Masters Running

Sunday, Sunday -- SUNDAY!!!! (Read 572 times)

HermosaBoy

Feeding the dog and getting ready for a run.

How's everyone else doing?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 miles.Mostly walking.Recovery day.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning!. I'm just waking up in another motel room, trying to get caught up with everything on here, wishing that I could comment on and thank everybody for their support. I can't even remember, now, who made the comment about us being afraid to tell people that we love them....well, I'm not...I love you all...my new brothers and sisters! Oh--I do have to tell you one thing--as I was running these last two days, I saw a few deer carcasses on the side of the road--they were old and didn't stink--but everytime I saw one I envisioned Tramp's avatar--and those big feet--casually lying there with each one of them. I know--kind of dumb--but it put a smile on my face and made it a whole lot easier to run. Anyway--that's it--have a great day! Oh--hold on--we're going to be driving through Nebraska--is there anything to see...a big ball of string...anything?
        SteveP

Oh--hold on--we're going to be driving through Nebraska--is there anything to see...a big ball of string...anything?

Corn and strippers.

SteveP

I can't even remember, now, who made the comment about us being afraid to tell people that we love them....well, I'm not...I love you all...my new brothers and sisters!

That was Ms. Posie Lady.  (And I know it's suppose to be "Posai," but I like "Posie." Smile )

As for How Everyone's Doing - I desperately need a workout today, but I also need to get a ton of transcription done, and right now I desperately need to find my brain.  I slept in and it's totally and completely groggy.  And what the he!! happened to my hair overnight?? Lordy!! Shocked  I think I cracked my mirror.

Okay - Off to get some coffee . . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Posie is just fine with me, miss fattozigg. Joking

Call me lazy posie today. Still in bed. I am having fun doing a search on ultra light, waterproof jackets and pants. We will need a good one for our upcoming hike in August. Any sugestions?

I will run a few miles in the heat today. After being cooked last weekend and seeing how well Erika handled the hit I decided to do more runs in the heat of the day so I can teach my body how to run in the heat. 

I am planning to order one of those pool running flotation divise. Any suggestion on the brand.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey MikeE, if you're driving through Nebraska does that mean you're coming through Colorado, or are you just driving on I-80?  I heard a country song once called "I'd hate to wake up sober in Nebraska."  Nuff said.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

HermosaBoy

Mike, you taking the scenic route back?  Wink

14.55 miles this morning a bit faster than planned.  Very comfortable the whole time -- so that is encouraging. 

No goal races for a while, so we will have to wait and see how this solid training cycle plays out.  Overall, I am feeling more positive about my fitness than I have in quite a while.  Big grin  Cool

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I am planning to order one of those pool running flotation divise. Any suggestion on the brand.

Posie - This is the one I use at our community pool.  They also have this one,  but I've never used it.  My only complaint about the first one is I have to cinch it up fairly snug so that it doesn't  work its way up my rib cage.  It's a fine line between getting it tight enough but not too tight.  If you plan to use it while at a community pool, see if they have some you can test out.  Also, if they have the belts, you can probably use them at no charge.  It would be part of the fee of using the pool.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Hi guys!

Mari.. I'm too cheap to buy this but it is the best for pool running:

http://www.aqxsports.com/

(I do have their water running shoes... they REALLY work)

cloudy and breezy 58° (IRC) at 10:30 am!

Nice comfortable 9 mile run on the soft surface Clinton River Trail in 1:16:20 (8:29)
                      The sound of rapids,sights of  bunnnies scurrying off the path, a pond with a snowy white erget and a gaggle of Canada geese, a scenic river overlook with a park bench nestled under the canopy of trees.... other than that, just a normal run

Did I say I like Rochester?

We used to like in Chapel Hill NC and that is where James Taylor calls home (grew up there).

In Rochester MI, Eminem calls it home...

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

14.55 miles this morning a bit faster than planned.

Me, too...12 rolling miles, 8:05 m/m.

Tramps

We used to like in Chapel Hill NC and that is where James Taylor calls home (grew up there).

In Rochester MI, Eminem calls it home...

Perch--I'm not sure what that suggests but it's funny for some reason.  (But I thought James Taylor lived on Martha's Vineyard?) DaveinAA?  Cool!  Tell him I still run to some of his mixes from time to time.

I confess our early record-setting heat spell and Perch's move northward has me asking my DW, "Remind me again: why do we live in the South?"  Both of our jobs have changed such that we could probably do them from almost anywhere now.  And real estate prices are still high here, while they're lower elsewhere and development's booming...and it's getting more crowded.... and we miss winter sports....and....and... Roll eyes

Mike—congrats on that very impressive double!  Glad to hear the thought of my carcass by the side of the road put a smile on your face...I think.

Carolyn—see, I knew you could do it!

Good to see Walt checking in!  Speedy as usual.

Laid-back, clean-up my office a bit, sort of day.  No running.  Looking for a cabin to rent in northern New England for a week in July…needs to be on a lake so DW can keep training.  Tough day. Wink

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave, you just keep getting better.  Mike, congrats on your 2nd marathon.  It sounds like your trip with your son continues to go well.  lame, congrats to your daughter on her graduation.  derrick, nice 5K.

Nice long runs for Dave, perch (with dAAve), BTY, opie, and hermosa.

This morning, it was in the low 50s and there was a light wind.  I got in 4 miles in 38:38 for a 9:39 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Congratulations, Mike!!!  I read your post earlier, but I'm falling back on the part where I said I was looking for my brain.  Not much was registering.  Two marathons in two days.  Very impressive, young man.  Very impressive, indeed.

Tselbs - Sounds like ideal weather for run. 

Guess what I did just a little while ago?  I washed my car.  And why is that significant?  Because I did it sans crutch. Big grin

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Corn and strippers.

I think you mean "huskers."   Or maybe not......Big grin

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM