Masters Running

Monday, April 18th Racing and Tracking (Read 612 times)

Top 'O the World!

Kenya win's the Boston Marathon. Geoffrey Mutai in NEW COURSE RECORD of 2:03:01.

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

It's like Ali vs Frasier, around here today.  Down goes Frasier, down goes Frasier in my best Howard Cosell voice.  Great runs to all our Bostonians.  You guys are fast.  3 miles in the snow this morning, 28  degrees this morning it was 85 a week ago so much for Michigan weather.  1.2 hrs lifting with heavy narrow grip bench, squats and deadlift in workout.  A first quality double workout for me this year.  Run well all.

Mike E

MM #5615

With an 18 mph tail wind there may be a course record at Boston!!  How about at 2:04:XX Boston?  I'd put money on it today!

Hey--somebody knew what he was talking about.

Kenya win's the Boston Marathon. Geoffrey Mutai in NEW COURSE RECORD of 2:03:01.

ShockedShockedShocked

Tell me it was the wind.....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Karin's at 30K in 2:18:11

Maine's through 25K in 2:00:41

Mike E

MM #5615

ShockedShockedShocked

It was the wind.

Looks like Daddyo is trying to catch Karin.  He's at 30k in 2:21:43

WRFB is through 25K in 2:05:49

dg.

ShockedShockedShocked

it was the wind.

hey Perch you were right!

dg.

Nono is at 1:24 for the 15K.   ...    hmm. I don't know what else has been posted!      Anybody know Bob Hearn?  He's running at a 6:53 pace, 2:29:18 at 35K.        the wind again I bet.

Tramps

Great race to watch.  Those elites just have such smooth form, it's easy to forget how fast they're traveling.

And good day for the Americans...

New US record for Ryan Hall 2:04:57

Second place women's finish for American Desiree Davila, who had awesome form all the way to the end.  Amazing to watch.  The Brooks-Hanson folks must be ecstatic.

Go RA runners!

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

Okay--we need to send Karin some positive mental vibes!  She's through 35K in 2:44:28...but she's slowing down.  Come on Karin!

Daddyo's not far behind in 2:46:50.  Go go Daddyo!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I was amazed last year that the Boston record dropped from the 2:07's to 2:05's totally skipping the 2:06's.

Now this year it skips the 2:04's Shocked

Amazing!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

HermosaBoy

JohnMaas in at 2:54:11 -- Many of you know John...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

dg.

Okay--we need to send Karin some positive mental vibes!  She's through 35K in 2:44:28...but she's slowing down.  Come on Karin!

Daddyo's not far behind in 2:46:50.  Go go Daddyo!

okay joining you in those mental vibes!    go Karin!!!!!!!!!!!!

& go Daddyo! 

wow.   what an amazing group of runners.    am in awe.

thought I'd mention, too, that Ribs is running strong & steady. ahead so far of his predicted pace.   so happy for him.  

wish Vista would get back & update his chart.   ;-)

Mike E

MM #5615

wish Vista would get back & update his chart.   ;-)

I was thinking the same thing! 

Marathon Maniac #957

sendingvibestoKarinsendingvibestoKarin...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."