Masters Running

A bit about yourself (Read 2408 times)

Also mia: Rindaroo and RTravers - come on down!
    bap

Ex-CH Was a Brit but just got my US citizenship but still a Brit Wink Lost 40 pounds between February 2004 and November 2005 when I ran my first marathon. I started running regularly in March 2005 aged 43. I'm now 46. I ran my second marathon 7 weeks later (PR 3:48:52). I also ran Chicago in 2006. After running the Brooklyn Half in March 2006 on a twisted ankle I began a spate of injuries. I DNS'ed in the New York City Marathon in 2007. I'm currently rebuilding my base. I'm up to 26 miles per week. My next race will probably be a 4 miler on February 3. Running history since I stated training for Philly 2005. My easy pace is down to 8:30/mile and I'm hoping to BQ at New York City in November.

Certified Running Coach
      Crocked since 2013

HermosaBoy

OK, so I am a bit slow In getting here. My name is Rob and I am a CR refugee as well. 44 years old and been running since June of 2003 9 marathons so far and still trying to figure out the distance. Most of my time is spent either running, doing stuff with/for my two sons (including running) and playing with my dog (who really likes to run). Do we sense a theme here???

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

ahem......Rob (hermosaboy) lies Tongue .....He is so NOT slow! gladaseeya! grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles
            OK, so I am a bit slow In getting here. My name is Rob and I am a CR refugee as well. 44 years old and been running since June of 2003 9 marathons so far and still trying to figure out the distance. Most of my time is spent either running, doing stuff with/for my two sons (including running) and playing with my dog (who really likes to run). Do we sense a theme here???
            Hey hermosaboy...nice to see you made it here. I ran 6 miles in a blizzard last week and thought about you and your boys. I remember that picture of one of your sons you posted a month or so back over at CR.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            HermosaBoy

Hey hermosaboy...nice to see you made it here. I ran 6 miles in a blizzard last week and thought about you and your boys. I remember that picture of one of your sons you posted a month or so back over at CR.
              Yeah, I have been doing a lot of running in less than stellar conditions. Running a minute slower than normal and HR is up 10 BPM. Angry

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Ohayou Tetsujin!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ohayou daisuki rakuda-chan. arigatou. good luck in your training up to the Los Angeles Marathon. however, please stop at any pain during training runs, no matter how slight and no matter who you're runnin' behind, so you don't have to do a belly DNS.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Manchild

I am Chris from the Vinyud. Originally from Northern Virginia. Started running for real in 1998 but ran off and on thru college and such. I am 51, married with two teenaged kids, son and daughter. I love Boston sports, especially the Bosox and really love Guinness on draught Shocked !! I am a former B&Ber as well but am really excited to enter into this site and all the new to me members here. Tips to those who may want some guidance and don't know what Boomer and Beyond was all about... 1. Spareribs is the MAN. 2. Darkhorse, nuff said, guard your wimmen. 3. Tallrunner, man on a REbound 4. Ileneforward- Bun queen. 5. Tammalina- inquire about Hot Tub. charley OUT
                      Where is SkipAZ also? Hi Tetsujin!!!
                      Ileney, I think he's off hiking in some big ol' canyon...I'll send a search party to go looking for him and drag him here if he doesn't show up soon. Hi Aamos! Hi Tet!
                      TammyinGP

Have I responded to this thread yet? I am not sure and I'm not about to scroll through 11 pages to see if I have . . . especially when I have more important duties - like organizing the hottub parties, which are especially fun on cold winter nights such as this Cool I'm Tammy, former CR boomer where I began posting in May 2006, 6 mos shy of my 40th bday, so I snuck in. I live in So. Oregon (the GP is a clue) and began running in Jan 06, although I had been running for a little over a year when I was 30 and living in Seattle, but then developed ITBS and didn't know forums such as this existed, so rather than seek information from other runners, or from a doc, or from website articles, I just gave up running. When I started up again in Jan 06, I set my eyes on training for a 10 mile race in April, which was too lofty of a goal and ended up getting ITBS again. That's about the time I searched out info on the net and stumbled into the wonderful world of CR and the Boomer forum. It is because of the inspiration, advice and knowledge of so many boomer runners on that forum that I decided I WOULD continue running but go about it from a healthier and smarter approach. After a few mos of PT, Chiro, ART, I began increasing mileage again from 1-2 mile run a few times a week to around 50-60 miles a month (during the fall of 06). This is when I could start running consistently again. 2007 has been my first year of consistent running with a few 100+ mile months in there and a PR at almost every distance up to a HM. I did two of those last year and had a blast - meeting up with quite a few boomers and adding the "reality" factor to these "virtual" friendships I developed. Looking forward to new goals in 2008 and meeting up with more boomers. That's my story in a nutshell . . . guess I'm a nut. Surprised

Tammy

OK - I'm here. - looks like I may be last to wander over. 47 YO Male - CR refugee - Running for 15 years. - Part time bluesman - avid gear head with way too many cars. - Semi-competitive but infrequent racer - still shooting for PRs. I've been running between 80 and 90 miles per week for last few weeks - hoping to go sub 2:40 in Spring marathon if my legs hold up. Ray
                            ohayou daisuki rakuda-chan. arigatou. good luck in your training up to the Los Angeles Marathon. however, please stop at any pain during training runs, no matter how slight and no matter who you're runnin' behind, so you don't have to do a belly DNS.
                            Tetsujin, thank you for the very kind thoughts. I learned a lot from this summer and will not repeat those mistakes. I work with a great personal trainer now who keeps me sane and strong. I am also doing the Galloway method more consistently now. Henrun and Marj, that's great you are doing so well. I like your photo! Best wishes, dromedary p.s. about me: I'm another CR refugee/lurker 44 years old, been running 2 years. have lifelong asthma/heart arrhythmia but I don't let that stop me; I do Galloway method Big grin I'm married to a Boomer-age dude who dabbles in running; no kids but we have a parrot
                              Hi, I don't post often but I've followed the CR Boomers here.
                              Rindaroo

Hi guys! Thought I'd come by & check RA out. I'm Rindaroo - I live in Southern Oregon, relatively new transplant from California, so I'm still getting used to things like snow. I'm 44, have some breathing issues that limit my running, but I'm always trying. I am breathing better in the cold this year, so am hoping that's a good sign for the year to come. I have two kids, one 7 & one 12, and work at a company that filters out all the forums Sad So, my time on the forums is pretty limited these days. Munch - {{{hugs}}}, my thoughts are with you.