Masters Running

Wed Dec 17 Master Runs and etc. (Read 451 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks for your story Tselbs! That is priceless and I love that all the nails are still there. But sleeping with your head on them??? NoNo - I hope you mum is okay! Enjoy that run, enjoy that run, enjoy that run .....

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Nono, best wishes to your mom!! I hope it was just a one-day problem. As planned, I went to the Y with DS and did another 3.1 miles on the TM. I swear the new ones they've installed say I'm going slower than I really am!! It's kind of frustrating.
        Just heard this on the radio from Dr. Dean Adele re red eye when taking pictures: Child - If one eye is red and the other is white, the child needs to be taken to the doctor immediately. There is a high probability that he/she has a rare tumor that, if caught earlier enough, there is a good chance he/she will survive. Adult - If one eye is red and the other is black a. The black eye can be slightly crossed b. The person is diabetic and has a lot of blood flowing through there c. There is a bad cataract d. Can’t remember the 4th thing. However, unless the eye is crossed, it is doubtful the person has vision in that eye.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

A short 3.1 this morning 15 deg F no wind actually felt quite pleasant. I shifted things around so I could run mid morning. Keeping midweek runs short until I get the green light from the old bod. I don't log my shoes but if I pull the insoles out and can feel very much of a dent they go to the leisure pile. 2 brands of socks I love: relatively inexpensive synthetic are the Ultimax's by Wigwam, and more expensive for special occasions when I don't want to overwhelm anyone with foot odor Wink or in colder temps or very long hikes Smartwool is the undisputed champ for me. Good stories here.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Speaking of Canadians, has anyone heard from Tall?
            Yes, where is Tall? And Steve?
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #3309

No time to post today...but I did read everyone's posts, ok. If I am absent for a while...well, I am absent a while. Non running really really sucks...did I mention, really really sucks. And the news gets even worse... Thanks to each and every one of you....you all ROCK...I, not so much... Tet, thanks...you put a smile on my face, really!!! Is wanting to run really soooo bad....seems so right now... T Due to my reaction to the pool water, NO more pool running or swimming...that is great, huh....

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

And the news gets even worse... Due to my reaction to the pool water, NO more pool running or swimming...that is great, huh....
                Well, Tim, maybe you could find a lake to swim in, with no chlorine issues! Oh, wait, the lakes are frozen this time of year.... well, the weather's not great for running, either, so if you look on the bright side, this is as good a time as any to be on the DL... Not that there's ever a good time. Keep your spirits up! We're here whenever you need to vent! This too shall pass.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

NO more pool running or swimming
                  except for divechief in his heyday, I've rarely, if ever, had to admit having met my match in winter nonrunning but, as impressive as your (and lamalina's) extending nonrun tapering is becoming this year, and as much as I don't like to brag, don't even think of challenging the king of kings in nonswimming, especially pool swimming. Except for a couple of midnight madness dips with some other goofball friends in August and September, last real swim was in a favorite triathlon in August (124 days) and the last one before that was the same triathlon in 2007 (364 days). Pool swimming? not since May 2005 - 1,284 days. Stick to nonrunning buddie!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Sorry to hear that Tim. Have you talked to your doctor about something stronger than Benadryl to help with your reaction to the chlorine? I know it's hard because I have problems with it, too. I ran an extra mile for you tonight, ok? 11 miles with 2 mile warm up at 8:49 pace, then 6 x half-mile repeats at about 10k pace (7:30) with .25 mile recoveries at 8:34, then the last 4.5 miles in 37 minutes (8:14 avg pace) to get 11 miles total in 90 minutes. Nice and sweaty basement run... Tomorrow will definitely be an easy recovery day! Legs tired but fine, foot on ice but just as a pre-emptive move. Its really ok. I'm pumped cuz this is the first hard workout I've done where I pretty much ran what I'd planned (warm up, repeats, MP or better to finish) and didn't feel like I was going to expire in the process.

Marathon Maniac #3309

In the past while training for Triathlons, I did try Benadryl and it did nothing to help. Then my friend Doc gave me an allergy shot that he said would last for 6 months...which didn't help either. I asked him yesterday if there was anything else to do to help, and he said he was not aware of anything else. Due to my reaction to chlorine and feeling sick allll the time, he told me no more pool work at all. Finally, when I found something that at least made me feel better about myself, and about not being able to run - although very boring - that gets taken away too. I am actually really sooo close, to go ahead and start running again...regardless of my stoopid foot. Who cares if it makes things worse at this point....really. Carolyn, you are right as I have no problem open water swimming in our reservoir...but yes, it is frozen solid now. Erika, thanks for that extra mile! Do you think the elliptical would really be bad for my AT...maybe I could at least try and see, huh? Tet, thanks Buddie...you do help me more than you prolly realize Sorry...........but sucks to be me right now. Thanks...you guys are such a Joy, and good Friends Bummed T

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!