Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 6.23.13 (Read 47 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

What is wrong with my family?  I went out to eat with my DW, my two DDs, and my two SIL's.  I snuck in here for a quick peak and, when I read TW's post, I started laughing.  They all gave me a disapproving look, so I thought I'd prove to them that this guy is hilarious and why I love this place so much, so I read Dave's whole story and then what tomwhite said....while laughing historically, of course.  And they just looked at me like I was nuts.  I really thought I raised them better...

Dave - I vote for the re-runs, especially Columbo.  You can't go wrong with Peter Falk.

And Mike - Some families just don't get it.

Haven't had a class reunion in a long time.  Last one I went to, I had a good time hanging out with the people I didn't spend much time with in high school.

Can't wait to hear about Stumpy!!

Carolyn - If you pay for my hub's ticket and pay him while he's there, he'll come out to CO and work for you!  Grounds maintenance is his life now. Smile  And he actually has a nice little clientele built up.  Very proud of him.

Dragging a cooler while riding a bike may be illegal, but the nekkid part is probably OK.

I can't remember what else was said, except I was breathed a sigh of relief when I realized Mustang Sally did 100 miles in 5 hours on a bike.  Otherwise, dang!  That girl is way more than a superhero!!

10 miles yesterday at the McKay.  Miles 4 and 5 included a lot of climbing, which meant Miles 6 and 7 had a lot of downhill, and the tendons didn't seem to mind so much.  Things tried to tighten up later in the day, but I iced, massaged, and walked around, and all that seemed to help.  Did 3 sort of EZ this a.m. (my first B2B since March), and it went pretty good.  Took the legs about a mile to warm up.  I didn't ice as soon as I got home, and I heard the whispering a couple of hours later, so did my duty.

Keeping fingers crossed I hear re the interview by tomorrow or Tuesday, but we'll see.  He had to talk to the other partners.

Western States is this upcoming weekend.  Woo Hoo!!  I'm so excited, you'd think I was running it.  Instead, I get to crew and soak up the whole atmosphere and spend quality time with Karen and Kate's pacer, Glenn, and just pretty much have a ball!

Okay - I've been typing for over almost 3 hours.  Need to get a shower and hit the hay.  Nite ~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks for the stumps update carolyn.

If I said I was afraid of flying, would you come to Japan with me for the Mt. Fuji Ascent Race?

Do your homestay friends know anything about your marathon life?

Dave - good thing she's got a good father for your granddaughter or I'd recommend you move to Floriday.

Mike - be careful and don't expect any non-runners to understand anything about our running or the running, and nonrunning, RA board. However, be sure to tell them that all of us out here in the PNW are normal too, just like you..

Zigs - I can't put myself in the shoes of a regular runner, if any runner, but Western States is to trail runners what Boston is to road runners, if not more, kind of our running Utopia. We honor with awe those who run it and those who get to help those who get to run it. I'd be happy now just to  hike it's legendary miles some day, . . . make that days.  Have fun.

Enks -  I think you got it right about the "free" in fremont. 

ps zigs - there's no such thing as too few photos in your RR.

/

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Dave - good thing she's got a good father for your granddaughter or I'd recommend you move to Floriday.

I was thinking the same thing. You're a good guy Dave59

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

It seems like many of you put in big miles in the heat.

I set out to do 8 or 9 and decided to walk home for a mile or so for a total of 7 mi. I guess I should have carried water or just started with lower expectations.

I am trying to get ready for 12 mi in Sep. I think I can make it.

It helps if you start early, before it gets too hot, but carrying water can certainly help.  Is there a race you have in mind?

Marj - great picture!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."