Masters Running

It is Super Saturday, folks!! (the 7/23 daily) (Read 465 times)

Mariposai

Lovely sunrise in my neck of the woods with a promise of a warm and bright sunshine day. Alas, no run for me today since I am saving every ounce of energy for tomorrow's race. The light at the end of the tunnel promises to be a fun, wild flowers filled race. The best of all will be seeing my dear RA friends!!!. Divechief and Tetsujin, see you at the start! Enkie, see you at the finish line! PosieSon is sure excited about his second marathon!

Ksrunner, tell your friend we will be looking for him!

Oh, and I heard that there may be a SRLopez sighting too!

Time to drive to Seattle now. My DH and son will be doing some home brewing this afternoon while I go to see a play. I love visiting the big city!!! 

Offline for the weekend! 

Have a fun day, folks...whatever you do, do it with a smile in your heart!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Good luck Posai!  Have fun!!!

Good luck to all who are racing today and tomorrow!

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Oh...I really like chewing wild flowers!! Mom goese to smell them and I bite them! Have fun.

Leslie, are you sure you don't want help with your cats? I can help them run run run.

Dad got ready to go run run run today. I got all rexcited too! He opened the door on the truck and I got in my seat. He made me get out! I was all confused. Then he got the leash out. We went down a road that has no flies that bite us. That was nice. Dad is slow though. I saw some deers in a flield and that was great! Dad never ever lets me get 'em get 'em, so I didn't really try. We went three miles. I kinda just trotted along the old guy to keep him amused. What ever he does, I'm not sure what it's called. I am a runner!!!! As a matter of fact:

I’m the kind of dog that likes to run around.

Where ever there’s critters

You know I will be found.

I chase ‘em 

Wanna get ‘em

To me they’re all the same.

They’re quicker than Dad

He runs like he’s lame

I’m Taggy Butt

I’m Taggy Butt.

I run round and round and round and arroooh!!!

I run up and down the trail.

All Dad sees is my tail.

My life is quite a dream

It’s great with ice cream.

I’m Taggy Butt

I’m no mangy mutt

I run round and round and round and arroooh!!!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

...nothing like

The TaggyButt Song to start off a weekend//////

======

24min poolrun

driving to Ky after work, trailrun when I get home tomorrow.....

.............good running guys.......have a Safe Weekend

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good Morning All,    

7.4 miles of a planned 10 miler cut short by needing to return home for nature call.   1st 6.2 is around a lake across town with DW then 3 full loops and  short loop around the neighborhood for 10 miles.  After 1 loop had to get home.  Roll eyes  so H&H couldn't bring myself to go back out.

Have a good time tomorrow Mariposai! 

Tag you amuse us all...     

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Good luck to our racers tomorrow!!

Love, love, LOVE the Taggy Butt Song.  And Tag, if the cats keep knocking my jigsaw puzzle off the table, I may just take you up on your offer.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

And I thought I was the only nerd that did jigsaw puzzles.

Our furnace (heat) came on this morning.  Just saying.

4 miles, it says 63F on the internet weather site but I think it was warmer.  Very sunny.

Once again I got asked by a pedestrian if I was "ok", when I was taking a rest at the top of a big hill.  Makes me wonder what I look like - red as a beet, but what else?  Horrible grimace?

I saw a snake on a chip wood trail, I surprised it and it started squirming around, freaking out.  The weird thing is, I had a dream about a boa constrictor last night and a) to my recollection I have never dreamt about snakes, b) this is the first alive snake I have seen on a trail.  Still sharpening those ESP skills obviously. Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

And I thought I was the only nerd that did jigsaw puzzles.

We do jigsaw puzzles all winter.  Mostly DD and I, but we set it up on the island in the kitchen, so pretty much every time anyone walks by they get drawn into it, and stop to put a few pieces in.  Usually it takes us a couple weeks to finish one, sometimes longer if they are harder.  We stopped at an estate sale several weeks ago and purchased 4 or 5 puzzles to work on when the weather gets cold.

Good luck tomorrow Mariposai!

5.35 slow and gentle miles for me this morning on the TM.

DH worked today for some overtime and so the kids and I were on our own.  After a stop at Target for nephew's b-day presents, DS's guitar lesson, and lunch at Chic Fi Lay, the kids and I went on a marathon shopping trip at Wal-Mart, for school supplies, mostly, but also a few other necessities.  Somehow we managed to spend $174...talk about getting a shock at the checkout.  I don't think I've ever spent that much at Wal-Mart, how the heck did we do that?  Seems like everything we got was stuff that we needed, though.....

I told DH when he got home that we were really happy he worked that overtime because we already spent the money he earned.......Undecided

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I didn't get to post yesterday in response to your post, fatozzig, but I sure wish we could all see you in person for a real hug and face to face support. You and Shorty continue to be in my thoughts.

Steve, yesterday I thought of you.  I saw a black Mustang convertible with bright yellow trim and a big Batman symbol on the hood.

Ilene, nice long run.

This morning, I got up at 4:00 and was out the door by about 5:00 so I could get in 4 miles before my wife dragged me to an antique fair in Dave's neighborhood. 

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I "ran" 15 miles this morning.  But I felt old and slow and it took all I had to finish this one off.  I think a cutback week is in order.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

OrangeMat

MM #6177

But at least you ran, Byll.

I walked 6.3 miles today with my walking team, finally making the effort to get up early and drive the half hour to the meeting point at 7:30am as scheduled. It took us 2 hours to cover that distance. I'm seriously going bonkers here.

{{{{{Leslie}}}}}

TammyinGP

Leslie - thanks so much for having the trust and confidence in this group to share what has been going on in your life. I wish I could do something to help you out. But as others have said, he can't undo what's been done, but he can face it, own up to up, take his punishment and determine if the ending will be good or bad. Sounds like he's choosing the "good way" to deal with this all. And you can't control how others around you are going to act towards you, what they might say, etc. but what you do have control over is how YOU are going to hold your head high and know that even though this was Shorty's mistake, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

had a fun day rafting yesterday. Upper 80's so a perfect day to be out on the water. The Rogue was still quite cold though and running high, so we zipped along fairly quickly. No run for me today. After being woke up at 5:50 by B&B, then went back to sleep about an hour later, so I did too. Being out on the river and then having 2 beers (yes, that's alot for me!) wore me out I guess. I'll get in a longish run tomorrow though.

Tammy

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good luck Posie and the rest running the marathon tomorrow!

Thanks Leslie for your very clear post yesterday. I bet that felt good to get out!  We're here for ya you know.

Worst 10 K today... not the running, but the race itself

Almost 9 am start to the 10K (8:30 published start time) so it was 80 and drippy humid.  What a totally screwed up event that was.  First, they had blue bibs for 10K and white for 5K... evidently they didn't tell the race day registration that.  So at the late start the RD confirms everybody has blue bibs... not!  So he takes numbers of white bibs and writes them down.  All set.. go..Mile 1 comes up at 0.96 by Garmin.. others were screwy too.  Then at the end there were all these turns with no one there and these little signs like "walkers/5K/10K" and an arrow.  There was a group of 3 runners ahead of me and out of sight and I had passed 4th place by mile 3 so I was all alone. On the way in I saw one that said "walkers/5K/10K" (10K looked like it was scratched out? WTH? Another sign clearly said 10K with an arrow. I hit the chute, got a good picture and stopped the Garmin,  Then I look at the final time 47:02 WTH?  but 5.6 miles WTH?  Ok one 10K I ran years ago I missed a turn and ran .4 miles more so if I ran .5 miles less here, then we're even.

This event was a race/walk tied to a big event for organ donation. So after the race they spent an hour praising organ donors.  Finally, at 10:30 they get to the race awards for man and women winners in 5K and 10K only. Only one winner hung around that long....or did they.  Then they post results.  It showed 4 runners ahead of me and the real winner (who hund around for awards) was upset becasue they used a slow 5K guy's time as the winner of the 10K! 

And get this.... timing was done by Hanson-Brooks Running!   What a fiasco!

oh... Official results: 5th OA, 1st AG 0-19  (so I won my Age... getting younger!)  They said ignore that because I think they forgot age/birth date on the race day registration form... or I did.  But there were alot of 0-19 runners :-)

I want all my $25 to go to the organ donar event!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Avenger Doggie - love the taggy butt song!!

Thanks Posai - have a great race tomorrow - love this "Have a fun day, folks...whatever you do, do it with a smile in your heart!"

LOL @ Perch - that sounds like a race director's fiasco!!

Bill - 15 miles is a lot of miles and i bet you didnt look "old and slow"

((OM)) hang in there - at least you can walk that many miles!!  praying for a healthy recovery for you!

I did my longest run in what felt like eons today ... 9 miles with some friends from my running group and despite the walking breaks we still did it in 1:36:58 - I was very pleased with that effort!!  The hosted runs are always a lot of fun and you can always find someone or a few people wanting to run the same pace/distance.  I was only planning on 6-7 but the friends I ran with kept the pace easy and I was comfortable going longer.

Sunday - Old Orchard Beach here we come!!!!

denise

Hey All!  In Virginia now (but just barely).  Had a nice trail run this morning on of the Appalachian Trail portion of the JFK 50 Miler course (practice for Nov).  A great run except for the king snake that I nearly stepped on.  (I am terrified of snakes BTW.)  Did a 5.83 mile section (then back) from Gathland State Park to the top of Weverton Cliffs.  And I only fell once! Met and ran several miles with a really nice ultra-runner gal (and mother of six) whose ultra races put me to shame.  She only picks hard ones!  Neither the snake nor the post-run wasp sting in the parking lot deterred me from calling this run a great success. 

Here is the post run photo ( hope) - after the towel off & clothes change & just after the wasp got me.

SkipAZ post trail run on the AT

Good luck to Posie!

Perch congrats on your AG win - and you are now too young to post here - sorry buddy.

Byll - you have earned that cutback week - enjoy!

Tomorrow I get to trail run with Triple J whom some of you know.

Enjoy the gift friends!

Skip