Masters Running

Friday June 10th -- Finally Friday??? (Read 487 times)

Mariposai

Enke, nice hill run.  I have a big hill from my house up to the top of the ridge that's 300 ft in 0.7 miles.  I'm trying to work on running the whole thing, but almost always walk at least the one big switchback.  Yesterday I was telling DH that I was proud of myself for running the whole loop on my trail run last night, and he made a comment that since I've been running for 4-5 years now, he doesn't see why I can't run all the way up our hill by now.    Maybe I just give up and walk too easily, but honestly on the steep part I can walk it faster than I can run it.  Oh, and the altitude is 9600 ft.   But still, I'm gonna work on running the whole thing sometime soon.

Did you say 9600 feel elevation? you go girl!!1 . You will run up to the top of the ridge one of these days!!! I know you will.

Enkie, great run tonight. The view you had must have been magnificent!

Ilenforward, have fun this weekend. That trail HM sounds so much fun.

I wonder how mainerunner  did on his 5k race tonight.

fatozzing, enjoy helping your friends move. I am sure you will be the best cheer leader for the movers!

Mike  good luck in tomorrow's race.

dove, you are one lucky gal...a labduckie sight...lucky you!!!

I was not  going to run tonight, but work was hectic, the weather was good so I decided to go out for a few miles. I ended up running 6 effortless, relaxed and timeless miles.  Being a runner is such a blast!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

La la la I can't hear you talking about killer hills.  I planned my run and ran my plan.  5 miles easy, then a classic 20-minute tempo run.  Those last few minutes are tough.  If you look at the graph on my log here and adjust it for the HR, you'll see what I mean.  Then I walked around the block to cool off.  I've had my chocolate milk, so now it's time for ice cream and an Amstel Light.  Oh, and the patio table is defective so I think I'll sue the manufacturer.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

SteveP

SteveP