Masters Running

40s+ On the Run - w/e 12/13/08 (Read 483 times)

Hey 40s Just got back from a 3 miler. 27F wind 20-25mph and snow. It had quit snowing by the time I got going. I had 6 scheduled, but footing was trecherous in spots and in other spots there were some drifts. So I cut the run short. Joe, yes it will be a huge game for the Cowboys...not so much for the Giants. I can't believe the Cowboys still have a shot at the playoffs. They're killin' me. Arla, I think I ate 4 gu. I can't remember now exactly when I took them. Seems like around 6, 14, 19, and 23. I would take one just before a water station. I also had a banana somewhere I think around mile 12. I think I probably took in too much...it didn't cause me trouble, I just wanted to have enough rather than not enough. I did take in too much fluid I believe. I had to pee twice and at the end of the race I did not feel the need for more fluid. Although I didn't have any problems downing a couple beers later that day!
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Although I didn't have any problems downing a couple beers later that day!
      Roll eyes Big grin

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Morning everyone...... You deserve the bragging Arla.....that is quite an awesome pace you had for that mileage! Leslie, enjoy your alone time. Although my hub has never gone on a solo vacation, he does occasionally go for a 3 or 4 day getaway with his guy friends. I love it......alone time that is! How are you feeling? Joe, what a great feeling to have all them miles under your belt. Congrats to you.....blow them dang pictures up will ya? They are too small to see. Put up a half dozen or so, that way we can see ALL the red shirts. Evryday, seems like your weather was just in the 70's not too long ago. Be careful out there slippin' and slidin' in that snow. Nice 12 miler you had the other day! Carol, glad you got to get out for a walk. Hope you got that run in as well and glad you are feeling better! Im doing the Melbourne to Beaches Music Marathon. It is the first of its kind here in town. Just a 15 min. drive from the house. THAT is the only reason I signed up for this particular one. I really don't like all the hoopla attached to some races. Now that Dances with Dirt series, THAT's the kinda hoopla I like. Just plain ole fun and not so dang serious. Having said that, I do have some competiveness in me and really do want to do well in every race I choose. Now......if only I can get over this 10 mile LR. Nice article Kelly......you'll have some nice goals for '09 to work on as well as picking out some races. You really are a terrific runner. I know you're glad that school is winding down. I know I am! Hope Jim and Lynda are enjoying some "me" time and getting in some runs as well. We miss you Cindy! Today's weather calls for a sunny 82*. What's a girl to do? Actually, I have a hair appointment right after work for a trim and holiday highlights! Wink Don't tell anyone.....then off to my LAST friggin speech class. Later guys n' gals.......Jewels
        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
          Jewels - Almost done with school - for awhile. Yea! Re highlights - I'm in desperate need. Which reminds me, at my aunt's house, we got to talking about hair. She couldn't believe that I don't dye mine and that I didn't have any gray hair yet. Cripes, I'm only 42! (almost 43). Told her, nope. This dirt blond color is me. Very dreary. Definitely needs a lift. Joe - Yeah, blow up those pics! Smile Couldn't find any clean Injinji socks this a.m., so what's a girl to do, except plant her butt on the couch instead of running (I don't run without my Injinjis). But I did start a load of laundry, so I'll have clean socks for tomorrow's scheduled 5-miler. Feeling really good. Almost all residual soreness is gone. Still waiting for the official results, then will do my race report. In the meantime, I leave you with my Christmas card to you: Ames Family Christmas Card

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Thanks for the word on the gels, all. The take home message seems to be "everyone's different", and I'll just have to hope my learning curve isn't too ugly! Evryday - cold wind snow blechhhh. that would definitely be treadmill weather for me. I'll take triple digits anytime Tongue Jewels and Leslie - you're makin' me jealous, I need to make some time to get my hair done for the holidays... Joe - No, I wasn't sore a bit after 20, but I was trying to take it easy, partly because it's supposed to be training, and partly because I was worried about finishing! Oh, and I forgot to say neener neener neener and E-A-G-L-E-S .... Cool Now get out there and kick some Cowboy butt! Shout out to Cindy... This week and next are finals, so just when things are hard for the students, they start to lighten up for the instructors. Makes for an interesting dynamic from my point of view, as students become stressed and panicky, and I'm just thinking, "Oh boy, it's holiday time, I gotta remember to pick up some eggnog" Evil grin Arla

Ex runner

This week and next are finals, so just when things are hard for the students, they start to lighten up for the instructors. Makes for an interesting dynamic from my point of view, as students become stressed and panicky, and I'm just thinking, "Oh boy, it's holiday time, I gotta remember to pick up some eggnog" Evil grin Arla
              I say spike it and drink it in front of them! Big grin

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Okay - I know I just posted, but I just got the results from the race: Distance: 30k (18.41 miles) Time: 3:51:36 OA: 56 out of 102 (runners/walkers) Six of the finishers were early starters Sex: 26/50 Age: 4/9 (actually 10, but the last 2 tied) Big grin Big grin Big grin Desert High Pic

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Now get out there and kick some Cowboy butt!
                  Shocked Well... I never! Surprised
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

neener neener neener
                    Nice Arla, thanks a lot! BTW, you don't have to remind me, because it's as simple as "ABC". As in: Anybody But Cowboys (sorry Evryday) Leslie- Funny card! I love JibJab stuff! Nice race pics and pace too!!! You rawk!! ps; I can't seem to bring myself to pay over $35 for a 5x7 race pic!?!?The teenyweenies I can copy for free.

over $35 for a 5x7 race pic!?!?
                      Whaaaaa?!?!? Shocked Shocked That's highway robbery! I get an 8x10 for $16. Hmmmm - can you download the teenie weenies onto a CD then somehow blow them up? Your the IT person - come on, man! Figure it out! Big grin

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

They're on to us Leslie. They know the game. So what they do is pixelate the pictures so they are blurry if enlarged. I'm working on something tho...... Evil grin

Your the IT person - come on, man! Figure it out! Big grin
                          You tell 'em Leslie! Great pic and great race stats. You really did super well. Got my hair done! I really like it...... Jewels
                            I'm working on something tho...... Evil grin
                            I am so turning you in...... Big grin
                              They're on to us Leslie. They know the game. I'm working on something tho...... Evil grin
                              I could put you in touch with my physicist uncle I visited this past weekend. He worked on all types of top secret stuff during his tenure as a contract worker for the government. He knows people who know people who don't tell about the people they know . . . if you know what I mean.

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Nice Arla, thanks a lot! BTW, you don't have to remind me, because it's as simple as "ABC". As in: Anybody But Cowboys (sorry Evryday)
                                OK....that hurts, that really hurts.........gloves are off! 35 Bucks! That is steep. But, hey, even photographers gotta make a living....he/she probably has a little baby that needs formula or some diapers....or maybe he/she needs a new digital camera...they aint cheap! Big grin Hey, I'll pitch in $5 towards Joes 5x7.