Masters Running

Stormy Tuesday, 1.27.15 (Read 39 times)

Jay talks about "eastern New England" as if there were a western New England. How's that possible? Vermont too far west for ya? 

Ahem! I take great offense as a resident of Western New England in Western Massachusetts! There is most certainly a Western New England!!!  And the storm was kind to this part of New England (or relatively speaking too with just a foot of snow).  The eastern part of the New England and the Cape and Islands in particular got clobbered.

Oh, my team name? The WESTERN Mass Distance Project! Yeeeesh Roch! Aamos! Back me up here!

Just weights, core, shoveling and stair climbs today....Work travel was cancelled and I'll try again with a early flight on Thursday

New skirt in town

There is definitely a Western NE, and a Western MA!

The power outages on the Cape and the Islands have been terrible...and now the flooding with the high tide coming in is endangering many homes.  It's been a terrible storm for them.  We had 23 inches in our front yard, and YES!  My DH cleaned it all up!  To be fair, he purchased a new very powerful snowblower in the late Fall that he's been itching to try out.  There was a lot of trial and error in figuring it all out (including several embarrassing episodes of blowing snow back into previously cleared sections!).  Maybe he'll take me through the process with the next storm...

Aaaannnnd now, he's cooking up a rack of lamb for dinner!

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Ahem! I take great offense as a resident of Western New England in Western Massachusetts! There is most certainly a Western New England!!!  And the storm was kind to this part of New England (or relatively speaking too with just a foot of snow).  The eastern part of the New England and the Cape and Islands in particular got clobbered.

Oh, my team name? The WESTERN Mass Distance Project! Yeeeesh Roch! Aamos! Back me up here!

Just weights, core, shoveling and stair climbs today....Work travel was cancelled and I'll try again with a early flight on Thursday

I've heard rumors of civilization outside 495

I got my exercise shovelling the driveway with DW this afternoon.  Seems like we got well over 24", though tough to tell with the drifting.  But the snow seems to have let up at the moment.  Drats, I will probably have to go to work tomorrow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

. . . .(including several embarrassing episodes of blowing snow back into previously cleared sections!).

That sounds like me trying to get used to using The Hub's blower when I work with him at his grounds maintenance jobs.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

In Michigan we just leave the snow on the yard.

There is definitely a Western NE, and a Western MA!

We had 23 inches in our front yard, and YES!  My DH cleaned it all up!  

--RT

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Thanks for asking.

Yes, I rode Stage Four tonight, "Nine Hammers."

The man who creates these videos is a sick, sick individual.  On the other hand, he's made brilliant marketing moves, especially how he's created this silly community around the whole idea.

Here's the Sufferlandrian Ministry of Tourism and Torture's website:

http://www.sufferlandria.com

Mike E

MM #5615

That was funny.

Mariposai

No snow here, but I sure am thinking that those who have a pile of snow must be having a lot of fun in the powder.

7.75 miles tonight with 6 miles at tempo. It felt good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Yes, here too! And the driveway, although we do scrape a trail to the garage and driveway. For now, I'd just gladly share some of our cold with areas that don't seem to have enough. Any takers, Tammy and Amy??

Still feels freakin' cold out there and to think this is an unusually warm winter. sheesh. We were going to go out to our favorite movie place for dinner and a movie, but decided it was just too cold to leave the truck out for a couple hours. So we called in a pizza to take home, and enjoyed that here at home with the truck tucked in the garage. Much better. 7.5 miles tonight with intervals, 5 x 3 minutes at 8:00 pace. Planned on 6 at a slightly faster pace, but just didn't have it in me. Good enough. (Mustang Sally I am not....)

Tramps

Sayhey Hardy Virginian......why not come run the Runners of Reston marathon or half March 29th?

I'm in no shape for the full but the half?  Hmmmmm.....

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

No snow here, but I sure am thinking that those who have a pile of snow must be having a lot of fun in the powder.

7.75 miles tonight with 6 miles at tempo. It felt good.

If you have to shovel 2' of snow, this powder WAS fun (relatively).  I haven't been a skier for many, many years, but I was imagining what it might be like to ski in this.  You just don't see powder like this in the East.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.