Masters Running

TGIF July 22 - stay cool folks (Read 514 times)

Maniac 505

{{{Leslie}}}   Man,  life sure can throw us some curve balls.   Hoping and wishing for the best for both of you.

wildchild

Carolyn

Holy Moly Leslie. I know you are tough, I had no idea how tough you are.

Many hugs your way. 

I couldn't agree more. A very brave post.  Shorty is lucky to have you.

What a bad time to be on the DL!  I'm sure some long trail runs would do wonders for your mental health. I hope some long walks will suffice till you're running again.  Wish I could come hike and/or run with you.  Hang in there.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Slo

{{{Leslie}}}

Stay strong.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey--Slo--aren't you supposed to be on a bike ride, or something?

((Leslie))  Thank you for feeling comfortable to share all that with us.  You are a remarkable woman and your husband is lucky to have you stand by him and try to work things out.....time will tell the rest of the story.  It takes not only courage but grace to deal with all of this they way you have and for that you are very much admired and loved.  I will definitely keep you and Shorty in my prayers!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Golly, Leslie, I think you actually shocked Tet into coherency!  Wink

Leslie - while I agree that Shorty seems to be showing some character in how he deals with this, I am truly sorry that you, who had nothing to do with it, must suffer from the fall-out of his behavior.  Like others have said, you are a strong and caring person.  You will get through this, and I'm glad to hear that you have some good friends close by to help, but you also have some good friends here.  We may be only "virtual" but I hope you know you can count on many of us if you need something.  Just shoot me an email if there is anything I can do personally.  Here's a couple extra {{{hugs}}} to start off with.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

POTD!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Well, I have to say (1) this made me Big grin and (2) whew!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets confused.

You all are wonderful.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo

Hey--Slo--aren't you supposed to be on a bike ride, or something?

Not soon enough !!

17 more mins here at work. Pick up some incidentals, take DW out for Dinner and then 5:30am tomorrow morning hit the road for Western Iowa.

RAGBRAI Starts Saturday, the wheels hit the road Sunday morning !

I can't wait !

Mike E

MM #5615

Have a great time!

fatozzig it is hard to know what to say.  You have my deepest sympathies for having had to go through all you have.  I hope that in short order things look bright, not just brighter, but bright.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

(((Leslie)))

Your getting through this so far is a major accomplishment.  Best of luck to you as you move forward.

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

Have fun, Slo!

Warm today at 77 but it feels wonderful. A teensy bit of smoke smell from the fire across the river. I went out a little longer than planned but just did. not. want. to. turn. around! Got to my usual 3+ mile turnaround point, and went up the road instead. This is the road you run down after passing mile 7 of the Equinox, so I went up a little past the 7 mile post, just onto the trail below the horse farm, then turned and came back.
                            7.22 miles, 58:20 total, 8:04 avg
                            8:07

8:19

8:17

8:12

7:42

7:50

8:03

8:13 for the last .22 mile.

You can sure tell when I turned around and started back... gradual downhill!

Ran longer today because I won't run much tomorrow, 4 max.

{{{Leslie}}} Despite what the DA said or implied about your involvement, YOU KNOW the truth so keep your chin up Girl!  I think it is encouraging that your husband has accepted responsibility for his actions and is trying to address the root problem.  The road ahead will be difficult but you have friends who care about you.  Hang in there!

Sending you lots of love Leslie (from Boone, NC where it never got above 82 degrees-----work is GOOD!)

You are brave and courageous and if you were right here I'd hold on to you tight  {{{{{[Leslie}}}}}}}

Oh Holly! You made me laugh out loud! What a great offer Tet and right on point suggestion---complete violation of ethics on the DA's part