Masters Running

Monday, May 9 Runs and Assorted Workout-Type Activities..... (Read 584 times)

TammyinGP

Nothing like a good beer immediately after a race to speed recovery. Tamster, if I remember right, didn't we down a beer, then head back out on the course to find the oyster-slurping Tet? Ah, good times.... Wish I could go again this year.

Leslie, you do some of the Coastal Trail Runs, don't you? Have you ever run Canyon Meadow at the Redwood Regional Park in Oakland? I'm going to be in Concord that weekend and may run this one. Any opinions or advice?

yes, Dove  and  I think I might have had a couple by the time we headed back out on the course. I do recall feeling buzzed and hoping that buzz would go away by the time we found him and started running again.

granted, since I don't drink much, I don't have much of a tolerance for alcohol anyways, but after running a marathon, that alcohol must absorb super quick into your system because those cups of beer were not even that big and I had a buzz going before I finished the first one!

Tammy

Dove - I ran the 30k of that course in 2009 when it was still the Wendell and Sarah show.  A brief report here.  Wendell now has Coastal Trail Runs and Sarah kept PCTR.  I've run two of Wendell's races, and they basically mirror what was done when he was part of PCTR.

I really enjoyed the Redwood Park run.  It was quite warm when out in the open, so keep that in mind.  The 10k loop of the 30k was monstrous.  I don't know where that would come up in the 50k.  There were 3 or 4 climbs where I was went WTH???  Lots large steps up because of "rocks" (in my mind I remember them as boulders) and lots of roots to maneuver.  But toward the end there's a really sweet downhill section where I had a blast.  And great aid stations with lots of choices.

Also, with all the rain we've had in NorCal and with the sunny days we've been having, you'll likely find lots of poison oak, so beware.

I need to remember this run and give it another go.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

I swear I saw a pygmy run through the back yard yesterday chasing one of the cats.

It may have been Avenger Doggie...He dresses weird sometimes.

I went to a blood drive after work. At that point, fewer then 12 people had signed in. Some of those had been deferred. I was the only donor in the place for the 45 min. I was in there. On the way home, I started calling local radio stations.With the workers' permission of course. GS got to hear Grampy live. I guess he didn't quite know what to make of it. I'm a bit light headed now, but I wanted to make sure every one here was on good behavior. It wouldn't do to let BTY know what we're really like yet.

SteveP

Hi BTW!!

jtv ..... nice re-entry into racing.  WTG on the AG hardware!

Leslie.... glad your fever is gone and the nerve thing is getting better!  One step at a time.

I'm all for a beer after a hard run, regardless of the time of day.  Ran with a trail group last summer who routinely finished their outings with a beer and a soak in the river after.  Nothing better on a hot summer day!

Surprised myself to find the after-work recovery run had both no pain and significant sproink... so I went with it for 6.9 ezpz miles. Woot!

ps....Steve, I think he already knows somehow......

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Maniac 505

beer after a marathon?  why wait till after?   Recently I have availed myself to the aid station that often shows up around mile 20 sponsored by local hash house harrier chapters. Roll eyes  and at Newport I wasn't able to get anyone's unused beer ticket,  I just am not as cute as Tammy.

I got an extra ticket at Newport and it was fun watching Tammy get buzzed!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Avenger Doggie, huh?  I'll have to keep my peeled . . . .   (that's the best I have in the eye peeling category)

Yea, Heme!

For those interested in trail running, a great video of the Miwok 100K Trail Run this past weekend.  The parts through Rodeo Lagoon, Tennessee Valley, and Pirates Cove are part of the two 50ks I did in Feb and March.  And the "Coastal Fire Road" looks like the decent toward the end of both those races, but I'm not sure.

If you ever want to run a challenging trail run, check out a run in the Marin Headlands. Smile

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Cry

I wish you guys can be there this year!

I guess the party will be only between Erika, rasmussen and I

2 easy miles plus 50' of core...

onward with another high mileage this week sans race...hurrayyyyyy!!!!

You know, I sure hope twocat left the rain in CT...it would be terrible to go to the Caribbean and have some rain!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

and i thought all I was missin' by being so slow was the Ivar's clam chowder at the Seattle Marathon, etc.

Posie/erika/mikemp have a lot to make up for us who can't get back again this year.. 

However, don't stop too long for the all-you-can-eat oysters if you want to take advantage of the PR parts of the course, . . . or, if you do stop to partake, no particular reason, but don't eat more than 102 of the delicious Yaquina Bay bivalves.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)