Masters Running

4/10 TGIGF runs and work outs (Read 512 times)

Mariposai

Early lunch hour run. Green Fest 2009 “Hand in Hand with the Earth Fun Run”…5k in 31 minutes and I didn’t even sweat. I found out about this race last night and decided to do it as an easy run and not a race. This was a very informal race organized by the local community college. It was fun to run with college students and not feel the need or the desire to run fast. Back to work now and ready to embrace the day. Reggae concert tonight. Got to go and see what timbo is upto now. Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

....hard to type and laugh as it turns out! Lots of Mojo vibes to SRL Good luck to all those suffering taper madness too---checking the forecast every hour on the hour even though it's way too early, packing and re-packing your bag, feeling every twinge and creak and creating news ones, re-reading your training logs.....yeah, I know. Easy 2.5 mile run for me this morning at 8 am and then a 3 mile walk with a neighbor. It's at least 3 hours until dinner here, but Tall's post is making my stomach growl. Sounds fabulous!

King of PhotoShop

"WACO, Texas (April 7) - A man was stabbed after causing a stink — literally — in a motel room while eating with a friend, police said. Five men from the Houston area were sharing a Waco motel room Tuesday night, and two were inside the room eating when one had a flatulence problem, Waco police Officer Steve Anderson said. One man was so upset about the gas that he threw a large knife at him, cutting his leg, and then stabbed him in the chest, Anderson said. The 35-year-old man was transported to a Waco hospital, where he was treated for what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries, Anderson said. Jose Braule Ramirez, 33, of Houston, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, police said. He was arraigned Wednesday and was being held in the McLennan County Jail on $15,000 bond and placed on an immigration hold, according to jail records. He cannot be released, even if he posts bond, until authorities verify he is in the country legally. A jail spokeswoman who declined to give her name said she was not allowed to release information on whether Ramirez had an attorney." Sometimes it's embarrassing to live here, even as a transplant. 5 miles at easy pace, followed by flex and core work. No digestive problems either. Spareribs
        Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I've lost track of time and days gone by since my last post, anyway, 6.7 miles with the last two at a pretty good pace for me, perfect running weather cool enough, drizzle. Good luck , Robert , for the 50th state and O' Hare connection.....I used to live in Chicago and work for an airline....my favorite airport...... Big grin Tim, a pretty girl.... but a I see a couple of warning lights .... Seattle R&R being only a couple of months way.....is it time to start planning some get together....? I can host a pre or post race Italian food feast ....and also I have room if someone needs a place to stay. Francesca
            Just a quick drop-in between this afternoon's 3-hour installment of the "Holy Marathon" and tonight's service/rehearsal. Had a fantastic run on the boardwalk this morning, which more than made up for yesterday's nasty schlepp through my pollen- and dust-infected neighborhood in PA. Ran 5.6, took the fewest walk breaks since before I bruised my knee so badly about 31/2 weeks ago, and felt greta the whole time. Had at least another mile in me, but ran out of time before today's rehearsal and service. Best wishes for meaningful holiday celebrations for all of those who observe. Happy weekend and good runs/rest/recovery and all around good mojo, everybody! Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Well, despite the lack of proper punctuation Tongue, I believe this: was a question. That's what you asked. To which I said, "Trust your gut." You don't need to search the 'net to see if she's "onto" something with this wrinkle paranoia. Besides, if she would just hang upside down like vampires do every night, her wrinkles would go away. Ever see a wrinkly vampire?
              Yeah, but I kept getting advise on Jody, instead of the sagging skin issue Wink As a matter of fact, I have not seen a wrinkled up vampire...I'll tell Jody about that and see what she thinks Smile Hey thanks Enke, as you see the possibilities...now I can blame you if I end up with "wrinkled out psycho woman" Didn't get her car done today, so I won't see her till Monday. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

Hey thanks Enke, as you see the possibilities...now I can blame you if I end up with "wrinkled out psycho woman"
                you mean "wrinkled out psycho woman with no uterus" Tongue Francesca - I think it might be time to start up a Seattle R&R thread. Quite a few are staying at 'the house' but it'd be nice to start organizing people's arrival dates/times, when folks are leaving town, who wants to partake on a big dinner pre or post race - and whether it'll be at 'the house' or elsewhere, etc. 2 months will go by quickly . . .

Tammy

Stevie Ray: Lots of good thoughts and even an O'Hare prayer for you (and I was born on Maundy Thursday) Cool. I'll be interested in hearing how you feel once you complete the circuit. I'm for sure not doing it again! Ribs, it's not just Texas. I bet PDs across the country can top that for stupid cases they have handled. Wow, how exciting, plans for Seattle already! I can be a chief's helper or wash dishes, just sign me up for whatever's needed. grins, A
                  Masters 2000 miles
                  TammyinGP

Wow, how exciting, plans for Seattle already! I can be a chief's helper or wash dishes, just sign me up for whatever's needed. grins, A
                    hopefully it won't be for your legal expertise though . . . although with Timbo around, you just never know . . . Confused do you have reciprocity in WA? Tongue

Tammy

Renee the dog

Tim, I was just looking through some of my race photos...and um, she should be less worried about wrinkles and more worried about well, sag. I have one shot that will never be seen where my "pillows" (as my kids call them) are well, at my waist! With a good undergarment on... And, I'm somewhat under-average in the pillow department. Surprised

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

you mean "wrinkled out psycho woman with no uterus" Tongue Francesca - I think it might be time to start up a Seattle R&R thread. Quite a few are staying at 'the house' but it'd be nice to start organizing people's arrival dates/times, when folks are leaving town, who wants to partake on a big dinner pre or post race - and whether it'll be at 'the house' or elsewhere, etc. 2 months will go by quickly . . .
                        I felt funny typing uterus. Where is Seattle anyway... is it too far away to ride my bike. Hey Tammy, lets not rush things as I have a helluva lot of miles to run before Seattle (you too dear)...it's still 11 weeks away. Tet, I have a 16 miler planned tomorrow....think I can make it. Heck, may add a mile or two in your honor Tongue
                        Tim, I was just looking through some of my race photos...and um, she should be less worried about wrinkles and more worried about well, sag. I have one shot that will never be seen where my "pillows" (as my kids call them) are well, at my waist! With a good undergarment on... And, I'm somewhat under-average in the pillow department. Surprised
                        I'll be sure and pass on that information to her...she will be thrilled I'm sure Big grin
                        hopefully it won't be for your legal expertise though . . . although with Timbo around, you just never know . . . Confused do you have reciprocity in WA? Tongue
                        I'm sure I can come up with some smart ass remark about this....but I'm off to find out what reciprocity means Roll eyes Tim'sag free'Bo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

. Hey Tammy, lets not rush things as I have a helluva lot of miles to run before Seattle (you too dear)...it's still 11 weeks away.
                          no worries for me. I hired a coach . . . Tetsujin . . . he gave me a great training plan that fits perfectly into my busy lifestyle.

Tammy

evanflein

no worries for me. I hired a coach . . . Tetsujin . . . he gave me a great training plan that fits perfectly into my busy lifestyle.
                            Now THAT makes me giggle. Thanks, Tammy! Big grin
                            wildchild

Carolyn

(and I was born on Maundy Thursday) Cool. grins, A
                              Does this mean you had a birthday this week, or is it next week? Hmmm, your profile says you're 54... I looked up the dates of Easter and found that in 1954 it was on April 18, and in 1955 it was on April 10. So either you were born in '54 and your 55th birthday is next Wednesday, or you were born in '55 and you just turned 54 on the 7th. Wishing lots of mojo to Robert for your 50th state! My dad finally got released from the hospital yesterday, and is recovering at home. Thanks for all the well wishes. I worked through lunch so I can leave early and do a trail run on the way home. That way I can get a change of scenery and run at a state park that's about halfway home.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Blah blah blah...I bet he promised to get ya pass mile 16 too...that is funny though Smile I suppose barefoot running is next, as I can hear it now..."barefoot running woman loses her uterus while running a Marathon...but her face still looked remarkably great, according to her coach Tetsujin". Geez, I need to get some work done...then home for laundry nite and beer Yes (never used that character before) TimmiBo