Masters Running

Monday July 9 Daily (Read 391 times)

OM, I run with music sometimes and other times not.  I thought about you during my run just now, because no iPod this time so I concentrated on my form, picking up my knees like the stepping drill I often do and quieting my footfall. There were dark ominous clouds with a few sprinkles coming back in and then a few minutes after I got home, the rain poured!  5 miles easy and not quite as slow as most of my easy runs lately and yet very comfortable so I attribute that to the focus on form.  My mind tends to drift off with the music so thanks for the reminder.

We had a great weekend with DD.  I poured everything good into that kid and it has paid off.  She is everything good about me and nothing bad.

mta-{Erika}

I almost forgot about you Ohio folks.  We will be in Cincinnati this weekend (and Louisville) so if anyone's in the area and wants to do about a 9 mile run with me Sunday morning, please let me know.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Funny blog post today, Ribs. I'd gladly give up 30 seconds in a race to take a good picture though. Most of mine look like candidates for Millbot's Dreadful Race Pictures thread.

Enke, yikes is right. Nothing like dealing with someone else's pushy motor-mouth.

Nice going, Tammy and David! Naughty Bailey!!

I did run yesterday, but it probably wasn't the smartest thing I could've done, but I keep saying I'll hold up well enough for Saturday's 8k. In sympathy (yeah, that's what I'm going to call it), DH sent me this. I think he's trying to make a point or something. Roll eyes

I actually did some cross training today: 3.2 miles on the elliptical in 28:40, leg tolerated it just fine. I also think getting back into the pool running thing would be a good idea, but I need to get a belt. The pool I can use now doesn't provide them. It's always something, right?

Mariposai

Erika, my DH and I are laughin soooooooooooo hard about this!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2TRUUu2uHo&feature=related

No running for me today, REST day...I am a marathon runner Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

No moose sightings here, but I saw 4 elk on the Elk Trail tonight!  Had a fun 7.6 mile trail run in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.  Really beautiful evening, and 65 degrees. 

Tammy, wow, you really  know how to cherry pick those races!  5 runners?  Sounds almost like rhoon's mosquito feast marathon!  But still, first place is first place.

I saw that youtube video a few days ago and posted it over in the rehab thread.  Hilarious, probably because there's a lot of truth in it.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Late Post - Today was a rest day, and boy did I need it.  I could've slept for another couple of hours and seriously considered calling in, something I never do; but I sucked it up and went to work.  Now I'm ready for bed.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Oh I just remembered what someone said about Cincinnati so if you live elsewhere in Ohio you may get a chuckle. One of the other parents on the weekend trip is from NE Ohio and I mentioned our upcoming trip. "Oh, that's not really Ohio. It's the South."

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

wildchild

Carolyn

Opie, that kind of makes sense  - the Cincinnati airport is in Kentucky, after all!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Bushrat Runner

Late post...had a zippy commute run today. Saw no moose...but no bear either...

Marathon Maniac #957

We had a great weekend with DD.  I poured everything good into that kid and it has paid off.  She is everything good about me and nothing bad.

I love this....Smile

Erika - that is hilarious, and sadly, so true.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tammy, nice racing for you and your son. How can you beat 1st and 2nd OA, 2 AG wins, and doorprizes? It reminds me of a small race I was in where I was 2nd in my AG and I was in the only AG with more than one person in it. tet, I don't know wheter to congratulate you on your second training run of the year or say that you are spoiling your image.

Nice long run for econo.

I'm in Ludington visiting my mother, sister, and brother in law. We've gotten in some good visiting, including a picnic by Lake Michigan. This morning, it was in the high 50s and just a light wind. I got in 5 miles at an 11:57 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS