Masters Running

Monday June 20th runs (or not) (Read 563 times)

Karin - It sounds like you all had a blast.  Fun, fun, fun!

If someone has a link to all these FB pics that have been talked about, can you post it here?  I'm an idiot when it comes to FB, so trying to find them myself would probably send me over the edge in one fashion or 'nother.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

From Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay 2011

In case anyone wondered why a Flatlander at sea level would choose to run a Relay at Altitude in the Mountains ...

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

evanflein

Is that Dg hiding in the back?? Roll eyes

I think there are a few eyelashes of dg poking out, she may want to photoshop those out....Joking

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

...but you can't see the cigarette in Bill's left hand. ha! 

My dentist would be so proud!

Ran another 3 mile with the kiddo once he got home from school. His summer x-country training schedule is underway and looks like I'll have a partner for doubles on some days. Cool! 9 miles on the day and all is fine.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Is that Dg hiding in the back?? Roll eyes

Someone is channeling Wilson from "Home Improvement". Big grin

OM.  Big grin

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I just walked the dogs 2 miles & that was enough.  At lunch I went to yoga as usual for a Monday.  I usually love to go but I wasn't so sure & DW encouraged me because she thought it would help the achiness.  We shall see.

I'm so grateful that I didn't get injured or reinjured at the relay.  It didn't take a yoga class to figure that out.  I knew it the minute I finished running and what a blast I had!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, Happy Anniversary!  If my DH ever bought me a dozen roses I'd be seriously worried... after 29 years he's never done that.   I read him your post and he said now he'd buy me roses sometime just to mess with me...

6 miles RAW, 59 minutes, nice run.

Love the Ragnar picture.  Need to see more!  Hey, if anyone's gonna put together a relay team for slow folks I'd love to do one!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Love the Ragnar picture.  Need to see more!  Hey, if anyone's gonna put together a relay team for slow folks I'd love to do one!

Yes, I will, do you want to be my co-captain? Big grin

1 hour, about 3 miles of uphill walking with my DH...(see Ribs...he is doing to well to harness my energy Big grin)

The hues of purple and blue in the horizon created by the sunset made the walking very, very enjoyable!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

1.6 miles on tm today at work, and about 1.4 hours of lifting this evening, very heavy squats, 225 for a duece.  Legs are tired from my Sunday long run, 8.5 my longest in almost a year.  Son made it home from CA, no jobs yet but some good interviews while he was there. 

I own a little rental home in Flint, the murder capital of the world, It is in a nice part of town , my  son lives about a 1/4 mile away from it.  Well we did have a murder on the same block as my rental Friday night.  He was a prominent civil rights attorney, there in Flint.  Most of my neighbors are retired Dr.s and lawyers so it is a well kept area here in Flint.  It is also part of the area where the CRIM training groups do their Tuesday night group runs. So this murder was quite a shock.  No motive has been given at this time, but its been speculated disgruntled client.

CNYrunner- I am wings fan, but I do cheer for the Bruins as well.  Tim Thomas, his dad Tim and Uncle Bill played softball, in a league against me a nunber of years ago.  They used to call me Mickey Rivers, because I would limp to the plate and then run like the wind when I hit the ball.

We used to go watch him play in the minors, Detroit Vipers, after he got through college.  So go Bruins!!!!

SteveP

Holy Flying Hermosas!

Nice RR ribs

Way to go Holly's DH!! Holly, you are a top notch person who deserves top notch treatment.

I have no idea where all the work around the house came from. DD#3 came out and relieved me from lawn mowing. Avenger Dogie and I played "Gimmie That Damn Stick". I was still in work cloths, but did change into shoes. I threw it into the bushes and it landed at the base of a pine tree. He picked it up, then dropped it. He tried jumping up into the tree. He does come by some of his behavior honestly. He walked over to a good sized puddle (Lake Michelle) in the gravel drive way, took a drink, then laid down in it. Before DW could see, Tag was on a leash and we off to a nearby creek. After he rinsed off, we went for a two mile run so he could dry off. His evening ended poorly, however. DW saw many muddy prints around the puddle and drew conclusions. The poor fella had a bath.

SteveP

CNYrunner- I am wings fan, but I do cheer for the Bruins as well.  Tim Thomas, his dad Tim and Uncle Bill played softball, in a league against me a nunber of years ago.  They used to call me Mickey Rivers, because I would limp to the plate and then run like the wind when I hit the ball.

We used to go watch him play in the minors, Detroit Vipers, after he got through college.  So go Bruins!!!!

We are original six fans, so if the Flyers had been in there instead of the Bruins, the Go red Wings cheers would have been loud at our house (MIL's family mostly from Michigan too). Cool about Tim Thomas. We looked up his hometown to see if it's on the way to fetch Hudson at hopeful4ever's place! The kiddo is a happy hockey player (and sometimes runner) these days!

HermosaBoy

7.7 miles of fartlek including a 2 plus mile cool down in my vibrams.

This humidity is making me work harder than I should.  I guess we are never happy with the weather...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

The photos on this day were so great, I went back to enjoy them one more time.  Also, I watched the puppies learn to come down the stairs. Breger did have a fine day, did he not?  , and the Hermosas look fantastic!