Masters Running

Weekly Weigh-In Ending 09/07/2014 (Read 15 times)

BlazinCajun

This is the place to commit to and encourage others in support of their weigh loss/gain goals. We all are going through fitness of various cycles which are directly related to phase of training, life's commitments, injury, and just starting the running thing. All are welcome to sign up for this ongoing thread. Just state your weight goal and once a week status. Some folks are already where they want to be and are just trying to maintain. Try to  be consistent when you conduct your weekly weigh-in. Any day of the week is fine - some folks use a particular scale. Have a burning calorie week. Andrew

Last Week: Weekly Weigh-In 08/31/2014 - Last week must have had something to do with the celestial heavens - seems many of us have put on some weight. Congrats to those trying to stay fit and moderate their weight - CHEERS!

Name

Goal Weight lbs. (date)  

Weekly loss/gain 

Total

over/under 

Awards/Demerits

BlazinCajun -9.0 (08/17)  +1.0 -1.0  Oh No!
    BTY -8.2 (08/17)  +2.0 +2.0

Realized Goal

C-R -6.0 (08/24)  +1.0  +1.0  Travel
    dg. -7.0 (08/24  0.0  0.0 Holding Steady
    fatozzig  0.0 (08/17)  +3.0 +3.0  Still in your zone
    icom100 -20.0 (08/24    0.0 Out of Service
    Holly S. -5.0 (08/17)  -1.0 - 1.0  Most weight Lost
    Ileneforward -7.0 (08/17)  0.0 0.0 Holding Steady
    KellyDodge -14 (08/17)  +3.0 +1.0 Things Happen

Tip of the Week-Avoid Liquid Calories

A sugar-packed soda won't make you feel as full as a piece of fruit will. With the exception of milk, liquid calories don't cause your body to register a sense of fullness; as a result, you stay hungrier, consume more calories than you need, and gain more weight.

Andrew
    ------------------
    God, my Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
    and enables me to go upon the heights.
    Hb 3:19

BlazinCajun

To make things more consistent I propose a change in how each of us weighs in during the week (be consistent). Obviously, we each stated that we have a certain goal that we want to attain and since we all don't list our current weight I propose that we list as follows:

1) Our weekly loss/gain weight

2) Status towards the goal weight - Total over/under

Example:

Blazin lost 1.5 pounds during the week - that would be listed as -1.5 lbs.

Total over/under would be -1.5 lbs under and when this number equals your goal weight then Hu Ray!

I get confused easily - cheers

Andrew
      ------------------

Marathon Maniac #957

Blazin - that sounds good.  I will check in tomorrow, since I like to weigh on Thursdays (although I don't feel confident about this week's weigh-in).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

I know I gummed up the works by changing my goal weight 2 weeks in. Do what works for you, threadmaster.

My wight this morning was the same as last week. Still within acceptable range.

Marathon Maniac #957

1.  Weekly gain/loss:  (0)  I stayed the same this week.

2.  Total over/under:  (-1)

Of course, I am sort of tapering this week, so I will blame less running on my lack of weight loss.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BlazinCajun

Brian - you did not gum up the works. New projects usually take some time to get the kinks out. Just hang in there and continue to work at it and good things will happen. I know it!

Holly - congrats on no weight gained during taper.

Weighed in this morning

Weekly: -0.5 lbs

Total: -1.5 lbs.

Andrew
              ------------------

I forgot to post yesterday.

Goal Weight: 140-143

Weigh In: 142.5

Stayin' in the zone.

Although I'm feeling very fat today.  . . . . maybe it's the control top underthingee's I'm wearing to avoid unsightly panty lines.

I LOVE milk after a long run.  After my really long runs on Saturdays, I usually get in a state of wanting to drink the entire gallon, but I know I would probably explode.  If I became lactose intolerant, it would be a serious life crisis.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

ileneforward  -1.5 lbs.       

Runners run

Just a dude.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...