Masters Running

Thursday July 14th - daily thread (Read 391 times)

Happy Birthday, wild girls!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Twocat, sorry to hear about your friend.  I hope you get to see him soon.

OM - that was hilarious!  I find all social media a bit ridiculous, except internet forums of course!

Well, last night was fun.  My DD woke up and started puking copious amounts all over the bathroom floor.  When she finished I sent her to bed and began a crude clean up.  The puddle was so huge I ended up stepping in it and sliding around, barely able to hold my balance (ewwww).  Pretty funny in retrospect.  I noticed in the morning it still smelled pretty awful in there, and discovered a whole bunch more puke behind the trash can.  She really had herself set to paint sprayer mode.  Poor kid, poor me.  Anyway, couldn't leave her alone today so no run.  Not that I felt like it anyway with the rain and female problems.

So when DH asked me this morning if something had happened last night (he was snoring deeply the whole time, as usual) I just about snapped his head off.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Enke - That's not funny . . . but it is funny.  "Set to paint sprayer mode."  Ha! Big grin

Asking for positive thoughts and prayers for the little boy of one of my co-workers.  He's 6 yo.  She flew out of here before lunch 'cause he was running a fever of over 100° and was having seizures.  They're flying him down to UCSF 'cause his blood panels are all over the place and the medical personnel here don't know what to do with him.  He had brain surgery a couple of years ago to try and stop the seizures and until now it's been a success.  On top of all this, he is significantly autistic.  Please keep them in your prayers.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

ugggg - i need to catch up again!!  so sorry!!

Happy Birthday to our beautiful birthday twins!!

OM - glad surgery went well

Henry - you are definitely an inspiration!

Leslie - will keep your co-workers son in my prayers

time to read back and catch up

Good news on my front - Justin is home from the hospital and seems to understand the importance of taking his meds, working out and avoiding alcohol and other substances -- now I pray that really sinks in and lasts!!  Thank you all for your support!

denise

4 miles today. 1/2 mile warmup, 5k, 1/2 mile cooldown.  Placed 3rd/7  50-54AG 31:00 minutes a little slower today than my last 5k, but only a few seconds.  Nice evening for a race mid 70's partly cloudy.  No splits, my watch didn't start and they didn't have the mile marks labeled, at least I didn't see any.    Run well all

evanflein

Good for you on the 5k, Derrick.

{{{Denise and Justin}}} I sure hope he understands the importance of staying on his meds...

My 6 mile run today at lunch was easier than yesterday's trail run (9.3 miles), but the pace was the same (8:16). Interesting how that works, but I guess it shouldn't be. The trail I ran last night has a lot of uphill in the first 4 miles, and a lot of roots throughout. Mile 5 on this route (the Equinox marathon course) is my favorite, a nice downhill drop with roots and washouts, ending with a run along the fence to the musk ox farm. Then the next 4+ miles along the Ultra course. Today's run was just a nice out-and-back along a trail behind campus, one of my standard lunchtime runs, and I kept the effort really easy. The fact that the pace from today's run and last night's run was the same is really interesting. A good testament to the fact that pace really doesn't matter... effort is what counts.

SteveP

How exciting for your DH Mary! Nice front end loader...Kinda makes me drool.

Thanks JLynne..The kids are fine. After getting DD#1 down to the campground and set up and DD#3 worked past her stubborn streak and went down. The kids' bio dad decided he's not camping with them. He's the one who suggested it, picked out the sites and had his kids foot the bill. It's not always easy to not be judgmental.

(((((OM)))))

Nice Byll

Ugh Enke...Poor kid

Oh crap Leslie.of course the young man is in my prayers..

SteveP