Masters Running

Thursday June 16 Runs, Etc. (Read 448 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I worked an hour late yesterday so I could stay for a software webinar and I'm going in an hour early today so I can sit in on a client conference with the boss....I'm having a lot of work-related dreams lately...Joking

No run today, just 45 minutes of P90X Shoulders ard Arms.

Happy Thursday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

No run yesterday, 5k this PM in beautiful downtime Clio, my home town, mile 1 marker is in-laws driveway.  I cannot get lost in the 1st mile anyways.

Run well all.

Holly; sounds like you are putting in as many hour as me this week. Now I am working Sunday this week, will total 76 this week.

Eldest DS is in Malibu this week speaking at Pepperdine, at some kind of lectureship.  Hopefully this pans out into some kind of job in future so he can make a reasonable living.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning!I'm heading in early too.

GL on the 5K Derrick

8 miles with strides in 1:09:29 (8:41, AHR 153) Nice 62 this morrning.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Dave59

I'm heading to Jlynne territory tomorrow to see my daughter.  I took off work tomorrow and Monday.  People are trying to squeeze 3-days of work into today so I don't know if I'll fit in a run or workout.  Should have gone first thing but I just sat down and started working.  I wanted to make sure that certain things I promised would be done.

I am dressed to go running should one of my meetings end early or get canceled.  One of the great benefits of working from home. 

Tramps

Folks seem on the move this morning. 

Easy 11 for me, which didn't seem to take that long because I slept through the first 6 miles Roll eyes

Happy to see the Bruins take one after all these years.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

I said good bye to two more puppies last night and then started sewing while sipping wine.   I finished a purse I was making at about 10 p.m., then had a little something to eat and crashed.   With DH gone, Hailey comfortably takes his spot on the bed.   No run this morning, but I plan on getting out there tomorrow.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

HermosaBoy

Morning all -- 4.4 post rain HUMID miles with Miss Rosie.  Leaving for Duluth later today for Grandma's marathon weekend.  The boys and I are doing the half as more of a workout (start easy and then gradually pick it up the whole way).  My girlfriend has never been to Duluth, so we are doing some siteseeing tomorrow.

Should be a fun weekend!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Just 3 miles this morning, but I'm starting to get my strength back, so I'm pleased. Splits were 9:39, 9:21 and 9:09, more like how my body functioned pre-op. But yes, Ribs, I'd still run with you. Wink

Mariposai

It is always so cool to read about the hermosaboys races! Have fun!

Sending butterfly hugs to Erika. That girl must be exhausted from all her travels.

Intentional rest day for me today. My schedule is too full to fit in a run. Off to work, then tonight I am scheduled to be the motivational speaker at a small high school graduation. Still working on my speech!  Roll eyes

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

06/16 marathon derrick - The dalmation 5k, Clio

06/17 & 18 Breger1- Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay

06/17 & 18 dg. - Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay

06/17 & 18 CNYrunner - Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay

06/17 & 18 Opie -  Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay, Utah

06/17 & 18 egret - Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay, UT

06/17 & 18 Econo - Wasatch back Ragnar Relay, UT

06/18 TammyinGP - Grandma's Marathon, Duluth, MN

06/18 evanflein - Midnight Sun Run 10k

06/18 hermosas boys - Garry Bjorklund half marathon

06/18 Dove - Vashon Island 50k, Vashon Island WA

06/19 Daddyo - 50K, Niagara on the Lake, ON

Wow--there's a lot of distance being run in the next few days!  Good luck to everybody!  You relayers have fun!  I hope to see Tammy and the hermosas boys at Grandma's.

OM, I'm glad to hear you are getting in some runs that feel like pre-op.  Also, congrats on your good start at the running store.  mari, if we were close, I'd give you some asparagus.  We have a nice patch in our garden that my wife has been nurturing for almost 30 years.  We eat asparagus almost every day from mid May to early July.  We frequently give some to neighbors or friends as we can't keep up with the rate of growth.  It's good we really like asparagus.

Nice long runs for perch and Tramps.

This morning, it was in the low 60s and there was a light wind.  I got in 10 miles in about 1:44:30 for a 10:27 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

evanflein

Thanks, Mariposai! I could use the hugs. Just gotta keep the ol' bod going a bit more, ya know? Got in last night and did laundry to try to catch up on the piles before we leave again on Friday. Looking forward to a road trip with DH again. We've been having so much fun this month, it's easy to forget about feeling tired. I'm back at work today, first day in my chair since June 1st, and only day here this week. We've got spotty rain showers all over today so I'll RAW a few miles.

Have fun at the relay all you Wasatch runners! Those ragnar relays are a blast.

Good luck to Tammy and Rob at Grandma's! Hope the weather cooperates and isn't too hot this weekend.

Holly, sounds like you're settling in so well at your new job! I just knew you'd flourish there.

"Summer" in the PNW - wake up to 50F and go running in 55F.  At one point during my run, I was thinking how the ambiance of the cold dampness on my skin just felt so familiar, then I remembered, oh yeah, I feel like I am running in 55F in fall, winter or spring!  deja vu.  Not complaining, it is just weird to have no seasonal cues.

3.75 mountain miles.  I started heading up Wilderness Peak then thought better of it since I wouldn't be able to run down it anyway.

Good Luck racers!

MTA - I am jealous of this wild asparagus.  I know there is lots at the farmer's market here so it must grow ok here.  How do I go about developing a patch of it?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

It's 2:45 and I'm just now able to poke my nose in here, briefly.

Holly - So glad the job seems to be going well.

OM - You're making wonderful progress!

GOOD LUCK TO OUR WEEKEND RACERS!!

Pool run for me tonight, then dinner at Karen's.  Was up 'til about 10:30 last night doing transcription.  I still have a ton left, and a possibility of getting even more for an upcoming murder trial.  I swear, besides working out and going to the pool twice a week, all I do is go to work in the a.m. then go home and work all evening.  Not complaining 'cause we definitely need the extra income right now, but I'm starting to bore myself. Roll eyes

The Hub called last night.  He wants to stay at rehab another month if they'll let him (If there's room.  It's a small facility with only 20 beds).  Says he's on Step #4, with which he's having a hard time.  He finally admitted he's nervous about being home alone all day.  I don't think he trusts himself.  Although it would be nice to have him home, I had to admit I'm nervous about him coming home, as well.  If he thinks an extra month will help solidify his sobriety, more power to him.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Wow only 13 posts today (I think I got the count right)!  Where is everybody?  Me?  I am on the DL so I got an excuse.  What is everybody else's?

tselbs you always next day mail some of the surplus to me!  We have fresh asparagus around here at the farmer's markets but they charge an arm and a leg.

DW went off for a 5 mile run this evening.  So her training for a HM later this month seems to be going well.  I did some time on the elliptical and then the TM.  I am still hoping to start running again "any day now."  Next week I have a quick trip to Santa Fe (arrive late Monday afternoon and leave Wednesday at the crack of dawn).  At the very least I hope to be well enough to run out there.  A run is one of my favorite ways to see a place and it has been a long time since I was able to do that.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/