Masters Running

Mon Dec 29 Runs and etc (Read 417 times)

TammyinGP

I read every word of your football commentary Ribs - as we are huge football fans at our house! Our weekend schedule (or lack thereof) revolves around the games. I was so happy the Vikings won! And I agree with you on Favre - he should have stayed retired . . . go out on top and be remembered for that. YAY Nancy! Sweet Santa gift! I'm finally back at work after 5 days off. 5 days off and very little running, which is par for the course for December anyways. But things are gonna change tomorrow I tell ya! Tongue Tammy's month of sluggery is about to be over! time to upload the Christmas pics and video of son opening his last two gifts on Christmas. A very emotional couple of minutes in our household! I'll share a link to the video when I get it done.

Tammy

30 min stationary bike, 1 hr core/strength. The stationary bike is so doggone boring, it's definitely a lesson in patience every single time. I keep hinting to the Hub that I need a TV in my workout room. His remarks: You can have a TV out there when I get my big flat screen in here. Hmmmm . . . we may need to do some bargaining - and soon. Big grin Recovery runs - I'm terrible about keeping my pace nice and slow on recovery runs. I get going, things are feeling good, and the next thing I know I have quite a fast pace going. Gotta work on that. Have a good one!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

xor

My little dachshund had to go to the emergency vet in the middle of the night and is now scheduled for spinal surgery (to relieve the pressure on his spine of a herniated disk). Probably no running for me today.

dg.

My little dachshund had to go to the emergency vet in the middle of the night and is now scheduled for spinal surgery (to relieve the pressure on his spine of a herniated disk). Probably no running for me today.
          Stevie Ray I'm so sorry!!! {{{{ little dachsund }}}}.... what's his name?
          xor

His full name is Tobias J Funky (named after the Tobias Funke character from the show "Arrested Development"). So as not to clog up this daily thread, a dog thread (w/ a couple pictures) is over there.

Henrun

Recovery run for us also- 3 miles. Not as warm as yesterday but still in low 40's and windy. I still wore shorts Cool. Family all gone and we did the usual errands this afternoon. Now to get ready for end of year runs and a champagne and caviar blinis New Years day. Smile.

Marathon Maniac #957

Stevie Ray - so sorry and I hope the little fella comes through with flying colors and quick healing. Poor little guy.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

{{TF the doggie}} Out near noon in sunny 61F for 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 36:40 (9:10 pace, AHR 147) Bit faster pace due to some strides thrown in.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mariposai

{{{butterfly hugs to Tobias}}} oh poor Tobias J Funky....sorry to hear about this surgery.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I hope T. J. F. the dachsy comes through his surgery. We had a miniature dachshund when I was a kid and I remember her back was always a concern. Mariposai, that's a wonderful Christmas gift! How fun to get a marathon under the tree! Smile And I think that one comes with a guaranteed Boomer/Masters gathering, too! Tammy, welcome back. It'll be nice to get all that behind you. Our cold snap continues... and will continue apparently for the next week. I'm thinking the novelty is wearing a little thin already. Sure glad I'm not trying to fit any 20 milers into the near future. The treadmill part of yesterday's long run was done with the heat turned up a little bit. Need to start thinking about running in some H&H!!
                      wildchild

Carolyn

Robert, sorry to hear about poor Tobias! Hope you both come through his surgery OK! Erika, sorry to hear it's still cold there. It's warm here! I ran in shorts and tee today; it's 58F and sunny! In keeping with today's theme I did a 3.25 mile recovery run. I didn't even take a watch as I don't care what my pace was. But rest assured, it was slow. Cool

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

xor

In running-related news, Seattle traded our two weeks of icesnowslush (it's all gone for many of us THOUGH NOT ALL) for a 50 mph windstorm today. Even if I was going to go run today, which I'm not, it would be really hard.

TammyinGP

We had terrible winds down here too SR. I'm not sure the speeds, but when I got up this a.m., it looked like a tornado swept through with all the downed branches. We live in a forested area, so high winds always make me nervous. I finally uploaded a video to my youtube. For those that are interested in watching this, a bit of background first: For Christmas, our son's big gift was a Madden PS game and a PS system. He had no clue he was getting this as he knows that we are not fans of video games. David is REALLY into football - OCD about football actually - so after a lot of talk, DH and I decided that he could have a video system and we are going to limit it to sports-type or learning stuff. No fighting, shoot 'em up stuff. Good friends of ours, bought a PS2 system, but never used it and asked if they could send it to David, along with a NHRA drag racing game and ATV game. So, here's david opening his last two gifts on Christmas morning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH7FXKyRriM

Tammy

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tammy .... Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin (that's your son)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Renee the dog

{{{dg}}} {{{srlopez + pooch}}} Well it was full sun, balmy temps for my scheduled noon 10 miler. Got 1.5 in... Cry Back spasm almost from step one...tried to let it work itself out. Not to be. Dead On the plus side, I pulled out my Trigger Point Massage Therapy workbook in desparation, and darn if there isn't a section (sort of) on the pain I had. So I spent 1/2 an hour in excrutiating agony rolling on an oversized superball. Feeling much improved. New plan is to run about 3 tomorrow and try for the 10 on New Year's Eve morning. More agony rolling on the superball between now and then.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!