Masters Running

Friday June 10th -- Finally Friday??? (Read 487 times)

#artbydmcbride

Millbot is Team Captain!!!  

Runners run

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Speaking of Bayshore..... were there ever any pictures posted??? 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Dove

The Dovenator

and speaking of Labduck, he was in my town yesterday so we met for lunch Smile

I am eagerly waiting to hear news from MikeE......

I'll probably run sometime this afternoon but the cold, cloudy weather has dampened my motivation.

"it's just like having fun, but different"

Mariposai

Millbot is Team Captain!!!  

Ohh I sure miss millbot!

Jealous of the Ragnar team! 

Erika and I were commenting how much we would like to run in a team again. One of these days!

No running today. I love post-marathon week. I can be lazy and call it training!

German chocolate torte with pistachio frosting anyone? This homemade version turn out to be the best!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Well, the first one is in the books. I tried really hard to go out slow and I did...pretty much. 3:29:56--3rd place overall. We'll find out if I went out slow enough, tomorrow, I guess. The good news is--I left my son back at the motel and he, and the motel, were still there when I got back!
            Slo

Well, the first one is in the books. I tried really hard to go out slow and I did...pretty much. 3:29:56--3rd place overall. We'll find out if I went out slow enough, tomorrow, I guess. The good news is--I left my son back at the motel and he, and the motel, were still there when I got back!

Big grin

HermosaBoy

GRETA job!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Yeah Mike!!  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

lamerunner

Good afternoon.  Great job Mike!! Hope you are ice bathing the legs for tomorrow. it is good the motel and son were still there too.

I worked some this morning then ran about 14 on the Rockingham rail trail. Nice to be off the road. It was about 80 though with still some humidity.  Air is now drying out nicely.

Run followed by vacuuming ( ughh) , hair trim and lots of food shopping.  We did get a jump on the cleaning last night. DD graduates tomorrow. She left her report card witha funny  note saying ":Look, no slackerly failures..." She also signed up for the honors program at college, which will cover most of her core courses.   I am happy about that.

Erika must be baking in Scottsdale!

Happy Friday.

and speaking of Labduck, he was in my town yesterday so we met for lunch Smile

I am eagerly waiting to hear news from MikeE......

I'll probably run sometime this afternoon but the cold, cloudy weather has dampened my motivation.

That's always a fun meetup!  We could use some cold, cloudy weather.  We had a short rain this morning that would have been nice to run in but I had to get to work.  Bill & I are going to freeze in Utah and love it.  We'll be playing in the snow while Van 1 wonders why we didn't show up at the exchange.

I'll run in a while after I try to assemble a patio table that's been in the box for about a week.  I'm not Mr. Handyman.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

I see you got CNYrunner to join as your ringer!  Millbot had a Wasatch team two years ago I remember, because I was temporarily on it.  Can't recall if they did one last year.  Why doesn't millbot come over here?  Don't give me this facebook stuff....

Mike, good job on the marathon.

Wanted something short and easy today.  I got the short part right.  I decided to run up a nearby residential neighbourhood that has incredible sweeping views of Seattle and Lake Washington.  I ran maybe 1/6th of the way up then gave up and walked the rest.  It was 450 feet over 0.9 mile.  I guess that is kind of like 500 ft per mile.  That is almost a 10% grade.  This is the hill my DD keeps thinking she can run up without stopping to walk, and I keep telling her she is crazy.  Anyway, I forgot to turn my Garmin back on on the way down so I don't really know how far I ran, 3.2 miles total I guess with one stop at a yard sale.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

3.2 miles total I guess with one stop at a yard sale.

And this, my friend, is the most important thing about that run. Wink  Good job on that hill.  I cringe at the thought of my first hill climb once I'm on two feet again.  BTW - today has been going pretty dern good with one crutch and the occasional crutchless walk.

MikeE - 3rd overall?  Wow! Congrats!!     Funny comment about your son and the motel. Big grin

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

That's a great relay team! And I don't know why you don't think you'll be very competitive, Bill. Looks like a fast and competitive group to me!

Millbot is a great captain. He was my van captain in last summer's Cascade Lakes Relay. I think he and Renee sort of co-captained the entire team, if i'm not mistaken. I know they both did the vast majority of the organizational stuff, and within our van, Mike kept us all focused and efficient. he's good at serving chocolate milk too.

Mike E - great job on the marathon! I'm anxious to hear how marathon #2 goes after running such a fast one the day prior. And really glad your son stuck around for you too! How has this trip been so far as far as some father-son bonding?

Not much happening with me today. Spent lots of time in the garden today, some yard work, lots of puppy supervision and play, etc.

Cute cute pic Mary!

Tammy

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

What a fun Ragnar Team!  Have a blast!

Like Dave, I enoyed the run in low 50's this morning!  7 miles at 8:06 pace.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

wildchild

Carolyn

Mike, Congrats on 3rd OA in the marathon today - wow!  Hope tomorrow's race goes well too.

That relay team looks awesome and fun.  Where is the race?  Someone said Utah?

Enke, nice hill run.  I have a big hill from my house up to the top of the ridge that's 300 ft in 0.7 miles.  I'm trying to work on running the whole thing, but almost always walk at least the one big switchback.  Yesterday I was telling DH that I was proud of myself for running the whole loop on my trail run last night, and he made a comment that since I've been running for 4-5 years now, he doesn't see why I can't run all the way up our hill by now.    Maybe I just give up and walk too easily, but honestly on the steep part I can walk it faster than I can run it.  Oh, and the altitude is 9600 ft.   But still, I'm gonna work on running the whole thing sometime soon.

2.5 mile walk with DD, DH, and the D dogs, then ran 5 miles around the neighborhood. 

DD passed her driving test today - yay!  3rd time's the charm I guess.  Then we went shopping at Kohl's, and went out to lunch.  So glad she's home, even if it's only briefly.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.