Masters Running

Melting an old man's heart (Read 511 times)

Renee the dog

Ahhhh! There might be moments when you might regret it, but overall, you will never regret this! Dogs add a great rhythm to one's life, IMHO. Good decision!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Awwwww, just when I had pigeon-holed you as an incorrigible curmudgeon....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

What hally said, only post said peeksure here, please!
        Masters 2000 miles

#artbydmcbride

What do you know!!! Big grin That is so great! Hudson is going to go crazy! Smile

Runners run

sooooooooooo sweet!! definitely brought tears to my eyes ----wishing many happy years and memories for the boy(s) and his dog!! Smile

denise

Geez - you sound like my old man... Hated dogs until we got a very smart Golden Retriever who wouldn't leave his side and became his constant companion. Sounds like a great dog.... I have a English Shepard (similar to Border Collie) which I believe is in the same family as Sheltie.... This dog has more brains, style and nobility than most of the people I know. Ray
              seemomgo

You aren't such a curmudgeon after all! Oh, my heart is filling up with happiness for your son! He will remember the day he got his 1st dog forever!!! He will love you for this in a way that words can't express! The SeeGo family thinks you should name her seego! I bet you earned a few brownie points with the Saint over this too!!!! Pictures, pictures, pictures!!!
                stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Reading the Pets thread will catch up with you after a while Wink I know when we got Max the wonder dog it was "for the kids", but he's really for me. I know you'll be hooked. How are shelties as running partners? Have fun all of you. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Maniac 505

Ribs: Ya big softy Congrats your new family member Dave
                    evanflein

My DH didn't want to get a dog, but the kids (especially DS1) really wanted one. I wanted one to run with. So we got our yellow lab/husky mix from the shelter. DH thought she was stoopid, and didn't know what we saw in her. But she loved him. Would sit on his feet and lean on him. Follow him everywhere. Loves going with him in his truck. He'd say "ah there's nothing like going for a drive in my clean truck, favorite CD on, with my wife's dog." Well, this is the guy who would go home and get her when it was cold out... now that she's gotten older she doesn't handle the cold very well. She spent many cold days with him at his office last winter, and he buys her treats and pretty collars, etc. When she ran off last New Year's, he took it harder than the boys.... She's getting very creaky now (almost 12) and he gets teary eyed thinking her time with us is limited. He's hooked. So watch out, SR. They can have sneaky ways with your heart when you aren't lookin'!!
                        Another curmudgeon bites the dust (at least on one topic). Thanks for sharing this with us ribs. TomS
                        dg.

Ribs, I think you're adorable.
                            Yep, you're a hit with the ladies, Ribs. Heh, heh, heh - and you didn't think we'd read the ulterior motive between the lines . . . Smile

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

Mr. Ribs: you are my hero.....(well, one of them anyway) what a wonderful and thoughtful gesture you have made for your son. That dog will have you wrapped around his little paws in no time...

Trails Rock!

Top 'O the World!

I'm glad for you! It's time Wink {{{{SR}}}}
                                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group