Masters Running

Friday, it's Friday (Read 517 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Third time's the charm.

Tammy - those pups are cuties.  Oh what fun.

Did I ever mention how much I like Friday spin class?

Lifting, stepping, spinning and sweating.  That was my morning.  The royals were on the TV in the gym.  Nice dress. Must have cost at least 50 quid.

Have a great weekend.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

the Daily roulette.  Does this mean PBJ won or lost? Confused 

Ending a week in NC with a gorgeous day, but no running for the week.  spent some time each morning on an eliptical that we have at the house.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Rest day from running .... not sure when my actual next rest day really will be.  Wink     Up at 3 a.m. with Hailey, then at 5 a.m. one of the dogs made the I'm going to throw up sound, so up again.    False alarm.   Well, since I'm up I turn on the TV to watch the royal wedding.    I got totally sucked in and she is a beautfiul bride and I loved her dress.   He has his mom's smile.      But some of those hats!!!

Daddyo - wonderful picture yesterday....you should be proud!

Mariposia - be sure to take a picture of that wedding cake to share with us.

MikeE - maybe drink the beer after you sew ..... straight lines are important.

Tammy - your pups are absolutely adorable!!!

Happy Friday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

...20min canerun on the soccer field............HighDrama

we had mud

we had GEESE

we had 6-inch high weeds.

it was Great...........'cept I hate geese almost as much as yappy dogs...

I don't think I hurt anything,

and

poolrun tomorrow if I did

....................good running guys...................ClaireVisitTonite........ohboyohboy

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

HermosaBoy

I hate geese too -- especially the males that are aggressive and hiss at you...

3.3 miles with Rosie on a lovely morning.  Sunny, calm and temps in the low 40s.  I like it!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

stumpy... it was a gorgeous day here in NC this morning!

51° IRC! 9.9 miles of hills in 1:26:14 (8:44, AHR 148)
              The rolling XC course section felt really wonderful

Saw the vows and then ran...

"... til death us do part..."

hmmm... I always thought it was "...til death do us part...." Confused

maybe that goes with driving on the wrong side of the road?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mariposai

Busy day today, but I did go to yahoo this morning to look at the wedding dress...wow, that wedding dress was simply put: stunning. 

Real life is forcing a rest day upon me today, which is good since the day is packed and I have a 5k to run tomorrow and a 12k on Sunday.

Last night I ran 12  sublime miles. I ran by the river, which is very high right now. The weather was perfect for running and my legs woke up and decided to surprise with a sproinky run. It was one of those easy pace run that felt like I was floating. I loved it!

dg, did you RAW yesterday. I enjoy RAWing, but it is best for family life for me to run at dawn.

Have a terrific Friday.

Give me a Big grin!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Good Luck to all the races this weekend!

04/30 fatozzig - Leona Divide 50-Mile Endurance Run, Lake Hughes, CA

04/30 Sarge - Kentucky Derby Mini, Louisville KY

04/30 BlazinCajun - Glory Run 5K, Augusta, GA

04/30 bobev - Texas roundup 5K, Austin, TX - probably run BF

04/30 OrangeMat - Clinton Township Country Run 15k

04/30 Hemerocallus - 5 Peaks Albion Hills half marathon

05/01 pfriese - OKC Memorial Marathon Relay, Oklahoma City OK

05/01 Ileneforward - OC half marathon, NB CA

05/01 Mariposai - Bloomsday 12k, Spokane WA

05/01 Daddyo - 10K,  Toronto

This morning I ran 7 miles with miles 5 and 6 at tempo pace:  8:13 and 7:52.  Better.  Approve

I wanna Puppy ... Cry

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Byll – Fatozzig won’t be running her 50-miler this weekend, I’m afraid….

My boss is at a seminar today and said I could take a few hours of vacation time, so I came in a little late and I’ll leave a little early.  Ahhhh, wish every Friday was like that.

11 easy-paced miles – the first 6 miles outside in 45° (ave 10:15), then 5 more on the TM (10:31).  Legs are still tired, more so than I would have thought at this point, but I guess last weekend took a toll.

DD’s first softball game tonight. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

I wanna Puppy ... Cry

Ahhh....

Mike E

MM #5615

Good Luck to all the races this weekend!

04/30 fatozzig - Leona Divide 50-Mile Endurance Run, Lake Hughes, CA

04/30 Sarge - Kentucky Derby Mini, Louisville KY

04/30 BlazinCajun - Glory Run 5K, Augusta, GA

04/30 bobev - Texas roundup 5K, Austin, TX - probably run BF

04/30 OrangeMat - Clinton Township Country Run 15k

04/30 Hemerocallus - 5 Peaks Albion Hills half marathon

05/01 pfriese - OKC Memorial Marathon Relay, Oklahoma City OK

05/01 Ileneforward - OC half marathon, NB CA

05/01 Mariposai - Bloomsday 12k, Spokane WA

05/01 Daddyo - 10K,  Toronto

And I believe hermosaboy has a half marathon on Sunday.  Good luck to all of them!

HermosaBoy

And I believe hermosaboy has a half marathon on Sunday.  Good luck to all of them!

Yes I do.  Embarrassed

We will see how it goes.

Good luck to all racers this weekend!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Byll – Fatozzig won’t be running her 50-miler this weekend, I’m afraid….

*sniff*  CryCryCry *sniff*

dg - No big story behind Wilson and the ladder, except whenever one is opened up, he has to climb it.  The time I took the photo, he must've sat up there for over an hour.  Usually, though, he's Wilson the Greeter as he's always the first at the door when you come home, whether he's inside or outside.

Beautiful morning here!  Perfect day for a run. Evil  Or even a frigging walk. Evil

30 min of stationary biking, followed by 45 min of strength/core.  Our office is closing at noon today for a party.  Our bookkeeper and one of the secretaries, both of whom have worked here for over 15 years are retiring (bookkeeper) and moving (secretary).  Since we're going to have to clean all the alcohol out of the house and The Hub and I have a stash of some really, really nice wine, I brought 3 bottles for the party.  And since drinking isn't my thing, I figured somebody may as well enjoy it!

And I've been trying to figure out how in the world I was going to go grocery shopping, which is desperately needed and my go-to girl (Karen) is out of town.  My lovely co-worker aka wonderful friend, Denise, volunteered, without me even saying anything, to take me grocery shopping after the party.  I love this little lady!  And now I get to eat over the weekend. Wink

Have a good one, friends ~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

fattozig we have an online grocery store here called PeaPod.  It is owned by Stop and Shop.  You order online, schedule a drop date and time, and they deliver it.  I would use it more but their selection is somewhat limited.  For example I cannot get cream soda  or tomatillos which is odd since the actual store carries both. However, I have ordered produce from them and what they deliver is about the best the store has in stock.  Anyway, if this option exists in you area it might help.  It certainly made my day while I was totally immobilized!

hermosaboy the geese are not so bad.  Just hiss back and they run!  Or, get Avenger Doggie to help out!

Holly S. good luck your DD and her team!  Will the president be there to throw out the first pitch?  Wink

Went off for my half mile walk today.  The it was to the PT who taped up my foot.  She suggested I try using the foot taped up without the moon boot today and see how it goes.  I sure hope the answer is "well" as that is one more step (pun intended!) towards running again.  Heck, forget running towards driving again!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

Bill, after  a couple of sleepless nights with puppies, I think I now understand why people our age generally go for the 1+ yr old dogs from the shelter. oy! it's like having a newborn again! I don't remember this from when we got our other two, but we got them in July, so the nights were warmer and my DH built a large doghouse for them that was in an enclosed fenced area, so they went right outside from the beginning. A coworker gave me her training crate she used for her labradoodle, so it's one made for a larger breed dog and both puppies have plenty of room in it. but they were not liking the idea of being contained last night and whimpered and cried incessantly. My Dh slept downstairs so he could let them out to potty and of course, that was "play let's get rowdy!" time for them. tonight we are moving the crate out to the garage and will keep the heat on low out there as it still gets a bit cold at night here. DH is like a walking zombie after two nights of no sleep. the puppies actually spent their first 7 wks living in a barn in a fenced off corner of the barn, so I didn't think they'd mind the crate, but they sure did.

any crate trainers have tips for me?

DT massage at 11:00 for me. rest day from running and I'm glad it's a cutback mileage week. only 12-13 this weekend. weather is supposed to be nice, so it'll also be a tilling, composting, maybe planting the garden kind of weekend.

Tammy