Masters Running

Wed Feb 4 Runs and etc (Read 534 times)

dg.

And good morning to you. Dg. Bill
    Good morning Bill. Oh, I almost qualified that. I hope you know... very sincerely, no disrespect was intended. He just made me laugh. He thinks I'm nuts getting up when I do.
      No disrespect taken. I laughed at it too. That's why I replied! LutherByll

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

-35C this morning so Erika I ran on the treadmill (I am getting weak). 2k warm up, 5K at 6:58 pace, HR at 118-135, 1 minute rest then 2nd 5K at 6:44 pace at 128-1:35hr, 1k cool down followed by core workout and stretching. Will now be monitoriing HR on all runs according to my new coach. Take care everyone. Working from home today as my youngest has the flu. Best Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Morning, all! ((((((((SRL and his Dad as well as Cranieum and his Dad)))))))))) thoughts and prayers for all of you. dg - nice workout this morning! DH let me sleep in this morning and then dealt with the white stuff all over the driveway while I did my treadmill run. 6.5 miles for me this morning, and I'm headed for the gym right now to do some core work and weights. Happy, healthy, good runs to all!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Slo

-35C this morning so Erika I ran on the treadmill (I am getting weak). 2k warm up, 5K at 6:58 pace, HR at 118-135, 1 minute rest then 2nd 5K at 6:44 pace at 128-1:35hr, 1k cool down followed by core workout and stretching. Will now be monitoriing HR on all runs according to my new coach.
            Very nice running !

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Lou - you should have ended your post with TTFN. Smile Tim, Tim, Tim ..... Tight lipped Tight lipped Just call me lazy! I totally overslept this morning.... which was probably a good thing as my car thermometer was reading -4° as I drove to work. Hope to get a run in this evening. dg - I can relate to the husbands comments - we must be nuts. Nice run this morning!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

No disrespect taken. I laughed at it too. That's why I replied! LutherByll
                I'm glad. Smile Tall, it's nice to have you back.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim, Tim, Tim ..... Tight lipped Tight lipped Just call me lazy! I totally overslept this morning.... which was probably a good thing as my car thermometer was reading -4° as I drove to work.
                  Tammy always adds an "oh" before the Tim Tim Tim Big grin Mary, I see a slacker trend here....yesterday it was - "This morning would have been a pretty morning for a run. 2" of new light pretty snow - just the way I like it - but I opted for some much needed sleep instead. ~Mary "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars" ~ Les Brown http:www.rawleypointkennel.com" Hummmmm Tongue Smile TimBo GGTK...and Tampster too Wink

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

but the neurologist thinks that he will make a full recovery.
                    Such wonderful news, Craneium!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks to everyone for the advice yesterday. dg and lame, I believe I will take a cut back week next week. It fits with my schedule and I have no race plans or anything so there really is no reason not to do it. My resting HR was 48 this morning while ogling a picture of Spareribs - have to figure it would be at least 10 beats lower otherwise. I'm not sure what that means exactly but I will take it again tomorrow (sans the Ribs pic) and see what it is. I actually felt very good on my 6 mile TM run this morning (8:04 pace) so that is hopefully a good sign. I had a nice weight / rehab exercises session afterwards. Tim, I'm not going to say anything either aside from nice run. I hope you aren't too sore today. I personally think you should get a second opinion about the foot and keep up with your run/walk schedule as long as you aren't having any pain. lame, counting down the days to your shot! Tall, very nice workout this morning. It's good to see you back in action. I'm sure you have great things ahead of you. SR, sending thoughts and healing vibes to your Dad. I hope that his procedure is successful and that the other clot does not become a problem. It sounds like you will get to meet up with Ribs in March - very cool.

Once a runner . . .

Tim - The only time I Roll eyes was when you mentioned the woman. Is it fair to call you a bonehead in that respect? Or maybe I shouldn't be using the first half of that word. Big grin Now that you're cooled down, go back to your regularly scheduled program of run/walk and build slowly. Oh, and stay away from treadmills with wimmin on them! Cranium - Very happy to hear your dad's doing better. Lamerunner - I'll be curious to know how it goes with your shot. My dad had an MRI the other day in prep for a shot. He finally caved since his pain is getting so bad. Didn't you say that when you're DH got his, he wasn't allowed to drive and had to be careful for a day or two following the shot? If so, I need to try and talk my dad into staying at our house for a couple of days. I'm in the middle of a mini-taper with the Clam Beach Run coming up on Saturday. We're suppose to get rain tonight and tomorrow, but hopefully it's not so much that the creek crossing is armpit high. Anyway, 3 miles this a.m., and what a beautiful crisp, clear morning it was, with an absolutely stunning sunrise. 9:56/8:25/136 9:13/7:31/156 9:16/7:22/155 I feel like I'm really struggling through this mileage, but then when I get home and look at the numbers, they ain't so bad. The cold is definitely messing with my lungs and asthma, though. Yesterday for my 6 miles I had to use my inhaler numerous times, and today at least 3 times - both not counting the use before I leave the house. Evil grin

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Fatzi - my friend John was going to drive down for the Clam Beach run, but decided against it. That seems like a fun one to run sometime though. TimOh TimOh TimOh - I, too, didn't start the eyerolling until I read about the woman. I'm glad your adrenaline and testosterone filled moment of lunacy didn't harm things, but in my opinion (because like Crany said, you will get opinions if post it) you pushed the envelope and were spared this time. You've spent the last few months getting smart about your injury rehab, so don't go and blow it now (said in my nicest and most caring voice). Oh, and find a few doc or 2nd opinion. If this one said you are no where near ready to run and the spur needs to be shaved, and yet you just went out and ran 10 fast miles, then I'd be a bit pissed too and want another opinion. You are still a GGTK Wink How is the heel and AT feeling today? We are supposed to have another sunny, upper 50's day here, so I might take off an early from work and get in a run. Having lunch with Rindaroo and John today at our favorite pizza place. Later! FormerLutherTammy who will still have a good day Big grin

Tammy

King of PhotoShop

I sure do enjoy seeing strong workouts. Perch had a great tempo run, SLO had a very nice programmed run, and Tall is using that HRM to advantage. I am really glad to see that Frank. It will help your comeback in a safe way. I'm also happy to see that Bill had a careful recovery after those nice repeats yesterday. Craneium, that's very encouraging. You know we are all interested in how he is coming along. I did 4.1 sproinky today, followed by a stretching and then a core workout at the Y. Heart rate through it all was satisfactorily low, until I opened my wallet to pay for my coffee at Starbucks and there of course was my picture of jdmom. Once I saw that the HR shot up for about ten minutes. I think I am okay now though. Thunderbolter has been located! I am off to buy a dress. I tried one on over the weekend that looked nice on me but it was a 6. I think I am probably a 7, so the Saint is going to help me pick something out that is stylish and shows off my slim figure while also giving me a bit more room around the chest. More on this tomorrow. Spareribs

#artbydmcbride

Spareribs, be sure to pick out something in red...you know you didn't like how you look in a yellow dress.

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

Thunderbolter has been located!
                                Good news! I've missed his poetic posts.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."