Masters Running

40's haulin butt..summer's running away ... (Read 480 times)

jfa

Level 3 Cindy. So far I'm maxing at 42.

Top 'O the World!

Oh very good!!....Doug is doing that too....I don't remember what his "max" is...mine w/good form is only 27 so far....
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Nice going for both of you Cindy !! Cool I'm really concentrating on form too. If they aren't "perfect", I don't really count them. Keep up the good work!

Good morning all! Leslie -- there is some truth to that saying that where one door closes another opens. Your new door appears to have opened before the other one closed, which is less stressful all around. Good luck with getting all the details of your transition ironed out. R2 -- chunk that computer off a cliff and get out there in beautiful Estes Park! So glad you get a little away time, even if the "W" word is cropping up (ha...pun intended)! Joe and Mtnchk -- wowsa, are you kids doing that many pushups without stopping, or is that with rests between sets? Either way, wowsa! I did 12 / 12 /and 8 pushups on one of those half ball thingies turned upside down (the ball thingie, not me) yesterday after the rest of my workout and that was all she wrote! OK, so a friend supplied my contact info to a company that is looking for a CFO. One of their lines of business is wellness, so it's kind of intriguing. They contacted me the next day. I'm good with life right now, but figured it's worth a lookeysee. Something about interviews and such that makes me feel like it's a competion that I must "win". Gotta stop that and treat it more like running....just enjoy the experience, but not let the race or PR's, or "winning" a job that I don't even know if I want, be the end-all, be-all. I suppose it's time to stop ruminating about running as a metaphor for life and get to work now. Oh, running...yes...that's right...yesterdy was 40 minutes of elliptical + about the same on weights. Today is a 3 mile run...on the treadmill since it's still 100+ here, and not dropping below 80 at night.
          Progress Trumps Pefection
            psst! Leslie....peeps are still sleeping Wink
            I was still up looking for my gumba cat. Just can't go to sleep unless they're all in and accounted for. Roll eyes Joe - I'm gonna check out that site then get back to you. Slept in too late, so only 45 minutes on the stationary bike instead of the planned hour, and a little less than half an hour of strength/core. Just enough to finish my "GI Jane" DVD. Wink Later! MTA - I forgot we were up to 2 pages! Carol - If the company contacted you, you have the upper hand. That and the fact that you don't need a job right now puts you in the driver's seat. Enjoy! I talked with my friend who works at the other office. She has implied that they're thinking about it being a part-time position for awhile, which won't work for me. I don't want to get caught up in working 2 part-time jobs, then have my other boss (who supposedly isn't retiring yet) up and retire in July when his wife is contemplating retiring. Plus, that attorney has to get things okayed with her partners. Hopefully we'll be meeting Thursday and I'll know more then. I just keep thinking about the fact that life as I've known it for the last 11 1/2 years is about to change drastically. (((sigh))) Blush Change is good, right? Confused

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

(((sigh))) Blush Change is good, right? Confused
              Leslie- one thing that I have learned is that the only certain thing in this life is that there will be alot of uncertainty!! You're a hard worker,smart, and not afraid to tough it out. I think that you will be fine. Smile

Thanks, Joe. Smile I just printed out the hundred pushups program. We'll see how it goes! Big grin

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

A couple pics, home now, cut it short a day, run tommorow, catch up with ya all in a bit. Ed's trail I think I posted a picture from near this location in winter. had a group picnic here, Longs peak prominent in background Still some snow, the snow in this pic is the Trough on Longs Peak, just above that snow line is where I let my fear of hts get to me and tuirn around on last summers climb.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Farmer Jim - Can ya try on the pics again??

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

I see 'em. Beeeauuutiful! Wow ! Is that snow on the mountains? Re: the Pushup Challenge , I should mention that there's a group http://runningahead.com/groups/pushup/ here were Janell is good enough to track and graph them Smile

Ahhhhhhh.....beautiful! Need me some mountains Cry Leslie, change IS hard, but often leads to wonderful things you never imagined. I have a feeling that will be the case with you. Think of all the changes you have made in your fitness. Difficult...yes...good...youbetcha! Just back from 3.5 miles (39 minutes) on the treadmill at the gym. Thank goodness for ipods and tv's!
                        Progress Trumps Pefection

Ultrachick

Hey Everyone, I haven't checked out the push up site but I make my circuit training class do 2 sets of twenty every week. Check out this video, it's from my race last weekend http://www.teamwickedpissah.com/news/2008/7/29/jay-with-a-twist.html Be back in a minute.... MTA-I'm back but not for long-early morning tomorrow and need to get to bed but the results from my race have been posted. I don't think it's completely accurate but as it stands I finished 63 out of 218 finishers and it looks like 11 out of 33 women. I was awarded 2nd place master but the woman who is listed as first may have only done the half marathon which would make me first!!! I'll keep you posted....and there were only 10 women over 40. So if you look at 218 racers and only 33 of them women....I kicked a lot of guy butt!!! Big grin Wink Check out the video-it's only 3 minutes and it shows the river, the beaver pond and the mud!
                          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

jfa

Holy Smokes Kelly- that's wicked cool! That looks tough as heck no matter what gender your butt belongs to !! Shocked Good going on your results and let us know how it turns out!

flatland mountaineer

4 miles on my hill route 60 deg on its way to 100+, Something a little funky going on with my right heel but nothing to serious. I ran on it a little bit on the trails int the mtns. I am thinking I will walk the one mile with my dad at the local 1 mile/5k during the fair this weekend. Gotta hit the road in the big truck and do it to it like Will and Sonny used to do it to it............C Yas

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Top 'O the World!

WOW!! Kelly, that's looks like sooo much fun!!! I've always done shorter "hikes" that way either in the mtns here or Smile more than 10-15 miles - & not very fast!! Mom wants to know how often you would switch out shoes? R2: Smile Smile Smile Niiiiice! ....can't believe you left early!!! Confused Roll eyes ahh well, return often! Good news from the Podiatrist yesterday! Smile What a neat Guy!! I almost regret that I shouldn't need to go see him again! we had a nice chat about running, stretching, my feet & calves, shoes....Yep, I was on the right track w/Morton's Neuroma...nope, mine's not so bad..I already know that I have wide feet. Then he tells me that w/the increased mileage & warmer weather, feet - particularly the metatarsels - spread out more - need more room......therefore, even though they felt good initially, I need wider shoes! (he suggested Men's shoes) & soft, light inserts (which he provided 2 prs) to lift my arch minimally & give my toes more "spread", icing, massage & common sense...& then he called me a "youngun" & charged me half $ for the ofc visit/consult!! Then stopped by the running store....they don't stock men's shoes in a size 6! apparently, many brands don't seem to MAKE a size 6 Sad BUT Saucony has a "D" width women's that I'm going to try out....feels a bit weird, but cushy w/the inserts....went out for a few eeeasy miles w/the dogs.....so far, so good! Have speed drills or hills w/TNT group tonight....weatherman says it's going to hit 100*!! Shocked aacck!
                                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group