Masters Running

Best Race Times in 2009 (Read 2433 times)

Thanks, Ilene.  My only 4 miler of the year:

M 60-64 4M 30:02

BTW, I noticed that a 2008 in that section needs to be changed to 2009.

Hi Ilene,

I was holding out for something faster but that improving trend I'd been on past 3 years has taken a U turn and seems headed in opposite direction. No complaints, though. I'm grateful to still be running as well as I am. This year's entries: 19:42 (5k), 32:12 (8k), 39:59 (10k). Still have another 19 months to go in 60-64 division.

And congrats to you on a huge PR today. You arehaving a nice year...lets count 'em...1, 2, 3, 4, 5 PR's for 2009!

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

#artbydmcbride

Smile

Runners run

43:03 for me yesterday at the LL Bean 10K in Freeport, ME.
            First race of the year 1:07:35 Clydesdale 225pounds, 10k Volkslauffe also would make it in M50-54 age group.

jules2

Hi Ilene,

I was holding out for something faster but that improving trend I'd been on past 3 years has taken a U turn and seems headed in opposite direction. No complaints, though. I'm grateful to still be running as well as I am. This year's entries: 19:42 (5k), 32:12 (8k), 39:59 (10k). Still have another 19 months to go in 60-64 division.

And congrats to you on a huge PR today. You arehaving a nice year...lets count 'em...1, 2, 3, 4, 5 PR's for 2009!

Good times Jim, I'm hoping to get closer to your 10K time in August, please don't tell me you are running any half's this year as I'd like to be the fastest at just one distance!

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Prince of Fatness

Ilene,

Please replace my 5 mile time with 33:37.

Thanks!

Not at it at all. 

Hi Ilene, Over the weekend, I ran an 8K and improved my time a little, to 44:09.

Thanks, TomS

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hi ilene. - how was seattle for the king and queen? 

are you taking the summer off from PR`s for a while? 

I sure missed you.

darn it, darn it, darn it.

In the meantime, after seven marathons deferring to Mr. Knee close to seven hours this year and two big PR ones in the eights, put me down for a 5:57:02 before someone dreams up that Japanese clocks are on metric too.  

tetsujin - Imperial Palace Marathon #96 (7/11/09 - Tokyo) - 5:57:02 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Ilene, just noticed I bagged one:

4 mile M55-59  28:41  perchcreek

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Oh, there's more...

5K M55-59 22:14 perchcreek  (jan 1st)

20K M55-59 1:32:26 perchcreek (feb 21st)

10K M55-59 46:07 perchcreek (mar 7th)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

I was able to drop my Clydesdale 5k time to 20:33 today.  Hopefully this is my last Clydesdale race.

MTA: edited to reflect official chip time. 

Since the 10K spot is open.......M45-49  52:08

Thanks Ilene.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Hi Ilene,  I'll again take advantage of being about the only one in my AG.

M65-69

2:04:10

Thanks, TomS

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

being about the only one in my AG. 

wait just a minute young man.

you've got some competition, . . . at least for third place if you ever get slow

like you’’re supposed at this chronology.

8K: tetsujin - 49:42 (7-25-09 Torchlight 8K - 9/15AG)

10K: tetsujin - 1:04:34 (7-26-09 Swedish SummeRun - 4/10AG)

ps - secret message to Queen ilene.

Uhmm, . . . ootems si mu oy did

no need to say but, if not, do you know if KniPrM was getting together with you when he was otherwise missing?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)