Masters Running

Ice Cream, Pie and all things yummy . . . (Read 465 times)

xor

Pie makes everything better.

How about ice cream sandwich on top of a slice of pie?
      Jlynne

I cast another vote for warm apple pie with French vanilla ice cream. But Tammy - that lemon pie sounds outstanding. How about giving us the recipe, or is it an old family secret? Erika - if you think middle-aged metabolism sucks, wait 'till you go through menopause! (sorry guys, I know - TMI).
        xor

How about ice cream sandwich on top of a slice of pie?
          My parents put a slice of cheese on top of apple pie. No They even have a rhyme for it: Apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze. I swear to God.

I didn't "get" the apple pie and cheddar cheese until last year. That's the way my parents ate it, and I had to turn 50 before I realized what a delicacy it is. Think I still prefer it with ice cream, but the cheese is pretty good. Hmm, may have to try it with both.....

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

TammyinGP

I cast another vote for warm apple pie with French vanilla ice cream. But Tammy - that lemon pie sounds outstanding. How about giving us the recipe, or is it an old family secret? Erika - if you think middle-aged metabolism sucks, wait 'till you go through menopause! (sorry guys, I know - TMI).
              you mean the lemon pie ice cream? It's a made up recipe actually. I just 'winged' it as I went along, but I followed the basic recipe for lemon ice cream (which I think I might have found on allrecipes.com - just added more lemons to make it tarter, then added the crumbled up pie crust pieces and marshmallow creme. It was a 'creative' moment in the kitchen, and since I don't measure things, I wouldn't even know how to write out a recipe. sorry. awwww, your parents are so sweet Lopez Blush

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

My DH's 50th birthday is today, and I made him two pumpkin pies - his favorite. He doesn't like butter or margarine in the crust (he says "are you trying to kill me?") so I make the crust with oil. Not as good as with butter but I wouldn't want to kill him! Big grin I've never had cheese on apple pie, but it sounds good - I like cheese on apple slices. My favorite flavor for ice cream or pie is CHOCOLATE. Yummm.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

My favorite flavor for ice cream or pie is CHOCOLATE. Yummm.
                  I was thinking that a chocolate cream pie in one of Mari's graham crackers crusts with some pecans added in would be to die for..... I always use oil in my pie crusts Carolyn. Come on Enke - live a little!! Evil grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Come on Enke - live a little!! Evil grin
                    I'm trying to, but, I think you mean Erika.... This thread is too much...holy moly. Salivating at the lemon pie. My FIL puts cheese on his apple pie and I have heard that same expression srlopez. It must have been in vogue a thousand years ago. Tammy - you can just buy the graham crumbs, in a box these days...no need to shred them yourself.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I'm trying to, but, I think you mean Erika....
                      Oops you are right .... come on Erika Live a Little!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Angry Must ignore this thread. -- Chubby Econo
                          Tammy, you are a hoot! This is funny....EXCEPT of course you have cheese with apple pie, that is for true, most seriously. grins, A
                          Masters 2000 miles
                            My favorite is pecan. However, the best is whatever is available. Among the top ones are apple with crumbly top and a slice of cheddar cheese. My wife makes a great chocolate mousse pie. Peanut butter pie is also hard to beat. Key lime pie isn't bad either. Rhubarb, cherry, and strawberry are also good. I'm sure I could think of others I like. Basically, pie is good. TomS
                              Mmmmm . . . pie . . . especially berry pie. Give me a good blackberry or mixed berry pie or cobbler with a dollop of real whipped cream, and I am your slave! (Unfortunately, I stink at baking and must rely on others, or Marie Callendar's.) My dad melts cheddar cheese on his apple pie, too, AND eats mashed potatoes with chocolate cake. The first one I've never tried but perhaps I should go by Marie Callendar's tonight, buy me a pie, and give it a whirl. It's a great excuse. The second - I think he's just nuts on that one. Wink srlopez - I've never heard that saying, but will pass it on to my dad. He'll love it!

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Angry Must ignore this thread. -- Chubby Econo
                                You and me both, sweetheart. I'm pulled in here though like watching a train wreck. Can't. Look. Away... I used to bake all the time, but was never big into pies. But I stopped baking long ago when I realized my DH and/or kids would have one or two cookies, and I'd eat the rest. I have no control. So easier just to avoid the whole issue. And ice cream makes my tummy hurt, so that one was easy to give up. No