Masters Running

Good Thursdays to you all (Read 511 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Add another item to the list of things that can go wrong on a run: a putrid deer carcass, festering in the swampy heat.

I saw two dead rats on the pavement along the river boardwalk.  No idea what killed them - looked like they had been smashed, sort of.  This on top what I would call the underlying stinky city smell - rotting trash and stinky pavement.  I don't know exactly, but I'm sorry to say that New Orleans smells a lot worse in the early morning than it did last night, when the cooking smells predominated...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Well, I definitely did not plan this race weekend well at all. I figured I'd drive up, get my race packet, find a motel close by, grab something to eat and go to bed. Nope. Nobody was at the place my directions sent me to then I reread the information and it said that the friday runners pick their stuff up in the morning. The only motel I could find that I could afford is an hour away! I ate late, and I'm really tired. But, it's still going pretty good with the kid, so I'm not going to complain...much. I think it's going to be colder than I had expected it to be and I'm going to be running slower than I usually do, so I'm trying to figure all of that out, too. I guess I'll just take everything and decide when I get there. Okay, I'm just rambling...sorry...I'll check in tomorrow...if I make it.
      HermosaBoy

I guess I'll just take everything and decide when I get there. Okay, I'm just rambling...sorry...I'll check in tomorrow...if I make it.

As the shirt says, Shut up and run!!!

You will do great!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks, Rob--I needed that!

When is Tammy's death, I mean marathon?

06/18 TammyinGP - Grandma's Marathon, Duluth, MN

Rest day for me & loving it!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mariposai

MikeE,,,your race will be grand, but the greatest thing is the good time you are having with your son!

Do they make a blanket like that for humans?...cute dog, twocat. Your sister in law must have the patience of Methuselah to own and train that many dogs.

Happy to see that Holly is having fun in her conference. Are you learning much Blush

Rob, you are doing a great job with the boys. I admire you and the role model you have been to your kids! Tough love is hard to give, but at times it is needed...Approve

My son sent me a text message today...mama...mama...ran 18 miles today (finally I can breathe again!!! I was begin to wonder how we are going to cover 26.2 miles in three weeks if he has not ran anything longer than 14 miles...then again...this marathon is for the fun. His first one in Poland took him 6 hours...with much less training. There is hope for us to finish the Seattle Rock and Roll in sub 6.)

This marathon is for the memory, not for time and we will have fun. I am glad that divechief will be there to dance and run with us at every music stop). Sorry that dove won't be able to make it! I hope to see that taperboy, francesca and Enkie during that weekend as well.

Long day hard day at work today. One of those days that it makes you tired just looking at the schedule before you even start. I am just glad I had  a brake  for a breather at around 11am my time....I sure took advantage of the free time to  do something "special" just for meCool. I must say...it was the best part of my day!

2 miles at the gym, plus core...got to keep on working on the six pack! I love post marathon laziness!

I wonder how lazy Erika has been this week...knowing her...NOT!(and that is why she is so much faster than the average butterfly Smile)

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

My son sent me a text message today...mama...mama...ran 18 miles today (finally I can breathe again!!!

Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E. glad to hear things are going better than expected with your DS.  Who knows, maybe he just has to get away from his peers to act human?

Tramps and Holly S. ok, ok no more road kill stories!  My imagination is not happy about imagining what that smell was like!  Dead

Mariposai congratulations to your DS.  Wait until the 20 mile text comes in!

hermosaboy I am in a coma.  Where have you been?  Big grin

hopeful4ever true kids + puppy = two very happy critters!

mainerunnah good luck with the race!  A Friday night race is pretty unusual around here.

I am still comatose and hoping to avoid another elliptical slide.  I am going for a test run later.  Wish me luck!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

HermosaBoy

hermosaboy I am in a coma.  Where have you been?  Big grin

I would say it's from the elyptical.  For me, it starts with my feet and then progresses to my head whenever I spend more than 2.5 seconds on one.

I've been here all along...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob