Masters Running

A bit about yourself (Read 2408 times)

GreenMan

Welcome Mike, Fred, RGreen, and Francesca (I love to say that name) And other's I know I've missed I can't keep up das ist goot jjj
    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Maniac 505

Hello all ! Here's one more runner to add to the membership list!! I'm a 48 year old Italian mother of 3 living in WA. I got hooked on running about 5 years ago and so far completed one marathon (Vancouver BC) , a few HM and a number of 5 and 10K. I wish I had more time to devote to running and posting but work often gets in the way! I'm going to start off the New Year with the Resolution Run 5K in Seattle . I'm sure that joining this group will be fun and a good way to stay motivated and try to train for at least one marathon in 2008 . Thank you for reading my introduction! Francesca
      Hi Francesca: Welcome, there are a lot of people here from the PNW, I live in downtown Seattle. A few of us here are planning on doing the resolution run. Are you doing the trip and dip, or just the run? See you there? Dave
      munchkn883

I have no idea if I have already done this so bear with me. Oncologist nurse told me this morning I was suffering from CRS (Can't Remember Sh*t)! Ran for several years until 2005 when collapsed lung fixed that. I now walk...rather briskly! Just found out my cancer is back for yet a third time. You know, this cancer mess is really getting old! CR Boomers have helped me out so many times I can't even count them. Hopefully we can all get back together again here! Love to all!
        arf

MM #405

****HAPPY HOLIDAYS**** ...to all my old and new buds! Smile I am: ...late to the party as usual...too busy devouring Christmas chocolates Blush ...a 44 year old female who loves to run marathons (30), and ultras...(several 50 K's, a couple of 60 K's, two 50 Milers and one 100 K). Goal for 08 is to finish a 100 miler. ...became a Marathon Maniac one year ago. I am #405, best friends with benefits to # 505. Great to see all yoos guys!! Big grin
            Soon to be 44 year old, former volleyball player, still a volleyball coach and physical education teacher who has been running in some way shape or form since I was 15 or so. I don't race much, have never run a marathon (although seriously contemplating that challenge), but love to run. I teach in an elementary school and I run a 20 week marathon program for my students that tries to get them into healthy habits at an early age.
            Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Enke, I also live on the Eastside (Woodinville), so Mercer Island on 3/9 is already in my plans. I haven't found anything else in Jan and Feb except trail runs on Saturdays which are out of the questions because of work. Dave, I have no guts for the trip and drip, I'll stick to the regular 5K. I'll be easy to spot, I'll be there with my 3 young loud ( that's because they're half Italian!) kids. Also a certain Barefoot runner already known who I am!! JJJ, Thanks for the welcome! Francesca

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Francelina - Is that you from our Dawg Dashes and several Jock'nJill halfers? I'll be breaking up my winter taper and takin' off my shoes for the first time since the Seattle Marathon forthe Resolution Trip/Dip to start the new year. Now lookin' very much forward to seein' you again and gettin' to introduce you to goddesses soundalina, ultra-arf and my buddy divechief too. yippee! come on enkalina and andy!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

my view about my running - MarathonManiac#209 as a skier, climber, etc., even though I don't like running much at all, since a dare with some ski buddies in 1977, it's become an annual challenge to see if I'm in good enough shape to run 26.2 miles on as little training as possible. In fact, training is like cheating to help do it so, e.g. this year's 700 miles included 500 miles of weekend races from 5K - 100k (w/8 marathons and five ultras). As a result, I'm really slow but love realizing I can still do it. ps to divechief - just because I did a 50 miler last year because arf did and 100K after she did this year, her bein' here has nothin' to do with me signin' on too. personal note to dave - please, please do not let her talk me into a hundred miler! Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Just found out my cancer is back for yet a third time. You know, this cancer mess is really getting old!
                    (((munchkn883, I'm so sorry.))) Sending strong healing vibes your way.
                    HappyFeat

New to RunningAhead since losing CoolRunning. Not much time online to contribute to forums, but committed to running. Been at it for over 30 years. I've done some half-marathons, the last one a couple years ago. I LOVE that distance. I love long runs of 10 to 15 miles, but have no interest in the marathon. My mileage has not been what I'd like in the last couple years due to a lot of things, a major one being bucked off a horse and messing up my back, now a chronic issue that sometimes limits my running. I'm very motivated to get my weekly mileage up around 30+ this year though and am sure I can do it; so I'm excited about that. Next goal will be to start building a long run again. So that's where I'm at Smile

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Oh no, Tetsujin is back! He always steals my wimmen. Dark Horse
                        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                        Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hi Jon, It is me , indeed! Looking forward to meeting old and new friends on the First! Francesca
                            In case you're curious--I was--here's our membership as of 12/26/07 around lunch time. Hi, everybody. Smile (Hey, lurkers c'mon out and say "hello"!)
                            Incredible list, Tramps. You are a true organizer. So who's missing? Flyin' Hawaiian aka Laurie, Lswife, Thunderbolter, who else? Should we send out a search party? Munchkin, so very sorry to hear your news. I'll be praying for you. Hi and happy 2008 to all here, old and new. Smile Jem

#artbydmcbride

Where is SkipAZ also? Hi Tetsujin!!! <waving> Wink </waving>

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yay ilene our Intrepid Queen. After bein' behind your same for the first mile in Portland 2006, I just knew that was you. Smile