Masters Running

Perch's First Boston Marathon RR (Read 476 times)

Awesome job, Perch! Thanks for sharing a greta RR. Congrats on a super race and your BQ!! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

HermosaBoy

Great race Perch!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Hope the wait made it sweeter---and you know, the weather was soooooo much better this year! I am so so so so so happy for you, and so truly glad I got to see you Sunday morning, except it was too brief. See you there next year? grins, A
        Masters 2000 miles
          It was surely a pleasure to finnaly meet in person, hope we can get together again.....probably Boston, 2009....yeah!!!! Our Bus driver got lost in 2006 (my first Boston), we wondered if we would ever get to the Village. Your race was awesome especially in the heat.... I believe it got much hotter after Heartbreak that the weatherman predicted. It just doesn't get any better than running Boston... Good luck with your future training....

Manchild

Great race indeed, Perch! I stood at Kenmore following the game with my son looking forlornely for anyone i might know, what an amazing event! Congrats, Chris
            SteveP

What an energetic RR!! Thanks for sharing.

SteveP

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Perch - it was great meeting you at L&H's party on Saturday. Hope the PBJsters didn't bother you too much. I could tell by the smile on your face that Boston was a dream come true for you! You ran a fantastic race, and made all the Boomers proud. Rest, recover, and plan for your next one!

King of PhotoShop

I'm really excited for you Steve. You went through more than most people could have endured and never quit. I also learned a lot from you with my own injury problems and although you worked hard to recover you never complained. Terrific race by you and even more in the tank I imagine. The next ones will be a snap compared to the past two years. Congrats. Spareribs
                    Steve - it was so great to see you again and share our first Boston together. I'm glad my handwriting was legible on your left arm -- it would have been too bad if people were yelling "TONY"!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hey Steve - I'm so happy you had a great race and have requalified. That's a big deal on that course. I swear you were grinning the entire weekend - what a thrill, huh?

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Marathon Maniac #957

Perch - excellent job! You worked hard for this and I'm so glad you did well. It was wonderful to meet you and thank you so much, btw, for sitting with me on the shuttle ride and helping to distract me from my nervousness. Great racing!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Nice goin' Perch, and what a fun report to read. Congratulations on another BQ!
                          Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                            perch, congrats on a great race, a great report, and a BQ at Boston. Thanks for taking us along with you and sharing your thoughts and experiences. TomS
                            Mariposai

Your exemplary training really payed off beautifully Perch. Congratulations on a well ran race and another BQ. I somehow thought you would take Tory with your in this Magical Healing adventure.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

You worked hard for this, you had a plan, and you performed brilliantly. Congratulations. Too bad the Magic had to end so soon. It was nice to see you and share some of it with you. Have a great year.