Masters Running

Wed Feb 4 Runs and etc (Read 534 times)

dg.

Thunderbolter has been located!
    YAY! I've missed him too. Ok, SR. get yourself a hat too while you're at it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

I wonder what Ribs wanted to say, but didn't Big grin (ok, not really funny I know) But you guys don't really know what he had to put up with, while he was coaching me for my first Marathon last Nov Roll eyes...huh Ribs Tammy, my foot feels excellent..actually the best it has in months. I know I know I know, but I will get back to what I was doing, taking it easy...but happy to know I haven't lost all my speed Cool TimBo GGTK

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I am off to buy a dress. I tried one on over the weekend that looked nice on me but it was a 6. I think I am probably a 7, so the Saint is going to help me pick something out that is stylish and shows off my slim figure while also giving me a bit more room around the chest. More on this tomorrow.
        You wear a size 7 dress?? Just picture this little guy Evil grin as green with envy. BTW, one that has a nice wrap around feature really brings out the waist line without making you look too wide in the hips, although this is obviously not a problem for you. Evil grin And if it has a plunging or semi-plunging neckline, don't forget to jazz things up a bit with some nice chunky jewelery. (I'm channeling my inner Stacy London for you.)

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

-35C this morning so Erika I ran on the treadmill (I am getting weak).
          Oh well, Tall... it happens to the best of us. Big grin Good workout, and I'm glad you're back with us. Deb, funny Lutheran comment. Almost as funny as a book my mom (a Lutheran minister's daughter) had called "Scandinavian Humor, and Other Myths." Hilarious picture of some very dour looking older women in hairnets on the cover... I must not be Lutheran enough cuz I just can't do the early morning workout thing. TimBo... I agree with everything Tammy said. Craneium, that's very good news. Thanks for the update on your dad. I'll RAW, goal is 9, but like Tall, it'll probably be a TM run. Was thinking about packing up all my stuff and schlepping it to the office for an after work outdoor run, but I'm just tired of that whole process. It's colder today, too (-35°F this morning) and while I think I dress well enough to stay warm, I'm just weary of the whole thing. Feels like a copout, I was really trying to keep the string of Wednesday MLR outdoor runs going, but I'll be back out there this weekend (warming up a bit!).

Renee the dog

2.3 out of my 5 miles done for today. Running around here sometimes is just plain uncomfortable! I was stinkin' hot and freezing cold at the same time, and decided to do the rest of my run after the sun has set. Technically it is 30°F with a "real feel" of 22°... but the spread felt more like 55° on my back and 10° my front when running north, and the opposite running south. I think I needed to switch directions every block to possibly average out my body temperature (why didn't I think of that while out there?) Confused So, 2.7 more to go at 5 p.m. Tomorrow I will not ignore my alarm! Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

2.3 out of my 5 miles done for today. Running around here sometimes is just plain uncomfortable! I was stinkin' hot and freezing cold at the same time, and decided to do the rest of my run after the sun has set. Technically it is 30°F with a "real feel" of 22°... but the spread felt more like 55° on my back and 10° my front when running north, and the opposite running south. I think I needed to switch directions every block to possibly average out my body temperature (why didn't I think of that while out there?) Confused So, 2.7 more to go at 5 p.m. Tomorrow I will not ignore my alarm! Wink
              serpentine, serpentine!
                6.3 miles, 38F, partly sunny, very slow. Had a bit of a tummy ache so quit after six, the original plan was for 10 with 2 or 3 miles at HMP near the end. Saw the 80 yr old guy on the trail, he gave me a big smile. Smile He is not much slower than I am. Sad

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

Red, spaghetti strap with red high heels is the thing now days! Just thinking of SRLopez and his family. Send Tobias my way if you need help... Big grin No run yet, but it is sunny outside and yours truly will take off from work early to enjoy the sun and do sun hurry up meters around the hood.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Not only did Thunderbolter have poetic posts, but he also apparently ran in a different universe than most of us. I always loved his pictures that he "took" during his runs.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Oh, Tim, Tim, Tim.... Big grin What's the world coming to when the crazy Canuck runs on a treadmill? Surprised Spareribs, post a pic of you in your new dress so we can really get elevated heartrates! Clowning around I was workin' on my tan today... 5 easy miles at lunchtime, 65 degrees and sunny! Cool

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

I’ve been busy with life; fortunately this is a cutback week for me. My plan was for a shorter 4-mile tempo as part of today’s 8-mile run. Since I’m running a local 4-mile race on Sunday, I thought I’d open it up today and see if I was ready to go after last year’s PR time of 28:14 (the only 4-mile race I’ve ever done). So I warmed up, ran hard for four miles by feel, and then looked at my watch: 28:14. Big grin I had to laugh.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oh, Tim, Tim, Tim.... Big grin
                          I've been at work now for 13 hours, and have about an hour or so to go....I really needed that Wink Big grin Managing a Collision Center when the weather is bad - like it is right now, is hard....but lov it though. Ok, will try a 15 miler after work tonight Roll eyes TimmiBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Top 'O the World!

I was workin' on my tan today... 5 easy miles at lunchtime, 65 degrees and sunny! Cool
                            An' visitors think it's from skiing! Big grin
                            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Marathon Maniac #3309

I’ve been busy with life; fortunately this is a cutback week for me. My plan was for a shorter 4-mile tempo as part of today’s 8-mile run. Since I’m running a local 4-mile race on Sunday, I thought I’d open it up today and see if I was ready to go after last year’s PR time of 24:18 (the only 4-mile race I’ve ever done). So I warmed up, ran hard for four miles by feel, and then looked at my watch: 24:18. Big grin I had to laugh.
                              You ran 4 miles at 6:05 pace Shocked....WOW U's fast. I see your PR for a 5K is at 6:50 pace....you could blow that out of the water right now, great job Tramps.

Renee the dog

serpentine, serpentine!
                                Ah, and I hear Lightning McQueen when I read that! Finished up my 5 miles + a little more as my almost 5 yr old daughter came out to run her 1/4 mi. She's "training" for the kids races at Disney World in March. She wants a redo from a couple years ago when her grandmother (my MIL) insisted upon running with her and ended up holding her back. Roll eyes She's still mad about the announcer making that suggestion just before her race, and frankly I don't blame her! I told her since she's older the distance is double, and she's diligently running her 1/4 mi practices. Big grin We don't tell her she has to train. Just that if she wants to run, she needs to be ready at the end of one of our runs. She's bugging me to mine her lap out of my Garmin because, "It was my best run ever, Mom" so I have to go!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!