Masters Running

TGIF July 22 - stay cool folks (Read 514 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

{{{{Leslie}}}}

SteveP

Good Golly, Leslie, I think you actually shocked Tet into coherency!  Wink

Ah crap...I thought my medication was finally working.

SteveP

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Dad!!! Shush!!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Mariposai

For Leslie!!!

We are here for you sistahh!!! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Ah crap...I thought my medication was finally working.

Smile

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks good boy.

I bet he doesn't even know  POTD means the goddesses made me poster of the day.

Besides, I get to go running with mariposai again on Sunday.

also, in those days, I took my bowwow for a full marathon.

I bet I get to do a trail run with Leslie someday too.

and I don't even have to wear a costume.

that's okay, I like him anyway.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Leslie, I am so sorry for this terrible situation you are in. My DD1 and I have a little game that we use when life gets rough.  It is called "Three Good Things".  It helps with the feeling that life is the pits, when life really is in the pits.   What we do is to think of three good things in our lives - big, or small, and try to give them a little thought.  Anything at all that is positive right now in our lives.  In your case, one could be your support from your running friends. You can think of it as prayer, or positive thinking, or good vibes, or whatever.  We often share our Three Good Things, but not always.  Hang in there, Leslie, we feel for you.  

Leslie, I'll meet you someday at some kicka$$ trail race and give you a big hug. This has been a hard, hard year.

I thank you all so very, very much. 

I kept thinking the worst was over, with the exception of dealing with restitution, because we had been preparing ourselves for a jail sentence.  Then tonight, the whole thing made the local news.Two friends called me in case I didn't watch the news (which I didn't), and they didn't want me to be caught unawares.  As is typical with news folks, they got only a portion of the facts correct.  The manager of the store where Shorty worked and the DA went on the news and said he took XXX-dollars - an amount they have not proven, but are basing solely upon conjecture.  He plead guilty to the embezzlement, but the dollar amount has yet to be determined/finalized.

Another hard part in all this is Shorty is a well-known public personality as he coached the Humboldt Crabs for 14 years.  Makes him a really, really big target in our area.  Anyway, I'm suppose to go to the memorial service for a friend's father tomorrow.  My stomach is twisting and turning at the thought, but I can't imagine not going.

My brain is so, so tired.  I need to hit the hay.

Thank you all so very, very much.  I am truly blessed.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Leslie, I'll meet you someday at some kicka$$ trail race and give you a big hug. This has been a hard, hard year.

+1

You, too, OM!