yet) group on RA for Raleigh and the surrounding area. www.runningahead.com/groups/raleigh I'm 35, slow runner, and martial arts enthusiast. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

In case you're curious--I was--here's our membership as of 12/26/07 around lunch time. Hi, everybody. Smile (Hey, lurkers c'mon out and say "hello"!)
                              Currently 158 members... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Hi Francesca!! And welcome!! Smile There are many WA runners (myself included) posting on this forum, but some check in only occasionally. Stick around and don't let all the inside jokes deter you. The resolution run, I am going to bypass that one, but I live on the Eastside in case you are interested in any races over here. Mercer Island Half and 10K is in March... enke

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."