Masters Running

Humpdaily, 8.23.23 (Read 40 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Congratulations Holly!

Congratulatios Moebo!

And a ^^^ for me! 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Congratulations, Holly S. and Moebo! Great news all around.

Moebo I had the same question as Dave59. Now I have to complete some challenges again, and learn French! 

OMG I just saw Ingebrigtsen came in second in the 1500m world finals! 

Just a gym workout for me today. Then to the office, for an exciting day of writing and running computer code. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Wow Holly, that's greta! You too, Moebo!

The joy value on the forum ticks upward today! (like the stock market, it goes up and down but trends toward up)

I got in a 3.3 mile Bikram Run today, the first run after sitting out to heal up the PF onslaught. About 90f where I ran. Felt a little PF at the start, nothing after a mile, and nothing after I got home. We'll see in the morning.

I have added a new channel on my YouTube feed, Doctors Of Running. They are a group of podiatrists that are also runners, and mainly review shoes but also have a few vids about injuries. I watched their one on PF, and they answered the question about what type of shoe, from a medical standpoint, is "best" for reducing PF pain once it begins and during recovery. They recommend a fairly rigid shoe with a rocker profile to reduce stress on the calf/achilles/plantar system. So I wore my NB SC Trainer-1 today.

Leslie, regarding probate, I'm still plugging along. Inventory of assets submitted to OR and accepted. I learned something, to not get tricked into replying to my attorney's emails if they are inconsequential. I received the first itemized bill a few weeks ago and was delighted to learn that each email cost me $75, the rate for 15 minutes of their time. Most were needed, but even the ones where he would write me and ask if was still going to do something we agreed I should do and I replied with one word "yes"; BAM: $75. I no longer reply to that type of email. He always ends his emails with a question, even trivial and obvious that needs no reply. I think I mentioned they strongly wanted to get the EIN and set up the estate account themselves, AND keep the checkbook so they could write the checks from their office at my direction. I did all that myself, costing them probably $10,000-20,000+ in fees they could have billed me.

Am I a fast learner?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

OMG I just saw Ingebrigtsen came in second in the 1500m world finals! 

WHAT?! Now I have to go look!

Google: Budapest results

https://worldathletics.org/competition/calendar-results/results/7138987?eventId=10229502&gender=M

Goose and Hocker right in there! That was a close race. top 5 within a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-o-N80CuuU

Stella and the Fellas lost today to a California team, so they will come home to Tennessee.  What a run, though.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Surly - I forgot you were dealing with an Oregon probate.  It's very different than CA probates, which have statutory fees based on the value of the estate.  The only time hourly gets figured in is if an attorney is asking for extraordinary fees, and then you have to show proof for those fees.

Well . . . as I was walking from my shed back to the house (a very short walk) I started past my giant hydrangea and got quite the shock.  At first I thought it was a big rat hanging from the bush, but it ended up being a baby oppossum.  What??  I called The Hub out to show him, and as he got closer, the poor guy fell.  The Hub scooped him put and, per the recording for the local wildlife rescue folks, we put him a shoebox (it has holes) with some soft rags, put the box on a blanket on the floor in our extra bedroom with part of the box on a heating pad on low.  The door is securely closed and the shades are down so it's nice and dark (also per the rescue recording).

I left my name and number on the rescue's answering machine.  Where the heck he came from, how he ended up in our yard - but most importantly how our cats didn't find him! - is beyond me.  I hope the little fella makes it through the night.  

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance