Masters Running

Friday -- 5/27 -- And a long weekend for many.. (Read 606 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good luck racers this weekend!  Looks like a good Michigan turnout!

Twocat.. you just flew in and you have all that to do?  I'm tired just thinking of it.

Got in 5.82 miles (two loops of the Duke XC trail). It was too warm to do more. Everybody was struggling in the humdity this morning.

Here's some before and after photos of my Master Bath remodel. First time I've built a tile shower from scratch.

No more carpeted bathroom and 9 foot mirror!  Guess it's time to move Smile

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/lateboomer/Bath%20remodel%202011/?albumview=slideshow

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

evanflein

Nice job, Steve! Too bad you can't stick around to enjoy it. Oh well, you can do it again, right?

Yay for getting your yard mowed, Leslie! Big grin  Karin's right, you do slip some good ones in there.

Absolutely adorable puppies. They sure have that B-A-B-Y look about them, don't they?

3.5 miles at lunchtime, nice easy effort but it sure was warm out there! I don't think we're going to break the record like the forecast was saying (record is 82° set last year), but it might happen. It's almost 78° out there now, and humidity is down to 19%. Should be like this all weekend, too. I ended my run at the gym parking lot where DH had left my bag with indoor shoes in the trunk of the car. Got in a good sweaty 20 minutes on weights before heading back to work.

I try.

Perch - Nice work! I would kill for a bathroom 1/3 of that size.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

So Walt, run with me and we can take turns splashing cold water at each other. 

That's because he's the only one here who can keep up with you...Wink

Lamerunner - that sounds delish!

Heme - I hope it turns out to be phantom pains and shakes out tomorrow for you.

Perch - great remodel!  And a huge bathroom, too!

8 miles for me this morning on the TM.  Short day at work, but lots of errands and marathon grocery trip after.  I finally took the time to sit down and organize my coupons and grocery ad.  Well worth it, as I had $34 in coupons, saved $75 overall with the sale prices, spending a total of $176.  Smile

DS comes home from his Washington DC trip tonight, supposed to arrive at 11pm or so.  I'll lay down for a bit until he calls.

What a great racing weekend - good luck!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

So the high temperature for Monday has gone up to 85 degrees...oh joy! So Walt, run with me and we can take turns splashing cold water at each other. 

Pssssssst...hey Karin? The race is on Sunday.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

05/28 Hemerocallus - Sulfur Springs 50K

05/28 Dave59 - Bayshore 10k, Traverse City, MI

05/28 dg - Bayshore Marathon, Traverse City, MI

05/28 Breger1 - Bayshore 10K, Traverse City, MI

05/28 C-R - Geist HM, Fishers IN

05/28 hopeful4ever - Old Fashioned Days 10K, Fruitport, MI

05/29 daddyo - Marathon, 4:00 Pace Bunny - Ottawa, ON

05/29 CNYrunner - Memorial Day Half-Marathon, Lenox, MA (Tanglewood)

05/29 MilkTruck - Pineland Farms Trail Festival 50K, New Glouster, ME

05/29 mtnchk1 - Arkansas River Bluegrass HM, Salida, CO

05/30 Ileneforward - Laguna Hills Half Marathon, Laguna Hills CA

05/30 fussyrunner - Cotton Row, Huntsville AL

05/30 Mike E - Brian Kraft Memorial 5K, Minneapolis, MN

Good luck everyone.  I get to run an easy 10k,

then stand around and watch all the half and full marathon finishers.  And then I get to meet some forum legends in person.

thanks dave (and ilene) for keeping us up-to-date on the racers both recreational and competitive, and both.

Maybe she's already doing it but Francesca is supposed to be over in Florence visiting relatives and running the 100K Passatore Ridge Run Endurance Race between several mountain villages in the Dolomites or somewhere.  Yep, it's the one she saw many years ago before she knew anything about running but so many people were doing it that she decided then and there that she could do it too someday.  After frequenting the 5-10K fun runs and an annual nearby marathon (BELATED EDIT - WHOOPS, I MEAN HALF MARYS) for a couple years around Seattle, she innocently asked me, as if it were but another little fun run, if I knew of any 100K's she could run. This year's Passatore will be her 28th ultra in the last three years (plus 24 marathons too). fantastico francecsa, . . . and everyone else. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

WOw, steve, you are amazing at remodeling!!! When is the moving date?

Happy taperboy sighting around here. Great to see  you see Tetsujin!

2 easy miles at the gym plus 200 crunches, did some rowing, upper body weight lifting, etc.

On the way home I talked myself into making homemade pizza tonight. With fresh basil and oregano in my garden I could not resist the temptation!! I am experimenting with a new recipe with half whole wheat and half white flour...wish me luck!

Who is bringing the beer?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai

Maybe she's already doing it but Francesca is supposed to be over in Florence visiting relatives and running the 100K Passatore Ridge Run Endurance Race between several mountain villages in the Dolomites or somewhere.  Yep, it's the one she saw many years ago before she knew anything about running but so many people were doing it that she decided then and there that she could do it too someday.  After frequenting the 5-10K fun runs and an annual nearby marathon for a couple years around Seattle, she innocently asked me, as if it were but another little fun run, if I knew of any 100K's she could run. This year's Passatore will be her 28th ultra in the last three years (plus 24 marathons too). fantastico francecsa, . . . and everyone else. 

Go Francesca go!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Perch, what a beautiful bathroom remodel! Sounds like you're moving north at the right time to avoid the H&H.

Leslie - Have fun getting your yard mowed! Blush    Wink   Snork...

I did my RAW at home in the mountains tonight for two reasons:  (1) I forgot my socks, and thought I might get blisters running in shoes without socks (barefoot wouldn't work on the dirt trails I like) and (2) it was verging on too hot in town - 70°.   It was 50° at home, IRC, and there was the added bonus that I could take Taz and Ladybug with me.  I think 50° is not IRC for dogs, but I let them take a snowbank break to push their faces into the snow and roll around.  Cracks me up.   Wish I had a video camera - almost as cute as Mary's puppy pictures!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Nice job Perch!!!!

SteveP

Pssssssst...hey Karin? The race is on Sunday.

Whoops....Sunday! I meant Sunday, really and truly. Smile Did you see the e-mail from the race organizers about additional water stops and how they'll let entrants move down to shorter races? Don't think it will be THAT bad.

Go Francesca! 

BRUINS!