Masters Running

Houston Marathon RR (Read 394 times)

HermosaBoy

I'd be interested to know how he changes your training. More speed work? Intensity levels on all workouts, etc? Or maybe you're already on the path to that 2:30 and just need more seasoning?
    Well, the speedwork is what he and I always fight about -- I absolutely HATE the track! Angry I would rather go do a 10 mile tempo run than repeat 400s anytime!!! I think that's why Brian and I are such good training partners. Brian was an 800 runner in college and loves the track. So, he pushes me on the track and I push him on tempo runs...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Tramps

Just awesome. A belated congrats on this. Interesting to see how vital a training/running partner is for you.

Be safe. Be kind.

...Since then, he has lowered my times in all events from the mile to the marathon -- by a pretty good amount.
        Not to diminish the positive impact of your coach, but I think YOU lowered your times - your coach just pointed you the right way. Congrats Hermosa!
        HermosaBoy

Not to diminish the positive impact of your coach, but I think YOU lowered your times - your coach just pointed you the right way. Congrats Hermosa!
          That is true. For those that are interested, here are the gory details: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/59f05b6419be4bf5acde42d56a482eef/workouts/6ddb9d6351a04bf48e554f3227a3071e

Rob

I see you neglected to mention the 2nd place in your AG. You ARE the MAN!
            HermosaBoy

I see you neglected to mention the 2nd place in your AG. You ARE the MAN!
              True, but 6th place masters -- I got owned!

Rob

xor

True, but 6th place masters -- I got owned!
                Nah, you got smoked. Which of course makes you one of the Dutch Masters. Of course, I'm just being a smartass. Dang. 2nd AG at a huuuuge race. Hermosaman, indeed.

HermosaBoy

Rob

I finally got a chance to read this and all I can say is wow! Nice race, Rob -- I can't imagine. (Very nice for your kids, too)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com