Masters Running

Happy Moms Day ! Sun May 8th Runs (Read 464 times)

Slo

Happy Mothers Day to all our Mothers !

A 5k race yesterday. 20:05...7th OA and 2nd AG.

A 14 miler ths morning to wrap up my Marathon training. Ran the last 20 mins at tempo pace. I'm feeling very good.

What a glorious day out!

Greta 5K, Slo!  Congrats on the hardware!

Recovery day for me...just happy to be able to get down the stairs this morning!

Gardening later.

G/L to today's racers!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

. hi heme and slo//.........Happy MothersDay

=======

........36min trailrun with canes In Memory of My Mom.....

it's been a year since she died,

I had

just

found out I had Arthritis in both hips

about

a month

before she passed away

''Just Do The  Best You CAN do''  was her advise

and I always have.

......................good running guys..........Hug SomeOne You Love Today...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Hi folks.  PDR and WRFB generously put me up overnight on Friday and we all ran the nearby Frederick half-marathon together Saturday.  It was great to see them again and they seem to be doing really well. 

We had a beautiful Saturday morning for the race; sunny with a nice breeze and not too warm for this time of year.  Harriet was the star of the day bringing home 3rd in her AG! This wasn’t a goal race for me and it showed: 1:41:11; respectable but nothing special.  It was a good race course with plenty of inclines and rollers for variation but no big hills. The shady spots were a welcome break from the warm sun. The well-organized race had about 4,000 runners. 

In addition to the fine accommodations, I was chauffeured to and from the race by my hosts. When we got back I took a shower and was treated to brunch before my 2-hour drive home.  What a luxury!  Smile  (Thanks PDR & WRFB!)

I've got to get some work done today, but hope to get out later for a few miles just to stretch the legs.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

It's good to be home.  I don't think I am ever going to go anywhere again.  Too exhausting.

I ran an easy 3 this morning to loosen up the legs.  I took yesterday off (except for a couple hours walking around the Buffalo Zoo) because my right foot and ankle asked for a rest.  They have been sore since last Monday when I went up and down that ladder for a few hours cleaning the gutters. 

tomwhite a very sweet sentiment.

Tramps sounds like a great time at the HM.  So how was the beer?  I figure you had to have at least tried it, drive or no drive!

Packing and getting ready to go today.  Off to the drug store for some random stuff in a few minutes.  Then pack, then down to my SIL's to meet my DW's family for mother's day.  We will stay overnight at the SIL's place since they live a lot closer to the airport than we do and we have a crack of dawn flight scheduled for tomorrow.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Have a great trip twocat, make sure you take a long boook, Count of Monte Cristo is a great one for long hours of reading. Is the moon boot going with you too?. Say hi to your sweet DW for me. I hope she enjoys her week of basking in the sun.

Slo-hand, congrats on your fine win!

Tramps, so jealous of you for hanging out with Harriet and Lou.

Well, happy mother's day to the mothers here. I hope  you are celebrated as a queen.

What a fun day I had yesterday. Up at 4 to drive to the race to run my HM. The Over the dam run is the only time pedestrians can cross over the Grand Coulee Dam (the biggest dam in this country and 2nd biggest in the world). My plan was to warm up for a mile before the race, but instead I found myself having to walk from the bottom of the river to the top of the dam to the starting line, I got to the starting line seconds before the gun went off. Not even having time to catch a breather. We ran down the hill back to the river bottom, along the river on grovel road, at mile 8 we went back up to the starting line again, mile 10 was across the dam (this is the only time pedestrians have access over the dam, the view was magnificent). Miles 11-13.1 was once again up, up, up the hill to the towers. My finish time: 2:03. 1/3 AG win Smile. I am mighty pleased with the time since the race practically ended at mile 8, the rest was pure uphill battle. I was surprise to finish this race only 4' slower than my HM three weeks ago. 

Then I got home and planned an open house party for our dear friends who have moved away and now are visiting us for four days. We had people coming and going from 4 to midnight. I had fun cooking to feed the hungry crowd, but today I am dead tired, but happy.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice racing for WRFB, PDR, Tramps, Slo, Mari......

Tramps.. nice 5 star accommodations!

Mari.. 1st AG!

PDR 3rd AG!

Slo 7th OA, 2nd AG!

Very nice!

16.6 miles of hills and muddy trails in light 60° rain in 2:39:21 (9:37) I think I burned all the glycogen and all the fat!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

HermosaBoy

Mari, you are a maniac -- that was a LONG DAY!!!

SLO, WRFB and PDR -- Greta racing!!!

16 miles for me this morning.  Now for a relaxing rest of the day -- my mom is back in Hermosa.  She got her flowers, a phone call and my undying love!

Happy day all!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Happy Mom's Day!!

TomW - Beautiful sentiment from your mom.

Congrats to our fine racers!!  Posie - You are a continuous inspiration.

I had planned on a pool run this afternoon, but I ain't feelin' so hot.  Bleh Dead with a headache.  Those pork burritos I'm suppose to make for my dad and me aren't sounding real appealing right now.  I did manage to vacuum, however.  Took a tad longer than normal.

Yesterday was good .  I even let him kick my butt at cribbage.  I'm looking forward to another session next weekend. Smile

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Mother’s Day!

Nice racing – Slo – 2nd AG; Tramps – respectable to you is still awesome to me; Mariposai – 1st AG; PDR – 3rd AG; WRFB – I don’t know, but still better than anything I could do, I’m sure – well done, everyone!

Hermosaboy – which Hermosa?  I spent several years in Hermosa Beach, California – I always think of that when I see your name.

I slept in until almost 6:30 am (!), headed out for my LR in IRC (52 degrees). 

14.1 miles total, followed by weighted squats, dead lifts, and lunges.  It's been a few weeks since I've done those - I'll be feeling that tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

No time for a more thorough post, so sorry... just wanted to wish all the moms a Happy Mother's Day!! Smile

Oh, and I ran a 10k this morning. 52:25, 8:25 avg pace. Almost puked at the end. Logged my fastest mile EVAH at 8:15 in mile 5. Wow.

Happy Sunday to all!

HermosaBoy

Hermosaboy – which Hermosa?  I spent several years in Hermosa Beach, California – I always think of that when I see your name.

That's the one Holly -- I was a boy in Hermosa Beach, Ca.  That's why I am Hermosaboy...

When were you out there???

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mike E

MM #5615

Great runs and races everybody and Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers.  That didn't sound quite right, did it?

Every year, I think about the first Mother's Day I spent with my ex-wife after our first daughter was born.  She was crabby all day long!  I kept asking her what was wrong and she wouldn't tell me.  Finally, at the end of the day, she broke down and said, "You didn't get me anything for Mother's Day!"  I said, "But you're not my mother!"  Just one of many reasons she's my ex-wife, I guess...

lamerunner

Good evening and Happy Mother's Day. Greta races for SLo, Mari and Erika!

Busy  day  here. I had hoped to go run a couple of hours on the rail trail but DS had a lax game an hour away plus a soccer game, and DH really wanted to bike, so I settled for a quick 8 miler around 8 a.m.   All ok.  Spent some good time with DS.

Very odd weather continues. High 50s on my run; I was overdressed, then mid 60s and sunny even up north for the lax game,then rain showers and a huge temperature drop in the afternoon.

Lax was interesting; the team was down to a skeleton crew and they are mostly beginners, but they held their own and outscored their opponent in the second half. Still lost but they felt better about it.

Hard fought soccer game ended in a 2-2 tie. Kids played well.  Then DS wanted to practice more lax... there are nets near the soccer field.  A mother's work is never  done I tell you...