Masters Running

Sunday fun run day 7/17 (Read 503 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey Leslie, we went to see Harry Potter this morning!  It was excellent.

Interesting creature feature going today!  We didn't see anything more interesting than deer around here today. 

It's clouding up and looks like the usual afternoon thunderstorms are coming. I hope they pass over and cool it off so I can get out for a run later.

Thanks for the nice comments on my race yesterday.  All the comments about fast races must have been for Erika and Nancy, though.  I'd hardly call a 1:09 10k fast...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'd hardly call a 1:09 10k fast...

for the kind of courses you do, I do.

日本の選手おめでとうございます

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Carolyn - Yes, it was excellent.  Kinda weird there won't be anymore of the movies, but I would guess the actors involved all these years are ready to move on.  J.K. Rowling's story sure is a classic rags to riches.

I was going to go out to my shed for a core workout, but the guy who lives behind us has been burning since early this morning, and the smoke and ash have been terrible.  I've been able to smell it in the house all day, even with the windows and doors closed, so I'm guessing it's even worse in my little shed since there are open vents.  I'm susceptible to sinus infections in those conditions, so basically I've been held hostage in my house.  Dead  Guess he doesn't realize I need to burn a few calories. Evil

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Uh-oh, Woods Lady's been reading my log again!

Critter watch contribution:  Yesterday I woke up, looked out the window (very early a.m.) and noticed a raccoon making his way through our cherry tree. I watched him for a long time.   Munch munch.

CNY...b-b-bear? 

Mariposai

Guess he doesn't realize I need to burn a few calories. Evil

This is the post of the day!

Great runs today, for me no running, but I did follow my DH up a MT. top walking (no runningSmile) so he could do his research work on an endangered tree species!. I had fun hanging out with him, hiking in my beloved woods and discovering that I hate mosquitoes with my passion!!

A great day all in all and now it is time to REST!!!!!!!!!

Econo-girls, so good to see you!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Nice to see you popping in, Econo.  Church softball tonight and I was decent at 3rd base.  Our regular player in that position was gone.  First time up at bat, struck out swinging.  Next time, singled but they threw out the runner ahead of me.  3rd time (the games are short), hard hit at the shortstop and he couldn't field it.  RBI.  Later he congratulated me.  No critter sighting although the field is out in a field, so to speak. 

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

wildchild

Carolyn

All the baseball talk (ok, softball, but whatever...) makes me miss Aamos.  Anyone know how she's doing?

The thunderstorms missed us so I went out for 7.2 miles. The first 4 with my furry buddies then another lap around the block without them.  Ladybug lay down in a mud puddle, so she was rewarded with a bath.  She needed one anyway.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

I wonder about Amy too, and how she and Dan-o are doing.

Nice 20, Holly! I'll admit I thought about doing that distance today, but got to a point where I just wanted to stop and do something else.

I'd wanted to get out for my run earlier today, but got to watching WWC and then just couldn't stop. Sorry it ended like that, but it was nice for Japan to get a break.

17.4 miles for me today, although I think my Garmin added on an additional .1 mile there towards the end. It said my last two miles were in the 8 m/m range, and I know that's not right. Legs felt tired from yesterday's race and the 5 miles afterwards. DH came down the road on his motorcycle to see how I was doing when I was about a mile from home, and I gladly hopped on the bike for a ride home! Nice sunny day but the temps didn't get much over 70 all day. Even though, I was stopping to seek shade a few times the last three miles... Drank about 45 oz of water and still lost 4 lbs on the run. Gived me 52.9 for the week. I always think if I'd known what my total was, I'd run another .1 or so to "round up." That's my inner Tammy talking, I guess.

Made Lasagna for dinner tonight, and opened a 2000 Barbaresco to go with it. Yum.