Masters Running

Do any of you follow any of the Dopple Bock threads? (Read 261 times)

Bushrat Runner

Because there is a guy here that is an absolute beast. He is Master's age, he's my size (big), he runs a freakish amount of miles (seriously...he peaked at 201...that's right, 201 miles in one week...a few weeks back preparing for today's FAN24), and he is fast (compared to me, but then most people are...but not most people my size...they are usually about my speed...not this guy...).

He's out chasing a place on the US ultra team right now, thread at:

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/0fa46cbae4e2428c8a1d8edbe46baf2b/4

and his blog is:

http://a-big-horse.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

rhoon - congratulations on a great book signing.

I'll order an autographed copy and check it around with the local book stores maybe for something around Seattle Marathon time in November..

However, I think you better write a running one too.

that "Big Horse" guy almost makes you normal up there.

Is he seasonal or just in strong shape from snowshoeing in the winter?

Do you?

ps - there's a regular size one in Southeast too but long after my day.
      http://akrunning.blogspot.com/

They go about three times further into the mountains than we ever did.

http://juneauempire.com/local/2011-08-25/no-man-left-behind

Especially up there, you gotta have an understanding family

and it sounds like you do.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

In addition to being an impressive runner, he is also a heck of nice guy!  Good luck at FANS Mike!

HermosaBoy

A very nice guy.

Alas, it was not his day.  Fighting a cold and I think a knee issue.  Last I heard he was projected to finish third.  A bit short of his mileage goal, but still a VERY solid performance.

Speaking of FANS -- some of you may know JohnMaas.  He won the 12 hour race on his birthday and we believe that he set a national 50+ record for most miles with 84.56.  I ran the last 4 loops with him and he was cruising!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

xor

Speaking of FANS -- some of you may know JohnMaas.  He won the 12 hour race on his birthday and we believe that he set a national 50+ record for most miles with 84.56.  I ran the last 4 loops with him and he was cruising!!!

No kidding.  Talk about an understatement... here is what John posted elsewhere: "Was a late entry for the 12 hour event. Just came out and ran. The afternoon got a bit warm, but had a good day. "

Heh.

Dopple Bock (Mike, Michael, Mikey) is a super guy who has represented the US at the International level.  Cool stuff.

HermosaBoy

No kidding.  Talk about an understatement... here is what John posted elsewhere: "Was a late entry for the 12 hour event. Just came out and ran. The afternoon got a bit warm, but had a good day. "

Yeah, he signed up on Monday because his wife was going to run the Minneapolis Half Marathon today.  He's got a nice hilly trail 50k on July 7th -- animal...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Marathon Maniac #957

He prolly knocked out a nice hilly 50k in the time it takes me to run 10 miles.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."