Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 3/8/09 (Read 648 times)

evanflein

Welcome, Tony! You've had a few weeks over 50 I see (just a little log stalking goin' on), are you training for anything in particular? Feel free to stop in at the daily thread and tell us a little more about yourself. Yes, we really are that nosy. Smile
      Welcome, Tony! You've had a few weeks over 50 I see (just a little log stalking goin' on), are you training for anything in particular? Feel free to stop in at the daily thread and tell us a little more about yourself. Yes, we really are that nosy. Smile
      Heh! Log stalking is pretty much the norm isn't it? Big grin Thanks for the welcome! I have a half marathon on 3/14 (Tom King in Nashville, TN), then in late April the Country Music Marathon. I'll look for the thread you're talking about.
      pfriese

Another free pass needed. The good news is I get to run this week. M - 0 miles T - 0 miles W - 0 miles Th - 0 miles F - 1 mile running - done Sa - 2 miles running - done Su - 3 mies running - done __________________________ Total - 6 miles running - Done Paul
        HermosaBoy

Back in the game even though I had three missed days of running (appointment to get my hamstring worked on, going away dinner for KeeMan's trip to England and a work conflict). Still was able to squeeze in 44.4 miles for the week. Big grin Looking to be mid 60s to 70s this week.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

A cameo appearance by a former regular member of this 40/40 club: Mon: 7.0 miles on the treadmill at a slow 6.15 mph Wed: 7.1 miles on the treadmill at a slow 6.1 mph Fri: 7.0 miles on the treadmill at a slow 6.2 mph Sun: 20.15 miles at an easy 9:14 min/mile pace. Avg HR 137 Total: 41.25 miles Bill PS: Cross-training - Skied hard last Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

51.23 BF miles for me this past week. Have a great week ya'll! http://www.barefootrunner.org/09weeklymileage/weekending3-8-09.htm
              Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
                http://barefootrunner.org

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Holly.. HIgh mileage + 10K race week (bad combo) Mon - 6 mi GA (6.0 mi at 8:44 with 2 at 8:25 and 2 at 8:01) Tue - 15 mi hills MP (13.8 mi hills at 8:09 with 4 hill repeats up and down) Wed - 13 mi m-LR (13.8 mi of hills in 16° at 8:57) Thu - 6 mi recovery (4 mi at 9:22) Fri - 4 mi recovery w/ 1 mi RP ( 4 mi incl 1 mile at 7:05) Sat - 8 mi incl 10K race (8.1 mi incl 10K PR 46:07 .. in 60°'s) Sun 18 mi LR (17 mi at 8:44 pace) Total: 68.4 Actual 66.3 miles but... right hip adductor is now sore... grrrr

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova