Masters Running

Monday, May 2nd. And there was great rejoicing. (Read 532 times)

[[[[[[twocat and OM spouses]]]]]]]]]]

HOLLY!!!!!!........Yowsa/////

PBJ>>>>faked me out////

======

...er..

....Rest Day...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Two cat......That is quite a story.    The New York Times for quite a while after 9-11 ran stories of people and the miracles that happened on that day.   The death toll was great, but it certainly could have been greater.   I was there two weeks after, as a counselor to the families of victims and workers in the complex who were sifting through the debris and finding bodies.    Per chance, Mayor Rudi Guilianni came through to inspect and encourage the workers.   It was just dusk as he walked through the area and I had the impulse to take his picture since I had my camera.   I pushed the camera as close to him as possible and snapped the picture....FLASH!.   The light startled everyone.  You have never seen anyone flinch  and move as fast as the Mayor and his body guards did.......I was embarrassed that it had happened and apologized to the Mayer.   He just laughed and said....."You have to realize that we are all a little jumpy these days.......Thanks for being here to help".  As you said Two Cat......he did a marvelous job of leadership in the midst of the tragedy.

3.67 miles despite breathing problems from the pollen that is doing a number on me these last couple of days.

Vista
      lamerunner

Holly, that is great!!!

Vista, thanks for being there.

And as for DD, I hope she grows up and keeps her head on straight. She spent a couple of hours in my office finishing up the forms which had to be sent in to college.   Reminder how young and naive she really still is. She is taking out small loans and was quite befuddled by the process. She does not know what a promissory note is.... and I am a bankruptcy lawyer. Is that good or bad???

Today was not the day but I will give her a loan 101 lesson someday soon. I think we faxed in all that was required, at least for today, then I called the clents I had to call.    Now going home. DH gets major points for suggesting take out.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Just popping in to say:

YAY HOLLY!!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, can't wait to hear all about your new job!

Lame, good luck to your DD.  We're having a hard time with  our DD being so far away at college - we really miss her.  She's got a summer job at school too, so she'll only be home for about two weeks in June.  We raised her to be independent, but didn't count on her going so far away  .Sad And my DH will be away for work most of the time she's home, so he's really sad.  We'll just have to go to Ithaca and visit her later in the summer.

Cindy, congrats on the marathon PR!  I'll have to pop over to the 40-50-60 thread to read your RR!

Planning a RAW.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

me again...briefly Wink

Congratulations Holly!! I hope it's a "right shoe" for you!

Very thought provoking thread today...now that I finally got to read most of it!

& Adorable PUPPY pictures! Approve

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Maniac 505

Holly.  so excited for your new job,  tell us more.

Mari.  So happy for you and the family,  tell us more about the win (1ST Overall!!!  Amazing!!!)  and the whole family races!!!

wet wet rainy day today,  didn't do the long run that I am over due for,  I'm back on nights tomorrow. 

RE: my job, It looks like maybe the congress critters will not be too tough on my job, they are running out of time.  3 weeks left in the special session,  It looks like the Union busting legislation might fall by the wayside in the next couple weeks,  but 4 very senior co-workers saw the writing on the wall and just quit Washington State Ferries.  

They are in China right now.  They are taking delivery of a new construction oil rig heading for brazil.  their schedule is one month work, one month home.   $160,000/year.

It is tempting to interview, go for the interview,, and it could happen,  but I really like going home every night.   Hmmmm

Congrats on the PR, MTNchk1!! Nicely done!

Yay, Holly!!!!

PUPPIES!!!!!

6.7 sluggish miles after work today.  I think I need to up the mid day carbs a tad.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Ended up going to yoga this evening after all. The class atmosphere was rather subdued for a change, and that was totally fine with me. It's been a rather introspective sort of day.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr

Thank you for the quote, OM.  Gives pause for thought.

I saw my therapist this afternoon, and after a tough session, I've decided to take this coming Friday and Monday off work.  I'm just really tired these days, and it seems to be getting worse.  With all the crap that's going on, I take one step forward just to get shoved two steps back.  Getting up in the mornings has been a struggle, I can't concentrate at work, I have no interest in fixing food. Just Dead.  I'm hoping a few days of "me" time will help pull me out of this funk, 'cause woman cannot live on brownies and Cheerios alone.

So now it's off to a nice hot shower then bed so I can hopefully force myself up in the a.m. to work out.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance