Masters Running

Father's Day runs, the 19th of June (Read 656 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there! My dad has been gone for almost 16 years now, but he lives on in my heart each and every day. He was a loving and patient man who loved babies and puppies...that is why my kennel is named after him, he would have loved our litters so much. I better get ready to run...so as dad would say...."see ya later alligator"........

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Every one must be enjoying the day! 8 miles for me this morning..... Double digits just weren't in me today.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

HAPPY DAD'S DAY to Dad's of 2-legged and 4-legged creatures.

Mary - Good job on the miles this weekend.  Bye to another puppy. Sad

Holly - Big grin  re your comment yesterday.  Kinda mirrored my prayers last night. Smile

I have nothing but transcription on my plate today.  I probably should do a stationary bike ride at some point, but we'll see.  Yesterday I used my Blowflex for the first time in a long time.  Holy cow!  My upper back is just a tad stiff and sore.  Guess I need to throw that in the mix more often.

Okay, off to wrangle up some bfast since it doesn't look like anybody else is gonna do it for me.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Okay, off to wrangle up some bfast since it doesn't look like anybody else is gonna do it for me.

Hey!  I could make you an omlette!  Oh...you wouldn't be here to eat it...so I guess I'd have to eat it.  Hey!  I think I'll go make you an omlette!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I'm hungry too!

After my run I did make a PBJ sandwich on a picnic table next to the lake I ran around. Very pretty setting but a bit lonely for father's day.

The run was awesome. An intentional progression run. It always amazes me how the slower early part feels so much worse than the latter faster parts.  Like the Tin Man on OZ, after a little oiling of the joints..

Nice sunny day. Ran 2 laps of the lake for 13 miles in 1:52:08  (8:38 pace)
            The Progression style was like this:
            9:21, 9:17, 9:05, 9:02, 8:56, 8:47, 8:37, 8:30, 8:08, 8:11, 8:21 (good headwind and a bit uphill), 7:54, 7:55

First 60 mile week since Feb (on purpose as I ramp up for the Detroit Marathon in October)

This is part of the route but there really is a bike path there:

Stoney Creek Metro Park Running route

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mike E

MM #5615

Very nice run, today, Perch!  You are really setting yourself up for a great marathon in October!  I wish I had known you were hungry, I could have made an omlette for you, too.  It's probably for the best, though...after eating Leslie's, I was pretty full.

Gotta go mow the lawn...yeah--on Fathers' Day!

HAPPY DAD'S DAY to Dad's of 2-legged and 4-legged creatures.

...with my canes I could qualify for both categories.......

======

RANT ON//////

except

for the FathersDay

a decade ago when I AND TWO DRUNKS

were out at TheTrack for 2-hours in 90-degree weather (they finally gave up and left)

this

has been the worst one.

4 1/2  hours after work switching over NewComputer AND NewComputerProgram....which didn't work correctly

20-min cane run on mud today

followed by

2 1/2 hours in closed drugstore trying to call the DumAss Who's Supposed to make NewProgramWork*

followed by

ANOTHER 1 1/2 at closed store WITH DumAss WSMNPW*

and it finally did (sigh)

RANT OFF//////

I choose

to believe

they picked FATHERSDAY

because they have no children

and therefore will not be able to reproduce

Which I take some comfort in Knowing

but the

CaneRun

was nice.

............................good running guys..................I get a Do-Over on the FarthersDay Bit this year....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I wish I had known you were hungry, I could have made an omlette for you, too.  It's probably for the best, though...after eating Leslie's, I was pretty full.

But you suffered through it.  What a champ!

Nice run, Perch!  Looks like a real ugly place to run, though. Wink

Coffee, toastedbagel w/my breakfast egg salad, and fruit.  Showered and cleaned up, sprinkler going outside on a bee-U-tiful day - - - and I'm knuckling down to transcription.  *sigh* It better be nice next weekend . . . .

MTA: {{{TomW!!!}  (we were posting at the same time)

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Glad you get a Father's Day do-over, tomwhite. Life is too short to spend that much time with a DA.

Nice run, Steve! Helps fill the Father's Day void a bit, I guess. Looks like you have some nice running areas where you are. 

Mary, that was so funny about the puppies going downstairs. Guess I hadn't thought about that... ours just figured it out eventually. 

{{Leslie}} You handled that situation well. Nothing tragic about getting the help that's needed. It's a sign of strength and courage that many people don't have. And it's very cool to hear you're getting off the crutches! Progress, even in small bites, is a good thing.

Twocat... don't push it, dude. It'll come. I remember after I sprained my ankle (not as bad as yours) on my last long training run for Equinox in 2006. It had been a year of one injury after another, and it was so frustrating! After that race (my PW btw, for a marathon with walking the entire second half), I took a couple months mostly off and was introduced to pool running. Best thing that could've happened to me as 2007 was a most excellent year!

Happy taper to Mariposai! Can't wait to hear about your race with your son next week!

Wasn't Grandma's yesterday? I missed any Tamster news...

We drove back from Anchorage yesterday, a little later than planned, and got into town just a half hour before the start of the Midnight Sun Run 10k. A quick change, then DH drove me to the start up on campus. I didn't think I'd do that great this year so didn't bother lining up near the front. This is a huge race for this town, and there are well over 1,000 participants complete with costume contests and everything. Quite an event! Start time is 10 p.m. and the sun was shining brightly, temps in the upper 60's (it was 70 when we left our house). The start is with a big gun from the army base (can't recall the type.... howitzer?) and off we go. Course is flat and fast. I felt great, couldn't believe it after a long run in Anchorage earlier and almost 6 hours in the car. Kept a strong pace of pretty consistent 7:20's and ended up around 46 minutes. Final results aren't up, but my Garmin said 46:03.

Today is a gorgeous day, and the first weekend day I've been at home all month! I'll spend most of it cleaning up around here (amazing what two teenage boys can do to the house, even when they're trying to keep it clean/picked up!) and in the garden. 

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Marathon Maniac #957

..............I get a Do-Over on the FarthersDay Bit this year....

{{{hugs}}} Go ahead and take your do-over, Tom.  You can have any day next week.   Smile

Erika - you are amazing!

17 miles for me this morning in a sticky mid-70's run along the river.

Various errands, short nap, and off now to fix dinner and bake some of those Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever......

Happy Father's Day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

HermosaBoy

14 leisurely miles total for me today.  Legs feel pretty good.

Happy father's day to all the daddies out there...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Erika... 2nd best 10K the same day as a really decent marathon?  What is the secret??? (not to mention the 3 marathons in 3 weeks!)

Where's that bowing smily icon??

Wonderful accomplishment!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

wildchild

Carolyn

Course is flat and fast. I felt great, couldn't believe it after a long run in Anchorage earlier and almost 6 hours in the car. Kept a strong pace of pretty consistent 7:20's and ended up around 46 minutes. Final results aren't up, but my Garmin said 46:03.

Okay, I checked your log, and the "long run in Anchorage earlier"  was a MARATHON!  And your third marathon in 3 weeks!  And then you ran a fast 10k at 10pm!  YOWZA - what a maniac!  Congrats! 

5.3 IRC miles around the neighborhood with the dogs, 52° and light rain. That makes this my first 40+ mile week ever, but only because I did last weekend's long run on Monday instead of Sunday.  Everything's feeling great and I'm ready for my half marathon next Saturday.

The national weather service has a winter weather advisory posted for the Colorado mountains tonight - up to 4" of snow predicted.  Hope the snow line stays higher than us.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Cool

I forgot to send butterfly hugs to Leslie and to OrangeMat as well

Perch, how far are you from DG and dAAve?

I can't wait to read the RR from Ragnar and Tamster.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai

So, Erika just keeps running faster  10k after 3 marathons in three weeks (now the beans are spilled Wink). I was hard for me not to say a think about your June plan. Big grin. You are amazing!!!!

Happy father's day to all the fathers here. May all us cherish the memories of our fathers (alive or in the celestial heavens). Father's day is not until June 21 back home, so I can't wait to have a phone date with my papa on Tuesday. 

My DS#2 made a delicious branch for his dad and AND cleaned up DH's work bench  and his tools area for him Surprised as his father's day present. I tell you...we are still speechless that he undertook the work after we went to bed last night. Just amazing!

lamerunner, I am running the Seattle Rock and Roll marathon (well, it is more like a run/dance/walkathon) with my 22 year old son. This was his Christmas present to me. I am really, really looking forward making this memory with him. 

Off to play in the dirt. for a little while. Then it will be time to cook dinner for the father in the house. As it is our family tradition the person being honored has the opportunity to choose the meal they want by choosing the country of their choice. Russian dinner is tonight, I guess.

A short runner is planned when it gets hotter. I am determine to prepare myself to run better in the heat.

Perch, it seems like you already found some great running routes.

I still need to make a trip to the fabric store. I still have some "cheerleading" outfit to sew for twocat!Cool BTW, I am so very proud of Mrs. Twocat for sticking to her running plan yesterday. She is going to do so well next Weekend!

How is Mrs. Tramps doing with tri training? 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard